Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
CasualScrub

Your favorite weapon mods.

Basically what the title says, what are your favorite weapon mods?

Sidenote: Only putting this here since this horse loves to get beaten, this is not the place to complain about that one mod everyone here loves to complain about. Go take that somewhere else because I'm frankly sick of hearing it.

I actually really enjoyed "Highway to Hell" recently. The weapons look great throughout and especially have a very satisfying feeling to them. Since I am a very bad player and need all the help I can get, I really love to use this mod's plasma gun, because it's incredibly powerful and has this satisfying alternative "shotgun" fire. Other than that I must admit, that I don't like the sprites for the items and ammo pick ups this mod changes. They look kinda cheezy and dull.

I started playing with Guncaster recently, and I'm loving it a lot.

Also Final Doomer is good.

incredible, but i dont like op weapons, the only mod of guns i use is the brutal doom for the assault rifle and the effects, (i combine brutal doom and other monsters mod, i dont enjoy the part of blood so much...)

Don't think this counts really as a weapon mod, but I used to have the PSX port of Doom and I used to use a Game Shark code that made all the weapons fire way faster than they normally do.  It was hilarious how fast the BFG would fire!

My favorite would have to be the one I made myself to use in GZDoom all the time to make the base weapons have smooth animations.

It was based on the original pk_anim wad sprites, and I wrote the DECORATE code myself about six years ago.

The sounds I added for the weapons in the mod became the ones I associate with Doom's weaponry more than the standard sounds, I used it so much.

Although this might not be a weapons mod, but my favorite is Shadow & Rise of the Wool Ball weapons. The weapons that we're drawn in MSPaint is very awesome, and including the one-hit sneakers, golden shotgun, cucumber/pickel launcher, and the bird gun made the funny additions to the loadout.

My other favorites are: Brutal Doom (& Project Brutality), Samsara, Lambda, HeXeReTiC Fantasy, Kriegsland, and Death Foretold.

Beautiful Doom (Enhanced weapons) and MetaDoom. I also find myself enjoying Kriegsland and Doom Incarnate currently, the latter with the OP side of things.

Rarely use weapon mods, but I like those skulltag grenade launcher. I shooting it to inaccessible windows to checkout who is on the other side.

Also Portal gun is cool implementation.

Argent, Trailblazer, Baron: Heart of Demons, La Tailor Girl, Guncaster.

Pretty much in that order for the top 5.

I generally like it if it also includes new monsters to kill with the weapons, so Scaliano's 667 Shuffle, albeit with balance modifications and new stuff I added to it over the years.