Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pegleg

Loading custom textures in PrBoom+ on Mac

Hello all.

I have a Mac (OS X Yosemite 10.5, to be exact) and am running PrBoom+ 2.5.1.4 from the terminal. I can run a map from the terminal just fine as long as the map itself doesn't need a texture pack added separately (meaning, the wad either has only stock textures or all the textures are included in the wad itself). I have a few different maps that I would like to record demos for using PrBoom+. I initially thought, well, I'll just try to run them without the texture packs, but I get flats that read "NO TEXTURE" and HOMs on the sidedefs where the textures are not defined. Needless to say, it makes the game unplayable (at least to me) and I'm certainly not going to record a demo like that.

Without going too far into the details, the first wad I'm trying to get to run requires the texture pack cc4-tex.wad. Ordinarily, when I type:

.prboom-plus XXX$ ./prboom-plus -complevel 3 -iwad doom2.wad -file blahblahblah.wad

the map loads and plays fine, so, since I had to add a resource pack, I tried typing:

.prboom-plus XXX$ ./prboom-plus -complevel 3 -iwad doom2.wad -file cc4-tex.wad -file blahblahblah.wad

This at least loads a slightly different menu screen, so it does something, but I still got the same no texture and HOM errors when I actually tried to play the game. Reversing the two wad files just loads regular Doom 2.

Could anyone provide some help on what I'm missing? I'm sure it will be a rather straightforward fix, but any help will be appreciated.

Thank you.

You need to do

-file cc4-tex.wad blahblahblah.wad

Otherwise it's just using the last -file it finds in the command list, it then iterates through every wad file for the arg.

2 hours ago, Edward850 said:

You need to do

Otherwise it's just using the last -file it finds in the command list, it then iterates through every wad file for the arg.

Thank you very much. I figured it was a simple problem and it indeed was. Thanks again.