Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
hhalimi2021

I need help downloading a modded doom game on mac

Hello guys, I am starting to get interested in playing modded doom games on my mac. However, I need your help because I have tried getting doom and mods for it but it does not work on my mac. I would appreciate if one of you guys can help me. Thank you in advanced.   

Edited by hhalimi2021

Do you have source port like gzdoom? Mostly mods run through this. 

Sorry I cannot replay anymore so I have to edit this one. So I went to the freedom site but there are no downloads for the game doom.

Edited by hhalimi2021

You need doom.wad, doom2.wad, tnt.wad, or plutonia.wad to play Doom. The files need to be in the same folder as GZDoom to play.

If you don't have any of those, you should look into Freedoom, a project to create an open-source IWAD for Doom and its immediate derivatives, such as Heretic, Hexen, and Strife.

Hello guys I made another account because I cannot replay with my main account, so I went to freedom and downloaded freedoom-0.11.3 (1).zip, I opened the file and I get freedoom1.wad and freedooms.wad. I rename them both but Gzdoom cannot find the files. Can you tell me why?

You need two things: An executable to run the game, such as GZDoom ( at zdoom.org/downloads) for a more modern version of the game with support for many mods, or a more conservative port such as Chocolate Doom (www.chocolate-doom.org/wiki/index.php/Downloads ) which is similar to the original game.

Second, you'll need the game files. Doom stores all it's files in a .wad format. you have the wads for each main game, called IWADs (DOOM.WAD for The Ultimate Doom, DOOM2.WAD for Doom 2, TNT.WAD and PLUTONIA.WAD for Final Doom), you can obtain those buying the original games and browsing their files, and .wad files for add-on map sets called PWADs, which you can load opening them with your source port executable.

There are plenty of material in the Doom wiki and at any source port's website explaining how you can set your files up, so you can research those if you find any trouble setting your files up.

Sadly i'm not familiar with Mac OS, but it'd be safe to guess that putting the .wad files within the same directory as the Source Ports executables should work. Otherwise, you'll need to edit GZDoom's configuration file specifying where it will look for the game files.

Thank you for replying, So I have the latest version of GZDoom, but it tell me it does not have any files with .wad etc., I just need help in getting the correct files and formatting them correctly. I would LIke to have multilplayer, and single player files. Can you help me find the correct files and help me format them.