Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Poncho

World Cup Finals

So, France has won the 2018 World Cup!!! Personally, I'm really happy that they ended up as the winners.

What are your thoughts???

I was rooting for Croatia but....GG France.

Second time they win a cup after 20 years...

what? Was there a World Cup?

shit, time to left doom .....

okno, really i want france won , gg :P

Mexico lost :"v

Good points of the cup

• European teams are pretty solid in game and took them out the "favorite teams" like Brazil and others. 
  • Young players for teams that have some future.

Bad points of the cup

• Referees and the fucking VAR
  • South american teams were shit overall
  • Neymar (it was turned into a meme now) and well as other major players like Messi and company....they all sucked balls

Well.....now to wait to 4 more years to the most controversial world cup edition of all time....Qatar 2022

One day after Bastille day! What a win! I was pulling for France because I am a fan of Macron, but Croatia was an incredible opponent. 

I was rooting for Croatia, but well, too bad they didn't won, congratulations for France. 

Mexico could win against Germany but not against Brazil.

Nah, not very interested on Football to be honest.

Well, good job France on moving that ball around with their feet while occasionally having it go into the enemy's large net thing.

Hi all, I'm from Croatia, yes indeed we lost to France, but honestly our boys did damn fine job and we're proud of them. We're all waiting for them to return from Russia today. Cheers all and a big thank you to everyone who cheered for Croatia. As for French people, congratulations for the win :)

Pozdrav iz Hrvatske :D

Ha, I went as far as to go watch the semi final in St.Petersburg, Russia (first live wc)! I thought a gaming community wouldn’t be too interested, so I didn’t create a thread (kinda regret it). Great World Cup as a whole, unpredictable and exciting. Russia was a good host, thanks to great World Cup I got to see a very beautiful country! Too bad haven’t met any Russian doomers.

I rooted for Croatia in the final, but logic told me France is gonna win it. Alas, no miracles, but a deserving win by France. They were smart the entire tournament, and Mbappe looks like a star in the making! Croatia doesn’t have to feel bad, a good performance by them.

@leodoom85 heh, frickin VAR I know. It just doesn’t solve much, just causes emotions to go away. Especially the final, that penalty right there. I wouldn’t blame Messi much, he was never fit for Argentina’s national team. I was hoping for a Brazil semi final, 4 more years huh.

lol Qatar 2022

Speaking of Qatar, I really hope the Netherlands (if they qualify) go through with their plan to wear pink, as opposed to orange. It would be risky, though.

On 7/16/2018 at 12:52 PM, Catpho said:

I thought a gaming community wouldn’t be too interested, so I didn’t create a thread (kinda regret it).

Real shame. I considered making such a thread myself.

I'm an American, but I don't much care for American football. The FIFA World Cup interested me more.

America didn't qualify, so I was kind of hoping Russia would take it home, but Croatia beat them in the quarter files.

Those boys should be proud of themselves.

On 7/15/2018 at 1:50 PM, Poncho said:

So, France has won the 2018 World Cup!!! Personally, I'm really happy that they ended up as the winners.

What are your thoughts???

Thank God that England didn't win.  

5 hours ago, Master O said:

Why? They are the inventors of this sport and the only world cup they won was in the 60's.

39 minutes ago, Solmyr said:

Why? They are the inventors of this sport and the only world cup they won was in the 60's.

Just because someone (or a group) invented something doesn't mean they're the masters of it.

38 minutes ago, Poncho said:

Just because someone (or a group) invented something doesn't mean they're the masters of it.

I know, but it's kind of lame that England as a team has only 3 international titles, 1 world cup, 1 olympic gold medal, and 1 eurocup, and that's it.

10 minutes ago, Solmyr said:

I know, but it's kind of lame that England as a team has only 3 international titles, 1 world cup, 1 olympic gold medal, and 1 eurocup, and that's it.

7 hours ago, Master O said:

It goes beyond that. Can be the football fanatics that makes it worse I think...

1 hour ago, leodoom85 said:

It goes beyond that. Can be the football fanatics that makes it worse I think...

There's a significant portion of English fans that look down on others (especially if you say you're American and like "soccer," then all bets are off), which is why many people actively root against England.

It's mostly because chavs are football fans (or, in other words, hooligans). And anyone with any sense would hate chavs.

Every time something about soccer is mentioned it just reminds me of this Simpsons clip:

On 7/19/2018 at 12:14 AM, Master O said:

There's a significant portion of English fans that look down on others (especially if you say you're American and like "soccer," then all bets are off), which is why many people actively root against England.

They might seem like a significant portion but in the end it's just a sad, small vocal minority. Arrogance hides feelings of inferiority, those football fans look down on others deeming those as inferior, but in the end they are just compensating for personal failures and short commings in their lives so they use football as an outlet to find something greater than themselves, something to brag about because in the end they don't have any personal achievements to brag about. All arrognat people are alike always needing to lach onto something greater than themselves to brag about their own superiority.