Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Cyb

Legacy Tastes Like Chicken

I dunno what that head line means. Also, the Doom Legacy frads are proud to announce that they have (finally) released a new stable version of Legacy for everyone's playing enjoyment and general merryment. Also you should note it is able to be compiled and run on FreeBSD, OS/2, OS X, Linux, Windows and DOS, so pretty much everyone should be able to play it except for the poor left out BeOS and VMS users. There's a buttload of new features as well, too many to list here, but all of them look pretty nifty. So download and play while you wait for that friggin' Doom Radio episode to download.

Hey, its me, the dufus who wrote the script that was put on that zip of doom radio episode 5. I just wanted to clear some things up for some people.... This isn't a "real" movie script... it's just a hobby. I wanted to see how hard it would be to write a movie script, so, looking for ideas, i turned my head and saw doom 2 cd sitting there. So I said, why not. Don't think I'm writing a Doom movie or anything like that. The thing is HEAVILY unformatted correcly, because I wrote it in about 4 days of free time :) I know it sucks, this is my first time ever doing anything like this. So don't yell at me for making such a crappy script.... I've just got nothing better to do! hehe. Oh, and thats not the whole thing as he says in the radio show, its just RIGHT up to the part where it gets more and more like the actual doom games... youll see, (if you havent read it yet)

If you like the story, great, if not, then I'll crawl into my closet and lay in a fetal position for ten days. hehe

also this is my first post here at doomworld, i hope i didnt reply to the wrong thing :|

Heh, just got through playing some Doom and Heretic with the newest Legacy. It's as good as ever, definitely more stable. But what I really liked was Heretic. For one, there's actually dynamic lighting, which I've been waiting for forever. However, it's mainly just the weapons and light sources for now I guess. Oh well, can't win'em all. Of course, there's the usual list of stuff I don't like about it, and stuff I wish could/should be implemented (oh, and don't flame for this, it's all in my own humble opinion :P):

For one thing, I wish the Legacy team could implement the infinite ammo thing from ZDoom. It shouldn't be that hard.
Another thing: I don't like how the sky looks when you look straight up in Doom, Doom2, or Heretic. The sky is still two dimensional, meaning that it looks very very funky. And ugly, IMO.
MD2s: I've got the GLDoom and GLHeretic MD2s, yet when I turn MD2s on, all the sprites on screen disappear and remain invisible until I turn them off. Couldn't you find a way to just one set of MD2s, from like JDoom or JHeretic, instead of having to download a whole set of MD2s which look exactly like the JDoom/JHeretic ones? It's a bit nonsensical. BTW, ARE there any Legacy MD2 files I could download?

Oh well, that's it for now.

Infinite ammo? meh.

Doomboy: There's a reason why the md2 setting is placed under a meny option called "development" It's in a VERY early stage atm. so far it's mainly to be used for static objects.

It works with the doom models btw. just not well, since it's NOT done.
Why would anyone make acomplete new set of ugly md2's just so they be different from otehr gl ports?

Well it is stable me so far, Heretic supports seems to be rather good, now if we can try out the internet play that it has internally.

I'll be in IRC if you wanna try that out.

well, there is a bug in it, i have windows 2k and i just downloaded the new version and aparently it wont run in gl mode. and it skips form tnt, to plutonia expiroment and it loads it on like the 2nd or the third map.

nope dont wanna do what i want it to do
it still boots in level 3 even though i dont want it to
still boots in plutonia eventhoug i dont want it to
still boots in software mode eventhoug i dont want it to

drav35 said:

is it me or the new version of legacy crashes when i play spilt screen mode!

it's not just you.

You might want to get some other launcher like king elvis' or be a man and use the command line. The command line always works.

I don't seem to have any problem yet with the launcher. BTW batman doom tc works on this version of legacy, well sort of. you have to have -nosound and some of the levels where boss death ends the level don't end. the graphics and music are all in place though.