Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Lord of all beasts

DOOM wads that use custom made monsters

Since 2016 I've been fascinated by DOOM wads and mods using custom built monsters in their maps (also includes monsters from heretic ,hexen, strife and realm 667) , this makes me wonder what mods have these kind of monsters, 

Welcome to Doomworld. I really like the lovecraftian theme of the monsters in the wad Strange Aeons. Also be sure to check out the gameplay mod Aeons of Death. It uses monsters and weapons from many FPS's and mixes them randomly in Doom. There is also Freedoom that has variants inspired of the vanilla monsters. That's a start, good luck!

-Demon Eclipse: one of the best wads from 2006, good level design, lots of custom monsters specially in episode 2 where custom weapons and monsters become more prevalent and the wad takes a heretic/hexen feel with the weapons and monsters, unfortunately the project was abandoned in lieu of Hell Forged, a different proyect by the same author Eriance/Amuscaria wich takes more inspirtation from the second episode of Demon Eclipse, it looks very promising but it's a pity the last episode never came to be.

- Complex Doom: it's a gameplay mod, it greatly expands the monster cast with multiple custom variants of doom monsters, custom weapons and an inventory system among other things.

-Proyect Brutality: it's like Brutal Doom but expanded with custom monsters, custom behavior of some monsters like hell knights charging and then pouncing at you, and some custom weapons.

3 hours ago, wintertowns said:

Welcome to Doomworld. I really like the lovecraftian theme of the monsters in the wad Strange Aeons. Also be sure to check out the gameplay mod Aeons of Death. It uses monsters and weapons from many FPS's and mixes them randomly in Doom. There is also Freedoom that has variants inspired of the vanilla monsters. That's a start, good luck!

Yes all three are very awesome if I do say so myself

2 hours ago, Solmyr said:

-Demon Eclipse: one of the best wads from 2006, good level design, lots of custom monsters specially in episode 2 where custom weapons and monsters become more prevalent and the wad takes a heretic/hexen feel with the weapons and monsters, unfortunately the project was abandoned in lieu of Hell Forged, a different proyect by the same author Eriance/Amuscaria wich takes more inspirtation from the second episode of Demon Eclipse, it looks very promising but it's a pity the last episode never came to be.

- Complex Doom: it's a gameplay mod, it greatly expands the monster cast with multiple custom variants of doom monsters, custom weapons and an inventory system among other things.

-Proyect Brutality: it's like Brutal Doom but expanded with custom monsters, custom behavior of some monsters like hell knights charging and then pouncing at you, and some custom weapons.

Yes it's a pity demon eclipse never got finished ,it would have been an amazing DOOM mod

The last two mods I made, Shadows of The Nightmare Realm and Umbra of Fate, both used custom monsters quite a bit.  I took some of the ones from Realm667, then tweaked them to my liking.

http://alexa.partition36.com/doom/

My next one, Freaky Panties, only has one or two new ones. The rest are tweaked stock monsters.

The already famous Knee-Deep in ZDoom uses a ton of custom monsters as well as other maps made by Tormentor and others, like ZPack.

i made a level with one as boss on the second map :) https://www.doomworld.com/forum/topic/100986

this wad (not mine) has custom enemies and a custom boss at the end of each map https://www.doomworld.com/idgames/levels/doom2/Ports/a-c/bossed

this wad also has custom monsters (but not as frequent) and a boss at the end https://www.doomworld.com/idgames/levels/doom2/Ports/s-u/titan2

this wad has very advanced script bosses but no custom enemies (except behaviour modification of monster in the late maps) https://www.doomworld.com/files/file/12364-claustrophobia-the-walls-close-in/

Scythe 2, Deus Vult II, Lunatic, Valiant, Resurgence, Trooper's Playground, Survive In Hell, and Void all come to mind.

Before The Nightmare !!!!!!

okno

(Please dont play that for your mental health v:)

Okay getting serious, this wads can be good for you :P

The City Of Damned 2: Great wad of terror (only 1 level sadly) With bosses and a new repository of enemies

Stronghold: Really good invasion wad :P with a great quantity of monsters

Lunatic: a moon wad of 5 levels, with 2 new monsters made by dehacked

Scythe 2: Great Megawad, but only 2 new monsters and one appear very late in level 26

Delta And Alpha Invasion: Are invasion wads for skulltag, but check him , have some bosses and some new monsters

A bunch of the stuff I've made/headed uses custom monsters! Check out Shovelware Adventure and Doomed in Space, hopefully they'll be up your alley.

The Twilight Zone 2 (grab the old version to have the Iron Lich and the custom sounds), Scythe X, NewDoom Community Project 2, Whitemare (map32).

Other wads that include reskinned Doom monsters : Epic, Pirate Doom, Doom: The Lost Episode (Archvile).

My Cyberbaron Land wad uses a few monsters from Realm667.  I modded BDJ20 to make it, so if that's a turn-off, nevermind.  It's a concept wad that might not have a ton of replay value. But the custom monsters were chosen carefully.

I also modified an Alien to have a displacer beast-style projection ability.  It doesn't work as well as I'd like, but could probably be improved on.