Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Man of Doom

Overlord (AKA, the closest thing we’re getting to a big-budget live-action Wolfenstein movie)

So J.J. Abrams is set to be the producer behind something that was supposed to be a prequel to the Cloverfield movies, but has since been reworked into something entirely original (supposedly). 

At first upon watching the trailer, I thought it was yet another WWII movie, then things get a little more brutal and “creative” as it goes on. 

For those who just want the nitty-gritty of the premise:

Spoiler

It’s a movie about Allied troopers stumbling upon a small French town infested by (you guessed it) Nazi zombies.

The CoD Zombies comparisons are inevitable (there’s been dozens of them already), but I got way more of a Wolfenstein vibe from this trailer. Specifically, I got a RTCW/The Old Blood feeling from this movie so far. Hell, even the logo even looks a lot like the neo-Wolf logo. 

Funnily enough, there was an attempt to make a Wolfenstein movie, but has since been dead in the water for a while (I believe the original writer behind the movie has done jail time for reasons that escape me at the moment). 

Thoughts?

Weird that they're remaking the Doom movie but set during WWII

Honestly when I first read the premise to this movie I thought it was going to be either aliens or Captain America First Avenger style super soldiers, not zombies, so this was a bit underwhelming. I'll still give it a shot though since it's still a good premise.

3 hours ago, Man of Doom said:

For those who just want the nitty-gritty of the premise:

Hide contents

It’s a movie about Allied troopers stumbling upon a small French town infested by (you guessed it) Nazi zombies.

Wow, another zombie movie! I'd better rush to--*Snore*

The whole zombie apocalypse trope has been done to death and unlife and undeath and back to death again, puns absolutely intended, so I've zero interest to see this movie.

And also:

3 hours ago, Man of Doom said:

CoD Zombies

Sums it up well enough.

2 hours ago, Memfis said:

"Overlord"? Any lawsuits coming?

Well, there’s an anime series, and a video game franchise with the exact same name, so uh, confusion is inevitable. 

I know it’s obviously a reference to Operation Overlord, since the events of the movie take place one day before the event in question, but mistakes were made here. 

There was almost going to be a RTCW movie and it's a darn shame that it never happened.

On 7/18/2018 at 2:30 PM, wheresthebeef said:

Weird that they're remaking the Doom movie but set during WWII

Honestly when I first read the premise to this movie I thought it was going to be either aliens or Captain America First Avenger style super soldiers, not zombies, so this was a bit underwhelming. I'll still give it a shot though since it's still a good premise.

They are remaking the Doom movie as a straight to dvd movie. Why didn’t Abrams just make a Wolfenstein movie? If he had just come out and said “i’m making a new movie called Overlord that’s based on Wolfenstein 3D i’d have believed it after this.

Also, doesn’t Paramount have the rights to Wolfenstein? If they do there was no reason they couldn’t have just called this: Overlord:A Wolfenstein story.

Edited by Spooner5020

On 7/19/2018 at 6:51 PM, Grimosaur said:

"Big Budget live-action Wolfenstein Movie"

*ahem*

Inglorious Basterds doesn't feature sci-fi or occult elements...? I admit it does revolve around killing Hitler though, so there's that.

Personally I think frankenstein's army is more similar to Wolfenstein than overlord seems to be, the nazi scientist reminds me of Wilhem Strasse (Deathshead) ,and some of his creations seem like they would fit right into Wolfenstein. Also here's a trailer for the movie