Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Archanhell

Do You have a original World?

I have made 3 stories so to speak, which 3 are combined in a single universe in addition to several game universes (such as doom or chex quest)

I made up this world for an RPG about fishing and I like it but it is missing a lot of stuff.  It exists on Earth but way in the future so the continents have merged into one big one except for a few small islands on the other side of the planet.  On one of those islands there is the last wizard known to exist.  The other two small islands and the main island are unknown because all of the explorers who went have not returned.

Spoiler

They were brutally shredded by demons.  One of these demons is peaceful-ish and sells various demonic products (one of which is a teleport between Hell and Earth).  The other demons are there only to kill.

Saturn and Uranus crashed together because of a large meteor pushing Uranus into Saturn.  That new planet was not colonized because it could be unsafe and officials wanted to protect the only known combo-planet.  All the other planets and dwarf planets in our solar system were colonized by Earth-born.  Most of the other planets in our galaxy were colonized by alien races.

On Earth there are many new races:

Elf - a genetic mutation was commonly found in an ancient (but still in the future for us) generation.

Nekos - All the weebs convinced some bioengineers to make some nekos in secret and those nekos populated quickly for fear of extinction.

Humans - nothing changed

Robots - some nerds figured out how to build robots with feelings that die and reproduce.  They die from a form of inevitable suicide that was programmed into their original ancestors.

Demons - demons invaded the unoccupied places on Earth but they were mostly killed off.  Nobody knows where you might find one now.

Dragons - They were hiding from us all along.  Some are civilized, some just do whatever they want.

Dragon-born - Some of the smaller dragons mated with humans and it made this.  They are bigger than humans with a dragon tail and wings and their heads are like that of a dragon.  Some have breath weapons but most don't.

Elementals - creatures created by wizards that look mostly like a human except for their arms and effortlessly control their element.  Depending on their element, their arms will be a different color and design but in general it would look like rock scales with decorative stripes of their color and they have claws.  Makes for painful masturbation

• Ice Elementals - color is a very light blue ice color
  • Fire Elementals - color is a fiery red orange
  • Lightning Elementals - color is an electric yellow
  • Life Elementals - color is solid green

The main languages that are spoken are New Japanese and Draconic.  New Japanese is Japanese after many years of evolution.

Earth's religion is a form of Christianity that says that God created the Big Bang.  Alien religions are similar but most suggest that the supreme good and supreme bad have equal power and are constantly fighting for true power.  Some of The Milky Way's best philosophers have come to the conclusion that whatever religion you believe in is true for you, but not for those who believe in any other religion.

WWIII happened because an argument about anime got out of hand.  This resulted in many new laws to prevent something stupid like this from ever happening again.

That's basically all I have so far.  I can't take full credit for this because about 10% of this is based off of actual research about the future but whatever.

Q: What does any of that have to do with fishing????

A: If you were a true fisherman, you would understand.

On 9/21/2018 at 6:53 PM, Doge Sword said:

I made up this world for an RPG about fishing and I like it but it is missing a lot of stuff.  It exists on Earth but way in the future so the continents have merged into one big one except for a few small islands on the other side of the planet.  On one of those islands there is the last wizard known to exist.  The other two small islands and the main island are unknown because all of the explorers who went have not returned.

Reveal hidden contents

They were brutally shredded by demons.  One of these demons is peaceful-ish and sells various demonic products (one of which is a teleport between Hell and Earth).  The other demons are there only to kill.

Saturn and Uranus crashed together because of a large meteor pushing Uranus into Saturn.  That new planet was not colonized because it could be unsafe and officials wanted to protect the only known combo-planet.  All the other planets and dwarf planets in our solar system were colonized by Earth-born.  Most of the other planets in our galaxy were colonized by alien races.

On Earth there are many new races:

Elf - a genetic mutation was commonly found in an ancient (but still in the future for us) generation.

Nekos - All the weebs convinced some bioengineers to make some nekos in secret and those nekos populated quickly for fear of extinction.

Humans - nothing changed

Robots - some nerds figured out how to build robots with feelings that die and reproduce.  They die from a form of inevitable suicide that was programmed into their original ancestors.

Demons - demons invaded the unoccupied places on Earth but they were mostly killed off.  Nobody knows where you might find one now.

Dragons - They were hiding from us all along.  Some are civilized, some just do whatever they want.

Dragon-born - Some of the smaller dragons mated with humans and it made this.  They are bigger than humans with a dragon tail and wings and their heads are like that of a dragon.  Some have breath weapons but most don't.

