Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Duke of Pathoris

Final boss?

Who do you reckon the final boss will be? Samuel Hayden? The Mother Demon? The Icon of Sin? Satan himself? With Samuel be corrupted like Olivia and become one of the aforementioned monsters? Will it be a completely different boss instead?

I expect the final boss to be revealed in Doom 3 (2021). What if Samual Hayden, the dark priest, is actually influenced by a yet unknown enemy - Satan himself - who wants to rule in Hell? I think Smauel will be corrupted - but not like Olivia.

11 minutes ago, igg said:

I expect the final boss to be revealed in Doom 3 (2021). What if Samual Hayden, the dark priest, is actually influenced by a yet unknown enemy - Satan himself - who wants to rule in Hell? I think Smauel will be corrupted - but not like Olivia.

This could actually raise discussion on the possibility of a New Doom trilogy. If this is the case, are you proposing Samuel be he villain of Doom Eternal and Satan is the final boss in Doom Forever After (placeholder).

Also, I meant final boss of Doom Eternal.

Samuel?, nah , i need a better remake of Icon Of Sin Combat, HARDER, COMPLEX, MUCH TIME, CHECKPOINTS IN THE COMBAT, AND A VERY BIG DEMON!!!

12 minutes ago, Duke of Pathoris said:

If this is the case, are you proposing Samuel be he villain of Doom Eternal and Satan is the final boss in Doom Forever After (placeholder).

Well, although he claims otherwise ("I'm not the villian of this story") I expect him to fail in Doom Eternal. Of course Doom Slayer is pretty pissed since Samuel stole his sword ("it bears your mark"). Maybe Samual overestimates the power of his robot body, gets defeated and has to enter another enormous physical body: The Icon of Sin. Samuel is such a strong character: Risen from the (almost) dead, he was able to survive Hell invasion in Doom 2016 and managed to steal Doom Slayers sword. If he gets overpowered this will make the final boss of Doom 3 much more terrifying.

there was a serious lack of bosses in doom 4 hope they introduce new mechanics for that in the new one

samuel hayden will not be corrupted. He was close to the helix stone longer than olivia, which corrupted her, and was still sane. Though working on argent energy did give him cancer he has a cyborg body with only the frontal and temporal lobe intact.

Edit : Hayden knows the corrupting nature of argent and everything related to hell. That's why he gave the helix stone to Olivia: to make her work with him. Though he overestimated his capability to control her. I don't think he would get corrupted himself so easily.

my interpretation from the trailer is that Icon of Sin is at least a boss or the final boss of the game.

>floating buildings(most probably going upwards)

>giant worms, most of their ends are in the clouds.

>buildings are getting lifted(hell absorption)

>portals in the sky(covered by clouds)

>worms working together -->one mind controlling them

>tentacles

>doom 2's ending screen told us that the icon of sin had giant limbs thrashing through and destroying half of the hell's surface

>Icon of sin hentai boss confirmed

It's implied during Doom 2016 that the icon of sin has already been defeated in the past so we can rule that out as the boss. I for one believe that Samuel will indeed be the final boss because it just seems like an obvious final boss. He probably let hell to earth in the first place because of his arrogance so why would he not be the final boss. No way the Doom guy is going to let him live after everything he has done.

Yog Sothoth, and it will be a preview of a Quake reboot where Shub Niggurath portals in mutations and disease for revenge. ;) ;)

18 hours ago, dewmguy said:

> doom 2's ending screen told us that the icon of sin had giant limbs thrashing through and destroying half of the hell's surface

You know, I never thought of it like that. I tend to forget Icon of Sin was supposed to have giant limbs. I can definitely see that as the tentacles.

17 hours ago, hardcore_gamer said:

It's implied during Doom 2016 that the icon of sin has already been defeated in the past so we can rule that out as the boss.

Ever played Final Doom?

17 hours ago, hardcore_gamer said:

He probably let hell to earth in the first place because of his arrogance so why would he not be the final boss. No way the Doom guy is going to let him live after everything he has done.

So he's not evil and needs to be stopped, he just pissed off Doom Guy? Nice.

