Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Erick194

Sprites and textures extracted from id mobile games (now Wolfenstein RPG Brew resources)

Oh my God this is sooo amazing! Thank you so, so much for making this available to the public!

The Icon of Sin wall from DOOM 2 RPG looks so damn good. I fully expect to see it in a mod as soon as someone takes notice of it. The rest of the textures look also pretty good (the ones from the iOS version).

And yes I would also be very interested in knowing the process of figuring out the encoding of the game's files.

You have won my eternal gratitude. Gracias, Erick!

I always wanted to play the Doom RPG games but I never had the mobile device to do it. I will look into your projects!

GEC team always bring something interesting. Thanks!

Hope sources also will be available later.

This is great to see, now we can see resources from the Doom RPG games outside of them.

My brothers and I were the first ones to see everything inside these games and we were very excited viewing many unused sprites and textures from the games. You can see there's an unused texture in Doom2RPG that resembles one texture present in Doom 2016. When we first watch a gameplay trailer of Titan's realm, we realized that this unused texture from Doom2RPG was alive there. After many years having this in our grasp since @Erick194 decoded everything in sleepiness nights around 2012/2013, we finally got to the conclusion we had to release it for everyone.

Did you check Kira Morgan's unused sprites out? I still wonder what was their use... Wolfenstein RPG's Cyberdemon is Bigger that Doom2RPG's Cyberdemon, that really was a funny fact.

We also found cheat codes for every game as well.

Here the cheat codes found in the source code:

Doom RPG Cheat Codes

3666 Cheat menu
43629 Health & Armor!
4332 Weapons & Ammo!

Doom 2 RPG Cheat Codes

3666 Cheat menu
1666 Restart Level
4332 Weapons & Ammo!
3366 Show info & Player Rotates 360° degrees

Wolfenstein RPG Cheat Codes

3666 Cheat menu
1666 Restart Level
4332 Weapons & Ammo!
3366 Show info & Player Rotates 360° degrees

Orcs And Elves Cheat Codes

3666 Cheat menu
43629 Health!
4332 Weapons & Ammo!

Orcs And Elves2 Cheat Codes

3666 Cheat menu
1666 Restart Level
4332 Weapons & Ammo!

I wonder if this is possible to include these cheat codes in Doomwiki.org for the Id mobile games.

The Spider and Cyber gifs are the first time I've seen the Doom RPG graphics in motion; the animation is shall we say, a bit crude.

The only issue so far is that the extractor for the Orcs & Elves DS port is that the resulting pk3 file seems to be corrupted/messed up (I don't see anything when I open it). Other than that, excellent work!

Regarding how I did this, well I'm not good explaining things. maybe I'm gonna be making a GitHub account and I will upload my source codes of my tools for those curious who wish to know about this, but I'm still considering this.

I highly encourage this. It ensures that all your work in understanding this stuff is not lost and can be built upon by others - and there can be many good reasons why that can be useful.

This is absolutely awesome news, good work!

On 7/8/2018 at 3:37 AM, Erick194 said:

maybe I'm gonna be making a GitHub account and I will upload my source codes of my tools for those curious who wish to know about this, but I'm still considering this.

That would be really excellent if you did. I wanted to reverse engineer them in order to document them on the wiki (I've done a lot of work on Doom II RPG in particular). I still have an iPad mini which I've held back to iOS 9 in order to keep Doom II RPG installed. But your tools could help us build other tools to e.g. automatically draw map graphics, automatically generate basic map pages in the wiki, etc.

maybe one day we could build enough of a stub simulator to actually run the games on a PC. But that all depends on open and sharing of knowledge.

Also we could help port the tools to other OSes (I don't have Windows handy so can't actually run what you have released)

13 hours ago, Gerardo194 said:

I wonder if this is possible to include these cheat codes in Doomwiki.org for the Id mobile games. 

Definitely. Can you confirm are these only for the Java versions? How might one enter the cheats for iOS versions?

I'm going to fire up O&E on my n2DS to celebrate :>

8 hours ago, Man of Doom said:

The only issue so far is that the extractor for the Orcs & Elves DS port is that the resulting pk3 file seems to be corrupted/messed up (I don't see anything when I open it). Other than that, excellent work!

I do not see any problem, but anyway update the file, try downloading it again.

Regarding Orcs & Elves DS, the models are still missing, I'm still working on it.

Bro, can't believe you also have release the source codes of the tools. Good!

8 hours ago, Jon said:

Definitely. Can you confirm are these only for the Java versions? How might one enter the cheats for iOS versions?

These cheat codes are only for the Java versions. I also submitted them in GameFAQs a couple years ago. 

Regarding the iOS versions, we haven't found new cheat codes yet, haven't checked the source code at all. If we find something new. We'll let you know.

On 7/13/2018 at 10:26 PM, Jim Greezy said:

i always wanted to play the doom rpgs is there currently any way to play them?

As far as I know it's only via emulation. I can't remember which emulator to use but I should be pretty easy to google.

On 7/13/2018 at 4:26 AM, Jim Greezy said:

is there currently any way to play them?

Emulation only as @xvertigox stated but there will be a way to play them on GZDoom soon, very soon. We are working on that since some years ago, I've been saying this about 8 or 7 years ago. Now that we've released the id RPG games assets, the possibility is even closer.

Is there any way to purchase these games anymore?

I highly doubt it. IIRC the publisher was EA, and id stopped their mobile division years ago. Nobody seems to care about the mobile stuff anymore, especially not the java/BREW stuff. Outside of iOS/android there is no market for games for cellphones anymore.

I'm not certain, but I think if you've got an iOS device which has not been updated to iOS 11, you can still purchase the iOS versions. You can certainly still download them if you had bought them in the past. I keep an iPad mini on iOS 9 to keep access.

@Gerardo194 What's the plan with porting mobile games to GZDoom? Is it going to be like Doom 64 EX where it's basically a 1:1 recreation of the RPGs or will it take some liberties and change the gameplay up a bit?

5 hours ago, xvertigox said:

@Gerardo194 What's the plan with porting mobile games to GZDoom? Is it going to be like Doom 64 EX where it's basically a 1:1 recreation of the RPGs or will it take some liberties and change the gameplay up a bit?

Doom64EX wasn't a 1:1 recreation, it's effectively an emulator for the original content. Although much of the engine was indeed recreated. (compare to say, Doom 64: Absolution)

I'm interested to know the answer to your question, though. I'm sure it must be a recreation.

9 hours ago, xvertigox said:

Hmmm, we have all the source codes for each game, so the game's behavior may gonna be similar to their mobile counterparts. It requires lots of programming and @Erick194 is good at doing that. There was a plan that you needed the mobile games app in order to covert them into a pk3 with a converting tool and be playable on GZDoom, but we scrapped that idea. Nobody can purchase those games anymore unless you got them from elsewhere or having them in a phone. But now, there might be two versions of the games for GZDoom, one that looks like the original mobile game and the other can be a polished version using new features and details, we're thinking about that. There gonna be released as simple pk3 I guess.

4 hours ago, Jon said:

Doom64EX wasn't a 1:1 recreation, it's effectively an emulator for the original content. Although much of the engine was indeed recreated. (compare to say, Doom 64: Absolution)

I'm interested to know the answer to your question, though. I'm sure it must be a recreation.

Well, Doom64 EX needs something that can make it a perfect emulator... Monsters mustn't teleport when they attack, receive damage and die. In the original Doom64 the just teleport when walk just like in PlayStation Doom.

Is the source code for modified GZDoom be available?

About Doom64EX: I don't think it would be right to call it an emulator. It is better to call it a port of Doom64 to the PC instead.