Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
0xf00ba12

Slaughterfest (201)3 [-complevel 9]

Map 16 UV-Max(?) in 7:28

Maybe I'm wrong, but there doesn't seem like an Intended™ way to kill the two Cybers in the start. Yet, there's still a way to kill them anyway as I note in my text file, so feel free to put this demo in the Other category.

20 hours ago, 0xf00ba12 said:

Map 16 UV-Max(?) in 7:28

Maybe I'm wrong, but there doesn't seem like an Intended™ way to kill the two Cybers in the start. Yet, there's still a way to kill them anyway as I note in my text file, so feel free to put this demo in the Other category.

how weird - i got a desync near the end of the demo - could you put your wad version here?

I recorded Map 16 on the version that was modified on August 5th, which does match the latest download from /idgames.

Map16 uv max 7:19

sf316-719.zip

I'll explain why it's a sort of a spinoff

Spoiler

Originally I was planning on just playing SF3 maps:
1) sequentially without overjumps
2) not to move to the next map until there is no uvmax on the previous one.
On the first point, I believed at least in some sort of production at some point. Good maps mix-up and so on. This maybe after SlaughterMax but I guess this thoughts have always been around. I need to say I forced myself to think that here we'll see a well-drafted playlist. Apart from that if we take into consideration just the scale, dev time, tradition, participated mappers etc besides the fact that I want to get away from DW simmering single map wads and slowly pass the big project, keep busy with it and don't record nothing.
On the second point. That's odd, sort of thoughtless expectations, especially if demos coming out not in the order of the maps numbering. The remaining questions about this point probably overlaps by the quality of the wad and respectively players interest in it.

Ok, I started with map1 and map2 but apparently I didn't have the patience to wait for map2 uvmax to go futher in any sense. Then I'm recording a uvmax for map1. I said to myself positively after the demo I've recorded that it would probably be better still to wait until the map2 demo will appear just before I'll try to play next map from sf3. Leisurely, according to a simple plan I could wait. After some time I'm launching sf3 and picking up random number from my head, then playing map16. It turns out the map has a uvmax already. I make my own run and from that moment I starting to realize what is happening. Therefore, I stop right now. I can't agree I'm trying to follow a dubious practice though. It can be like it against the background.

Yeah I broke it when I was editing that one sector so one vile doesn't teleport in. Whatever.

[accidental cheat demos. fuck me]

Edited by Aquasa : professional speedrunner

On 8/8/2018 at 11:48 AM, rehelekretep said:

hey hey label your demos properly!

ok

Sorry for not reading the rules. Hopefully they are ok, although I don't remember specific version of the PrBoom - can I see it from somewhere?

(UV-Speed)

Edit: oops it is in the program name bar, 2.5.1.4

Correcting text files.

sf309-125.zip

sf327-237.zip

Edited by floatRand

Well now, look who decided to do a maxdemo on a complete and utter random whim after god knows how long.  This one's a UV-Max for map 23 of Slaughterfest 3 with a time of 11:25.  Kinda had to do one cause Mega Man Zero series music is always something to rock out to while running a map for the better part of an afternoon.

On the downside, there's several spots that could be touched up.  I legit did not know about the two invuls at the final battle until this attempt, the only one that got to said final battle in all my attempts.  That means the invul I saved from the eastern area could be better used.

On the upside?  Close calls!  Wouldn't be an AZ run without them, would it?  Pretty sure there were two points during the final battle that I should have straight up died at.  I suppose when your avatar is a badass blue bombing maverick hunter, shenanigans can and WILL happen, heh.

That being said, could see someone taking this a good minute or more downwards.  Still good after not doing any non-ironman runs for so long though!

sf3231125.zip

On 4/21/2021 at 7:30 PM, mhrz said:

Map26 UV-Max in 10:31

That's a really good demo but I'm afraid you missed the secret shootable switch near the yellow key which reveals a baron and lets cybers from afar teleport closer (unless it's broken somehow and doesn't work anymore in cl9).

Noticed this demo I recorded August 20th... Was a very sloppy 1st exit and I was going to improve it but never got around to doing so... might as well submit it for +1 demo. Also there are no other max runs for the map.

Map 02 UV-Max in 5:08.

sf302-508.zip

These are my first-exit maxes from 2013 on map28 and 29. They were recorded on the original versions of the maps from esp.wad and desync on sf3.wad, I'm not sure what was changed in the sf3 versions.