Find results in...
killerkouhai

REFRACTED REALITY

On 11/16/2018 at 10:28 AM, Bridgeburner56 said:

It will spin and stuff

that's like doom with some colorful pills

16 hours ago, Bridgeburner56 said:

Screenshot-Doom-20181119-190830.png

Even the demons appreciate the need for a good disco. They had to make do with a gothic marble one, though.

19 minutes ago, killerkouhai said:

I prescribe thee with a sneak peek at the final boss arena:

szbMB0y.gif

Symptoms may include: Breathlessness, Awe and/or Urge to Vomit Rainbows

For the record that floor took me 25 separate scripts. #labouroflove

Do you already have an idea that you will be the final boss? If you want, I can help with that :v finally I love creating bosses xD

21 hours ago, Bridgeburner56 said:

For the record that floor took me 25 separate scripts. #labouroflove

Looks good!

May I ask why that took 25 scripts? I feel like you could do that with a lot less than 25. I have a similar (Zandro) compatible effect in a map of mine. What all is going on? Feel free to PM me.

6 hours ago, Chris Moyer said:

Looks good!

May I ask why that took 25 scripts? I feel like you could do that with a lot less than 25. I have a similar (Zandro) compatible effect in a map of mine. What all is going on? Feel free to PM me.

It probably sounds more convoluted than it is. There are 24 textures and 24 sectors. Each sector starts at a different texture in the sequence and then cycles through them sequentially. I made a separate script loop for each of the textures that rolls each individual texture over every sector with a 3 tic delay before moving to the next sector. I then made an activator script that triggers each of the 24 subscripts with a 3 tic delay between each one. I'll DM you the script when I get home from work if you want. There is probably a more elegant way to do this but I have rudimentary coding knowledge and this worked fine. 

Edited by Bridgeburner56

4 hours ago, Bridgeburner56 said:

It probably sounds more convoluted than it is. There are 24 textures and 24 sectors. Each sector starts at a different texture in the sequence and then cycles through them sequentially. I made a separate script loop for each of the textures that rolls each individual texture over every sector with a 3 tic delay before moving to the next sector. I then made an activator script that triggers each of the 24 subscripts with a 3 tic delay between each one. I'll DM you the script when I get home from work if you want. There is probably a more elegant way to do this but I have rudimentary coding knowledge and this worked fine. 

Oh I see. That's actually not a bad idea. Mine is completely different approach as it a more generic script that gradually changes values of Red/Green/Blue over the same textures. I didn't know you were using different textures for each one.

And sure, I would like to see that, when you have the time of course.

On 11/20/2018 at 10:19 AM, killerkouhai said:

I prescribe thee with a sneak peek at the final boss arena:

szbMB0y.gif

Symptoms may include: Breathlessness, Awe and/or Urge to Vomit Rainbows

i feel like a unicorn.

1 hour ago, Bridgeburner56 said:

Wait till you see the improved version... 

I feel like you're just showing off at this point :P (not that that's a bad thing).

23 hours ago, KVELLER said:

I feel like you're just showing off at this point :P (not that that's a bad thing).

Oh we are, make no mistake xD

2 hours ago, Saad356 said:

Is this for NaNoWADMo?

Nope, I started this in June. It was originally going to be a standalone map, but people asked for more, now it has a life of its own:P

So I've been working on my next map for this project for the last week or so. This is the as yet untitled red map (major WIP)

Screenshot-Doom-20181209-212407.png
Screenshot-Doom-20181209-212415.png
Screenshot-Doom-20181209-212425.png
Screenshot-Doom-20181209-212437.png
Screenshot-Doom-20181209-212443.png

How do you even envision this? Do you just fumble around with shapes, until you have something sinister looking or is it already planned out in your head when you start? I am wondering, because when I want to map "grand architecture" I always end up with a huge box with random "details" slapped on. xD

Great stuff man, can't wait to play this. Even though I'll probably die a thousand times, because I am admiring the scenery instead of focusing on those damn Revenant rockets.