Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
HellVain

I'm loving Combine_Kegan's GMOTA mod, Any map packs that aesthetically go with it?

Been a long time GMOTA fan, I freaking love the new 1.0 update. The only bad thing I can say is the even though the Doom Slayer's just an extra character, he feels too basic. His ability timers take too long and his speed doesnt really add much... Buuut I've been having some really fun time with this. So I'm asking if ya'll know any good map packs that fits GMOTA's theme, that being medival stuff. Also, fantasy places like forests and anything other than a huge labyrinthian castles would be preferable! Well aside from Scythe 2 or Epic 2 of course. So what about you guys? What do you think of GMOTA?

Oh! right... uhh, if possilbe, not a map pack with random levels all mashed together randomly, I prefer something with visual progression like on Hell on Earth Starter Pack. I know I'm asking a lot here but please bear with me.

A little off topic but... anyone heard of a little manga called "Goblin Slayer"? 

Very fitting recolor don't ya think?

gs3.2.png

16 hours ago, Sparktimus said:

Scythe 2 and Unholy Realms are good places to start.

Already played Scythe 2 a hundred times, but I'll try Unholy Realms. Thanks!

Just now, HellVain said:

Already played Scythe 2 a hundred times, but I'll try Unholy Realms. Thanks!

Somehow completely glanced over you mentioning it. Silly me :V

16 hours ago, Sparktimus said:

Somehow completely glanced over you mentioning it. Silly me :V

It's alright fam, I mightve wrote too much haha

I know you said, "other than huge labyrinthine castles" but Forsaken Overlook is still worth a look if you haven't played it. I haven't tried GMOTA myself yet, but Matt Tropiano's castle map is a very satisfying. Most of it is actually outdoors, with comparatively little gameplay taking inside the castle itself.

Just now, Rook said:

I know you said, "other than huge labyrinthine castles" but Forsaken Overlook is still worth a look if you haven't played it. I haven't tried GMOTA myself yet, but Matt Tropiano's castle map is a very satisfying. Most of it is actually outdoors, with comparatively little gameplay taking inside the castle itself.

you sold me at "outdoors". Definitely playing it! thanks mate!

I made this episode that I think it will fit well for what you're searching. That said I also made a custom dehacked boss and I don't how well the set plays with gameplay mods. Here is it if you want to try it:

Just now, gaspe said:

I made this episode that I think it will fit well for what you're searching. That said I also made a custom dehacked boss and I don't how well the set plays with gameplay mods. Here is it if you want to try it:

How many levels does this have?

Just now, gaspe said:

It has 10 (+1 for the ending) maps.

Oh wow, this is pretty freakin' awesome...and challenging.... good job!

I like to use this wad when playing maps with GMOTA, it replaces all vanilla Doom textures with fantasy-themed textures from Hexen 2. So any wad that uses mainly stock textures will fit visually.

Just now, whirledtsar said:

I like to use this wad when playing maps with GMOTA, it replaces all vanilla Doom textures with fantasy-themed textures from Hexen 2. So any wad that uses mainly stock textures will fit visually.

This....this little mod changes everything lol. Thanks alot man!

wait, do you have this file? it isn't available anymore.

29 minutes ago, HellVain said:

wait, do you have this file? it isn't available anymore.

I see the original upload is gone. There's a link on that page to the wad with a little fix I made, get that one.

I see the original upload is gone. There's a link on that page to the wad with a little fix I made, get that one.

ok, thanks!

I think the Brotherhood of Ruin wads go great with GMOTA.

I was also coming in to recommend Legacy of Heroes, which is one of my favourite wads, but the creator beat me to it. XD

Also, yes, it works fine with mods. I've played it with Heretical and Argent myself.