Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Maser

Am I The Only One Who Gets Pissed Off When......

I'm being trolled by an enemy with lots of HP such as a Hell Baron and when I'm about to kill it, it ends up getting killed by another enemy from friendly fire? 

You're not alone. Infigthing is a staple of Doom, and a real life saver from time to time specially when you have to deal with 50+ enemies in a room and low on ammo, but when i want to kill an enemy with high HP and i'm low on health, i get pissed when another monster steals my kill, specially if it is a low level mook like a shotgunner or an imp. 

42PercentModerator, heh.

As for 42's comment, here's a link to the thread in question, as it isn't a bad suggestion, just put forth badly.

No, the answer is never no to that question, even though I disagree with it and sigh in relief as I don't have to waste more ammo on the stupid piece of shit most baron placements are. If there are enemies around barons causing them to infight shit is usually the first thing I do.. Or run past them if they are in a stupid area with nothing in it.

I don't care because it's anyway counted to kills %

Also I don't like clickbait titles. Thanks to Doom Eternal who brings a lot of new people here.

If this was '16, where Glory Kills are a thing, I would.

Classic Doom, though? Makes no difference to me.

1 hour ago, riderr3 said:

Thanks to Doom Eternal who brings a lot of new people here.

New people are always welcome.

To answer OP's question: Yes it's frustrating in a kill-stealing sorta way, but rationally...it does conserve that extra bit of ammo. :)

Personally I love watching demons kill each other and fight, but I really don't have good Doom skills anyway lol.

2 hours ago, riderr3 said:

Also I don't like clickbait titles. Thanks to Doom Eternal who brings a lot of new people here.

Yea they'll fit right at home with all the people doing it already around here!

10 hours ago, Maser said:

I'm being trolled by an enemy with lots of HP such as a Hell Baron and when I'm about to kill it, it ends up getting killed by another enemy from friendly fire? 

No because in a way it actually saves my hide. Imagine actually killing a baron and then a fireball just pops up from its dying corpse and hits you.

No, I find it amusing when I'm about to kill a cyberdemon, only for an imp behind it to finish him off. Bonus points for when the rocket that was supposed to finish him off hits the imp instead.

best use of a baron, is to puposly get enmies to hit it so it starts infighting, then use it as cover. it makes a great tank.

7 hours ago, Nine Inch Heels said:

Backseat moderation! YAY!

5 hours ago, Dragonfly said:

42PercentModerator, heh.

As for 42's comment, here's a link to the thread in question, as it isn't a bad suggestion, just put forth badly.

I was not actually being serious... Probably should have used an emoticon to undo what I actually said. :-P