Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
uniQ

HellStyle!

Hello everybody!

What do you think about putting flashback(ghost) scenes into D3. I think of some slaughtering scenes with really scaring sounds an music that start to appear in some key-situations - you wield you chaingun and let it go off - but suddenly you realize that this is not for real - but one of those creatures is starting starring at you although it was a flashback. This would be difficult to implement but such scenes would imho make a dense atmospehere. If this could not be done technically it would be fine if they could replay such scenes on some monitors.
The scenes should be like in Haunted Hill, Event Horizon, Resident Evil Movie, etc. Those eerie stop and go moving undeads. Me shivers!

D3 should be more hellish. not just hellspawn creatures.

Discussion?

Those haunted hill vcr scenes were great. really sick scenes. hmmm...I like those scenes. Event horizon had the best hell-like scenes I have to admit. Latin phrases rule...but my latin is very bad...they better put some translations in. I hated that language back in my school days...bah!

Definitly more 'Event Horizon'.

If they can manage a 'black box' bit, complete with a former UAC worker holding his own eyeballs, i'll be a happy chappy.

Not true. I like sci-fi stuff just fine. I'm not a horror person because I can all too well imagine having my own two eyeballs ripped out, and I think real-life is terrifying enough as it is. It's the action of Doom they should focus on, and I don't think we need any really sick scenes as long as the game makes you jump when you turn a corner.

JavaGuy said:

Not true. I like sci-fi stuff just fine. I'm not a horror person because I can all too well imagine having my own two eyeballs ripped out, and I think real-life is terrifying enough as it is. It's the action of Doom they should focus on, and I don't think we need any really sick scenes as long as the game makes you jump when you turn a corner.

The thing is, though, that particular scene in EH wasn't just sickening, it scared the living shit outta me. And that's gonna be one of the major factors in Doom III - the scare factor.
Hopefully we'll see something that surpasses the Rezzy Evil games.

That scene from that leaked video, with that guy tied above the pentagram, could be a scary scene as well. Maybe you see him being tortured or something:p

I hated the Resident Evil games. They were so contrived it was ridiculous. The shocks they used were predictable, zombies tiresome and definitely not scary, and overall it was boring.

I hope Doom 3 doesn't attempt to put the same predictable shock after every corner, but use some variation, originality and some genuine tension from time to time.

GS-1719 said:

I hated the Resident Evil games. They were so contrived it was ridiculous. The shocks they used were predictable, zombies tiresome and definitely not scary, and overall it was boring.

Yes! I dont want Doom3 to be some stupid preplanned horror game, with some lame cliche 'scare' every 10 feet. Beat the game once, and it becomes a complete waste afterward. Doom is an action game, Doom3 should also try its fucking hardest to be an action game first, and scripted horror crap second.

After seeing those cutscenes I'm afraid that there'll be way too many of them. Anyone ever TRIED to play Metal Gear Solid 2? That was pretty much my worst nightmare come true. 80% FMV, 20% gameplay.

Ghopsts and replays of the past scenes worked really well in System Shock 2, so if they can be done well in Doom 3, they should be in. I mean, since Hell is trying to take over the base, you should see or hear scary, fucked up images, sounds or events.

I love Metal Gear Solid 2, but I agree, towards the end there was waaaay to much talking going on (the story is pretty ridiculous too).
I wanted to fast forward really bad, but I was afraid I was gonna miss a crucial part and not understand what the damn game is about in the end (which I still haven't quite figured out).

AIRmichael said:

Now its a fact, we are all sick people who would love such horror in a game=).

damn right.....lol

AIRmichael said:

That scene from that leaked video, with that guy tied above the pentagram, could be a scary scene as well. Maybe you see him being tortured or something:p

yea that was pretty freaky. It may have been from poor quality but the sounds dident sound good at all especialy the muzzle break from the weapons