Elementals - creatures created by wizards that look mostly like a human except for their arms and effortlessly control their element.  Depending on their element, their arms will be a different color and design but in general it would look like rock scales with decorative stripes of their color and they have claws.  Makes for painful masturbation

• Ice Elementals - color is a very light blue ice color
  • Fire Elementals - color is a fiery red orange
  • Lightning Elementals - color is an electric yellow
  • Life Elementals - color is solid green

The main languages that are spoken are New Japanese and Draconic.  New Japanese is Japanese after many years of evolution.

Earth's religion is a form of Christianity that says that God created the Big Bang.  Alien religions are similar but most suggest that the supreme good and supreme bad have equal power and are constantly fighting for true power.  Some of The Milky Way's best philosophers have come to the conclusion that whatever religion you believe in is true for you, but not for those who believe in any other religion.

WWIII happened because an argument about anime got out of hand.  This resulted in many new laws to prevent something stupid like this from ever happening again.

That's basically all I have so far.  I can't take full credit for this because about 10% of this is based off of actual research about the future but whatever.

Q: What does any of that have to do with fishing????

A: If you were a true fisherman, you would understand.

...Share that strong beer boy!

my "world" is based on the real world. it's basically Friends meet The Fast And The Furious. (the first three movies) some of the main differences are:

- cars aren't as modded as in the first three movies.

- it's set in Chicago, instead of New York.

- 11 protagonists, some of them are immigrants from Japan, UK, Finland, Canada and Angola.

- as for the year, due to continuous meddling by time travellers, the space-time flux has been altered significantly. because of this, most of the world is a mix of 90's and 00's stuff. other time periods going as far back as the 60's are represented as smaller "tribes", and those don't really get along with each other.

- it's mostly a sitcom, but also has some drama and more action-y moments in the form of street races.

- the story revolves around an autistic man who happens to be very keen on cars and racing, regardless of actual legality of the "meetings". other protagonists come from different backgrounds, but all share the same passion, to a point they eventually form a crew called "The Flatouters", named after a famous quote from the late Colin McRae.

- rated R, due to many sex scenes, very dirty language and sometimes extreme violence. in order to even buy the blu-ray and/or DVD release, consumers are required to sign an agreement stating that they will not be offended by the content depictions, or face a fine should he/she attempt to sue the producers because some kid ended up repeating the stuff shown.
For the TV airings, a disclaimer is shown before the beginning: "By continuing to view, you agree not to sue the producers over the content depicted in this program. Failure to comply to the terms will result in a fine."

Edited by Nekr0s1s

Several.

If I had some artists and musicians, I'd be turning them into visual novels.

I do got a friend who I'm doing some ideas with, but it might be awhile before anything comes of them. (And they won't be games for everyone, given our tastes.)

I'm a huge fan of Robert Heinlein and his hard sci-fi style. I wrote a short sci-fi love story in the style of his young adult novels for my anniversary when I was married a few years ago.

The main character was a young man about to travel a new frontier on humanity's first deep space colonization mission, but he was on the fence about it. He runs into a girl he was best friends with in school whom he never pursued because he was focused on being qualified to have a chance at being picked for the mission. She tells him that after school she pursued further education so that she too could qualify for the mission. When he tells her about his trepidation she becomes upset and explains that her motive was so that she could be with him, because he was her best friend. That makes up his mind, they marry, and he closes out the story with some sentimental stuff as they're boarding the ship.

To write a good story, I had to think of where things were technologically speaking. I came up with three point of tech and built a future history around them. Cryogenic sleep beds were a quick and cliche thing I used because it only had to be mentioned briefly. Colonization in the solar system had been established through an attempt to use a variation of railgun technology to launch the first ship to Mars which accidently caused a variation of hyperspace. The third technology was simply a universe GPS that could be used in conjunction with the railgun hyperspace ships. Not really too complicated or original, but it made for a good story and I wrote it plausibly enough.

I actually ended up planning two more short stories in that universe. One involved the colonists of that first mission. It would take place two generations into the colony's existence. The second ship of colonists is due and the children born on this planet are now adults that aren't too keen on people coming in. It goes back to a charter of the first mission that the young folk don't believe they should have to honor (sins of the father or something.) There were more political themes to it, but I never developed it much. The second story was a cliche thing about an attempted mutiny on one of the colony ships, but that was as far as it got.

It was fun, and I've wanted to go back and just finish the 7 stories I have in my head (those three, two in a universe that was dark comedy and sci-fi, and two about robots and clones.) Just haven't.

Edited by Johnatone : Did not catch an incorrect autocorrect, and added the last paragraph and accidently hit save in the middle of it.

I once considered writing a philosophical science fiction novel called 'I, Ronald', which would be about a man discovering that he's Ronald McDonald, and therefore God. I decided not to go through with writing it because I think it would be way too esoteric for any publisher. Also, copyright stuff.