Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Zord

Final Invasion (Boom wad)

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

The screenshots look good! It looks like you have non-stock textures--where did you get the sky and the custom textures?

 

What is the story behind this megawad?

Edited by Pegleg : Storyline question.

Share this post


Link to post

Nobody asks if author asked permission to use some valiant resources like hud and some gun sprites like chaingun. Also, I played first map and in the first screenshot those objects makes movement difficult. If you remove them, it will make movement easier. 
 

Spoiler

ivyU3y5.png

 

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)

Played up to map 07 and stopped because I couldn't find what to do in the hallways of silent teleports. Ok, first two maps were a bit bland, just rooms with doors and corridors in between, a SSG that looked inaccessible, and lots of trees and hanging corpses obstructing the way, more than they should. The green glowing slime texture is cool. Later more open areas, but more detailing which makes movement awkward sometimes. The combat seems to go for slaughtery incidental plus teleporting mobs, the thing is that you only placed one teleporting sector so monsters spawn one by one whenever they feel like, resulting in situations like a sudden chaingunner after 10 seconds of nothing happening. Someone with better knowledge on this topic could give you a proper advice on how to make setups like that. In map 03 I think, I was not a fan of the fireblu fake wall part, the spiders are heavily affected by blockmap there for whatever reason and it's tedious to take them all out. Also map 06 was just a few ambushes and done, like nothing relevant happened. 

 

I saw you used PSX sound effects and custom weapon sprites, you can find sounds for the archvile here.

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, galileo31dos01 said:

Played up to map 07 and stopped because I couldn't find what to do in the hallways of silent teleports. Ok, first two maps were a bit bland, just rooms with doors and corridors in between, a SSG that looked inaccessible, and lots of trees and hanging corpses obstructing the way, more than they should. The green glowing slime texture is cool. Later more open areas, but more detailing which makes movement awkward sometimes. The combat seems to go for slaughtery incidental plus teleporting mobs, the thing is that you only placed one teleporting sector so monsters spawn one by one whenever they feel like, resulting in situations like a sudden chaingunner after 10 seconds of nothing happening. Someone with better knowledge on this topic could give you a proper advice on how to make setups like that. In map 03 I think, I was not a fan of the fireblu fake wall part, the spiders are heavily affected by blockmap there for whatever reason and it's tedious to take them all out. Also map 06 was just a few ambushes and done, like nothing relevant happened. 

 

I saw you used PSX sound effects and custom weapon sprites, you can find sounds for the archvile here.

 

Thanks for criticism!

About maps:

   Map 07

This is map was made a bit specifically and silent teleport logic a bit strange (No a bit... really strange!) Today i wanna made its much better than old one...Screenshot_Doom_20180719_100416.png.45dfafc180df1cee0de0f1fa5ed93bcb.png

 

    Map 03

About place with spiders...

While my friend testing my wad on PrBoom+ He said this is place without block monsters nearly impossible and that reason why i add that fire blue wall

 

   Map 06

This map was create hastily, cuz i have a lot of work...

 

  About Difficult

I know then after a few maps its got slaughtery, while i made this wad i was inspired by hard and slaughter wads

 

Thx for PSX archvile sounds :3

And map 7 was updated

Link same

And ofc sorry for my edgy english

Share this post


Link to post
14 hours ago, Pegleg said:

It looks like you have non-stock textures--where did you get the sky and the custom textures?

 

I can at least identify the Gothic Texture Pack in one of the screenshots - specifically, the 5th one counting from above.

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, MFG38 said:

 

I can at least identify the Gothic Texture Pack in one of the screenshots - specifically, the 5th one counting from above.

You right on 5th screenshot its Gothic Texture Pack...

But mostly its mix of cc4-tex, "BLACK AND GREEN TEXTURES PACK" from realm and Gothic Texture pack

Share this post


Link to post

I really like this mapset. It does get a bit confusing at times, but overall, I enjoyed it. The colors are pleasing as well. :D

Share this post


Link to post

Just working on the first map of 3rd episode...

 

Spoiler

Screenshot_Doom_20180916_102812.png.9be4f1d5072e05947e2c3aa2d5d8da26.pngScreenshot_Doom_20180916_102817.png.c5e389ef1159769d1685463059fe2a40.pngScreenshot_Doom_20180916_102835.png.e6bbb0ed53497bc222c08c541c184b68.pngScreenshot_Doom_20180916_102840.png.1d7e0c7fae02f2f736ba4305b2fdca73.png

 

Share this post


Link to post

I just finished 1st map and half of 2nd map. I really like it. Nice atmosphere coming from your map and level design is very nice but as Myst.Haruko said, some of the thing placement are not very good because is blocking for proper movements. 

Edited by Marlamir

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×