Doom 2016 seemed to be quite faithful in following the bosses. The Cyberdemon as the climax boss and the Spider Mastermind as the final boss. While I hope there is more originality in the new bosses, I don't see them deviating from the Icon of Sin as the final boss.

I imagine something inspired by this would be awesome as the final boss.  But instead of giant penises like in the movie the demon can use the "worms" to thrash the planet/player.  Y'know cause of kids

legend-of-the-overfied41.jpg

Here I am wondering how the game will START and some people are already talking about the ending for some reason.

On 7/15/2018 at 6:33 PM, FraxGamer314 said:

SAMUEL HAYDEN WITH BLACK AND RED COLOR SCHEME WITH RUNES SCATTERED THROUGH HIS CHASSIS USING THE CRUCIBLE WHILE A SH*TSTORM OF ARCHVILES HEAL HIM

I like this idea...

C'mon.

We need a living Titan. Maybe even take a note from Shadow of the Colossus and, in a way, Doom 2016... make the Titan itself the level as well. Could be interesting if done right. 

2 hours ago, MsKaye said:

C'mon.

We need a living Titan. Maybe even take a note from Shadow of the Colossus and, in a way, Doom 2016... make the Titan itself the level as well. Could be interesting if done right. 

That would be good if they ever do a prequel where you actually get to use the crucible.

On 7/14/2018 at 12:50 AM, dewmguy said:

samuel hayden will not be corrupted. He was close to the helix stone longer than olivia, which corrupted her, and was still sane. Though working on argent energy did give him cancer he has a cyborg body with only the frontal and temporal lobe intact.

Edit : Hayden knows the corrupting nature of argent and everything related to hell. That's why he gave the helix stone to Olivia: to make her work with him. Though he overestimated his capability to control her. I don't think he would get corrupted himself so easily.

His reasoning is retained in his biological brain. A biological brain that can be corrupted.

You mow down countless enemies 3 days after release.  You haven't showered in 2 days, heart pounding as you reach the final door.  It slowly opens up to reveal...

Spoiler

image.png.d7d6701150d380d9cc10a0e1ad19a1d8.png

It would be damn cool to fight the Titan, resurrected by the onslaught of demons created by you. After all, the Titan represents the essense of all the dead Demons.

Imagine you battling a SCYSCRAPER sized demon, doing shit like barely overpowering his arm, climbing it, doing some damage to it with your bare hands, then jumping off, then shooting the Demon, then dodging his fists, as buildings crumble because of the sheer might of the shockwaves the hits produce. This should be repeated several times, but with variations of where you damage him, etc. The Titan should also summon giant pools of lava, erupting from the ground. Make the fight more intense, as the more bruised the Titan becomes, the faster and mightier his attacks get. And no second phases or stuff like that.

And his death would be Doom Slayer ripping his colossal eyes out, then punching his head so hard, that he reveals his brains, which he punches again, turning them into red mist.

3 hours ago, DoomMan777 said:

It would be damn cool to fight the Titan, resurrected by the onslaught of demons created by you. After all, the Titan represents the essense of all the dead Demons.

Imagine you battling a SCYSCRAPER sized demon, doing shit like barely overpowering his arm, climbing it, doing some damage to it with your bare hands, then jumping off, then shooting the Demon, then dodging his fists, as buildings crumble because of the sheer might of the shockwaves the hits produce. This should be repeated several times, but with variations of where you damage him, etc. The Titan should also summon giant pools of lava, erupting from the ground. Make the fight more intense, as the more bruised the Titan becomes, the faster and mightier his attacks get. And no second phases or stuff like that.

And his death would be Doom Slayer ripping his colossal eyes out, then punching his head so hard, that he reveals his brains, which he punches again, turning them into red mist.

I would love to see that in a prequel where we get to use the crucible and perhaps classic style weapons.

I don't think we will see a Titan as final boss in Doom Eternal or it's successor. They're irrelevant story wise because they are just hells dinosaurs. There's a reason hells forces use the Icon of Sin (Titan like creature) as a artillery style weapon only and put it at sleep if not needed. Kind of reminds me of Hannibal's elephants.