Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ryot

i have a REALLY BIG doom level.

i have this giant level that i have been creating for the past month, and i plan to keep creating more giant levels to make some super wad. but im running dry. i am almost done with map 1 but i dont have any ideas. and suggestions? im going for a half life vibe. please respond if anyone needs anymore info about the maps

trhe map.PNG

It's hard for us to suggest more things if we don't know what your map is like: can you provide screenshots instead of a map view?

I would slightly caution simply making the map bigger for bigger's sake.  If a map gets too big it becomes tedious, no matter how varied you make it.  It's just human nature: a 25 minute song seems a ridiculous thing to listen to, but five 5 minute songs feels much more manageable.  If you're not feeling inspired any more, then end the map.  Content for the sake of it is no good thing. 

3 hours ago, Bauul said:

It's hard for us to suggest more things if we don't know what your map is like: can you provide screenshots instead of a map view?

I would slightly caution simply making the map bigger for bigger's sake.  If a map gets too big it becomes tedious, no matter how varied you make it.  It's just human nature: a 25 minute song seems a ridiculous thing to listen to, but five 5 minute songs feels much more manageable.  If you're not feeling inspired any more, then end the map.  Content for the sake of it is no good thing. 

ok thank you for your response and time. ps- i have been making levels for about a year so i am really just experimenting with what type i would like to create. another note, i kinda like 20 minute songs lol

Edited by ryot

2 hours ago, Apaul27 said:

Can we get a gameplay video of that level of your's?

i cannot record my screen without going of 25 mbs. but i could email you a video and the wad file, though the video is in poor condition.

3 hours ago, ryot said:

i cannot record my screen without going of 25 mbs. but i could email you a video and the wad file, though the video is in poor condition.

You can PM me instead.