Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
killerkouhai

REFRACTED REALITY

NEW TO MAPPING? MY BOI IM NEW AND NONE OF MINE LOOKS AS IMPRESSIVE

Seriously Though this looks cool as shit. Purple isnt used enough in Doom maps. Its such an a e s t h e t i c

Just throwing out my seal of approval (is that a thing? :s).

Tested this on-stream a week or two back and it was pretty solid. Very, very impressive for a new mapper, that's for sure.

Loving the effective use of Fireblu! I'll definitely give this a try, the atmosphere looks great from the screens!

The colors in this shot are just lovely:

K9GzT7f.png

Edited by Bauul : My "seal of approval" joke was the main image shown on any preview of this thread, which while funny, didn't really do justice to the screenshots here, so I've swapped it out to try to change the preview image.

15 hours ago, Bauul said:

1528369430-82701-zoom-500x600.jpg

Should this become a thing? Or is it already?

@killerkouhai

Nice work! I like the look of the levels and the concept of them being lost in the void. Keep it up!

By the way, where did you get the background?

8 hours ago, Pegleg said:Nice work! I like the look of the levels and the concept of them being lost in the void. Keep it up!

By the way, where did you get the background?

I found the loose PNG's (the purple in the first post) on the ZDoom Forums custom textures thread, posted by abbuw (will be credited accordingly)

I had to align them and do the GLdefs myself, but it wasn't too hard, then I did a bunch of recolors :)

Those are some sweet-looking screenshots. I'll make a note of giving this a spin later.

On another note, I'd be happy to contribute a map to this. Got a kindling of an idea that I sort of want to put into good use. c:

8 hours ago, MFG38 said:

On another note, I'd be happy to contribute a map to this. Got a kindling of an idea that I sort of want to put into good use. c:

That's awesome dude! I'd love that! Add me on discord and we can talk more about it: killerkouhai#5383

11 minutes ago, killerkouhai said:

That's awesome dude! I'd love that! Add me on discord and we can talk more about it: killerkouhai#5383

Sure thing!

I have to say, these screenshots look great! I've been on hiatus for a bit while doing a 6 month college course, but I'm glad to see new mappers are coming in with great ideas! I love the aesthetic you've gone for, and I can't wait to see a playable version.

How many maps are you aiming to complete for this project? 

2 hours ago, Relinquished said:

I have to say, these screenshots look great! I've been on hiatus for a bit while doing a 6 month college course, but I'm glad to see new mappers are coming in with great ideas! I love the aesthetic you've gone for, and I can't wait to see a playable version.

How many maps are you aiming to complete for this project? 

She said aprox. 10 maps

Back again with another update!

Got some other mappers working with me on this now :D
- Leodoom85

- MFG38

- General Roasterock

We also now have a discord ! Feel free to join, share your thoughts/ideas and keep up with our progress as it happens.

Purple theme by me, Yellow theme by Leodoom85.

More shots from the others coming soon :)

Screenshot_Doom_20180716_231648.png

Screenshot_Doom_20180716_231904.png

Screenshot_Doom_20180719_172452.png

Screenshot_Doom_20180719_172510.png

Screenshot_Doom_20180716_135624.png

Screenshot_Doom_20180716_152929.png

Screenshot_Doom_20180717_230030.png

Screenshot_Doom_20180717_230040.png

Edited by killerkouhai

Big thanks to my buddy Ultraviolence for doing a playthrough video of the demo we released on the projects discord. By no means will the maps be exactly the same as shown in the video in the full release.

Meanwhile, more progress is being made, though I am sad to announce we've lost a mapper to school. Remember folks, life comes first. Stay in school.

Here are some more screenies to hold your interest (hopefully)

Screenshot_Doom_20180826_225651.png

Screenshot_Doom_20180827_000909.png

Screenshot_Doom_20180827_000941.png

On 7/11/2018 at 12:48 AM, killerkouhai said:

Hey guys! I'm relatively new to Doom mapping, I only started in May 2017. I'm working on a small project right now, with the theme being gothic/hellish outposts floating in space/ some sort of void realm. Right now I'm using INFINITE VOID as a placeholder since I hope to come up with a name that's more creative and unique to the theme.

I'm aiming for ~10 maps, perhaps more if anyone is interested in collaborating, which I am fully open to. This will be for GZDoom and will require the latest version since I plan on taking full advantage of the various effects that it supports.

One map is finished playable, although I'm in the still in the process of touching it up, changing some things around and bug fixing.
-requires the latest build of GZDoom
-requires jumping (freelook encouraged)
-Hardware rendering (OpenGL) required

-Enabling dynamic lights heavily suggested

-Uses DOOM2.wad

Download: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ooUCZEnNzX9ABWrZk77mMMHzshGicdjC

Cool stuff,  following thus now.

1 hour ago, Bridgeburner56 said:

Nice work! Consider me bubbling with anticipation

Just wait for more maps. The demo that me and the other dude showed up are just a bit of expectations that we want to keep it that way.