Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
killerkouhai

REFRACTED REALITY

What resource(s) are you using, please?  I recognize a lot of recolors here (not that anything is inherently wrong with recolors), but also a few really striking new textures that I can't remember seeing before.

1 minute ago, jerrysheppy said:

What resource(s) are you using, please?  I recognize a lot of recolors here (not that anything is inherently wrong with recolors), but also a few really striking new textures that I can't remember seeing before.

Most of the recolors you see come from Zoon, but there are also textures from Noirpack, Equinox and CC4. Some are custom made. We're also using the D64 torches off Realm667.

3 hours ago, killerkouhai said:

Screenshot_Doom_20180908_133642.png

Screenshot_Doom_20180908_133646.png

Screenshot_Doom_20180908_133807.png

Oh I'm sure you could squeeze a bit more teal into those shots!

For real though, looks absolutely excellent!

Also for anyone thinking, "I've seen these screenshots before but they were in purple."  You are correct.

I've switched the purple to cyan to free up the purple skybox for @Bridgeburner56 who has joined the team and expressed interest in doing a purple themed map.

I personally can't wait to see what kind of masterpiece he'll come up with, but I'm sure it will blow away all the other maps ;)

Welcome to the project Bridgeburner56!

28 minutes ago, Akenore said:

How soon do you think the wad will be finished? I can't wait to play this with Project Brutality

You'll have to wait patiently. We are making the maps and do the testing with several mods in case that doesn't break anything...so please, until then, be patient.

1 minute ago, leodoom85 said:

You'll have to wait patiently. We are making the maps and do the testing with several mods in case that doesn't break anything...so please, until then, be patient.

Of course. I didn't mean to sound impatient, just curious. Fantastic work so far. 

All we're going by so far is that we want to release it in 2019. so it isn't blown out of the field by all the amazing releases this year

Once we have more work done we'll decide on a tentative deadline, and if all goes well, it will be released within 2 months after that.

Until then, I'll keep posting pretty screenshots/updates to hopefully keep people interested ;)

3 hours ago, killerkouhai said:

All we're going by so far is that we want to release it in 2019. so it isn't blown out of the field by all the amazing releases this year

Once we have more work done we'll decide on a tentative deadline, and if all goes well, it will be released within 2 months after that.

Until then, I'll keep posting pretty screenshots/updates to hopefully keep people interested ;)

I'll be interested as long as this project still exists. The visuals look amazing, there aren't too many wads like this around

@killerkouhai Thanks for asking me to join. Your unique aesthetic is definitely quite unlike anything I've seen before and resonates with my abstract design philosophy. I've already got a base idea for my map and I appreciate you giving up the coveted purple spot. Hopefully I can do it justice!

4 hours ago, Akenore said:

Will this be a standard wad, or is it more along the lines of Doomslayer Chronicles?

What does this even mean?

5 hours ago, Akenore said:

Will this be a standard wad, or is it more along the lines of Doomslayer Chronicles?

Classic gameplay of course...dooming at the best!!!

On 9/14/2018 at 12:06 AM, Akenore said:

While there will be some wave-based gameplay in certain areas just to change it up and keep it interesting, it's definitely your classic doom gameplay. You'll have your switch hunts, classic "find the key", hordes and interesting encounters. Exploration will be your friend.

@killerkouhai as I said I love that colors and design. Just for fun I've just made special torch, called: Firebluetorch. If you like you can use it.

Screenshot:Screenshot_Doom_20180916_120305.jpg.f68944a661d7d632cc52be60d1c74080.jpgScreenshot_Doom_20180916_120258.jpg.37e3807757e3c9ef3934cbb6359def1d.jpgScreenshot_Doom_20180916_120254.jpg.1fa0f5adabf73b32403e85446a5a75ba.jpg

Wad file (WARNING: change zip to wad extension):

Fireblu_torch.zip

EDIT: the torch has gldefs light.

Cool void stuff :)

Btw, this project reminds me of the "Submachine" point and click game series. It's also has mysterious locations suspended in a black void, your cyan screenie brings these shots to mind:

latest?cb=20161104020637

@Catpho

Did you not notice that the screenshot you linked is super low resolution and displays super blurry? :p

Here is the actual image: 

latest?cb=20161104020637

EDIT: wtf why is it so tiny O_o When I used the link it was fullsize... I guess that's what happened to your post too. gg, Wikia. 

Welp, gotta rehost: 

0sAWQho.png

And yeah, I really liked the atmosphere in that game

9 minutes ago, Akenore said:

Will this run on zandronum? I really want to play complex-clusterfuxx with this

No. Some maps have GZDoom exclusive features like portals.