Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Remilia Scarlet

The Quake Awards

Good for them!  Quake custom mapping pretty much passed me by, but this would be a great way to begin checking out some of the more recent releases.

I did laugh at their opening post though:

The Doom and Doom 2 communities have had annual awards for people who’ve made contributions to their games for some time now

"Some time" seems like a slight understatement!

Couldn't they be a bit more original than naming the awards after the game? Because obviously Cacowards aren't called Doom Awards. :P

10 minutes ago, Avoozl said:

Couldn't they be a bit more original than naming the awards after the game? Because obviously Cacowards aren't called Doom Awards. :P

Ogrewards?  Shamblawards?

24 minutes ago, Megalyth said:

Golden Shubbies 

Can it be Shubblies? that's how my brain parsed it on the first read and it's objectively funnier

7 minutes ago, Breezeep said:

Someone better take bets on how many awards sock will win this year.

That was my exact thought the moment I saw these.

Golden Quad Damage Award

Although I like the design of Quake 1 more than 2 and subsequent, but maybe the "Stroggies"? And have a golden variant of a Strogg enemy? Nice they are doing it though as Quake seems to get less attention and I enjoyed Quake just as much as Doom.

A related question, are there any active Quake forums? I took a look into Quakeone.com and it didn't look to be in a good state. I would like to get into contributing to Quake 1 modding, just need to get connected to the right people.

3 minutes ago, Immorpher said:

A related question, are there any active Quake forums? I took a look into Quakeone.com and it didn't look to be in a good state. I would like to get into contributing to Quake 1 modding, just need to get connected to the right people.

func_msgboard is active, though hard to use (imo).  I think the Quaddicted forums are active as well, iirc.  Also, Twitter is a surprisingly good place for Quake mappers.

12 hours ago, Linguica said:

Cacowards

Cacoawards

Cakoawards

Cakeawards

Qakeawards

Quakeawards

*insert animated graphic of a cacodemon mutating into the Quake logo*

On 7/9/2018 at 10:59 PM, YukiRaven said:

I dunno, that might be confused with something far more... worrying...

H-Quake? 

2 minutes ago, YukiRaven said:

I'd play this.

I don't think it exists.  Personally speaking, I'd like to see H-Descent to see how it's pulled off.