Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
HumanBones

Multiplayer Doom Federation

unknown2.png.b560db002226d240b6e14797f537f288.png

It is my great pleasure to introduce to you the Multiplayer Doom Federation, a newly established doom league/community! This is not your typical doom league; we're taking all that we have learned from running mostly CTF over the years and applying it to every other gamemode you can think of. From Team Last Man Standing, to Survival, to Domination, and everything in between. We want this to be an experience like nobody has ever had before. 

As an overall community, online doom has often found itself segregated into various different corners. Single-player experts and mappers had no interest in getting involved in the ultra-competitive multiplayer doom scene, and vice versa, and the situation has not improved throughout the years. The Multiplayer Doom Federation is an attempt the bridge the gap - to combine the competitive side of online doom with the fun side. We want a community run by the people, who play what they want to play and contribute to how it gets played. 

Our desire is to have this community accessible to longtime veterans, newbies, and everyone in between. While some of our events may be geared towards players with the most skill, we will strive to make each experience as inclusive as possible.  Although a majority of our events will take place on Zandronum, this league does not call one specific multiplayer port "home". The best experience will determine where each event is hosted. 

How can you get involved? Simple! While our website is currently under construction, our headquarters is over on Discord. Until our website is complete, we will be running progduel pickup tournaments with ever-changing rules and settings and maps, where you will have the ability to rack up points and achievements on leaderboards. This is just the beginning! 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1OgOFlMTybNnckC7vzt3eVSPieQQp-2kztb6XfIsBIms/edit?usp=sharing

So, please join us and get ready to have some fun. We have also started a brand new podcast that goes in-depth with all of our ideas, and you can listen to the first episode below. I look forward to seeing you all in the very near future. Happy fragging!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCxxA80-L_E

MULTIPLAYER DOOM FEDERATION DISCORD SERVER

This is a really cool idea, I'm glad there's people taking action to keep Doom multiplayer Doom alive but also to evolve it. I enjoyed the podcast live as well, dew ftw - he's my fave on evolution of the wad too.

Good podcast guys. I highly encourage people who aren't really sure about playing competitive doom to dip their toes into this, it'll be a good chance to try something new.