Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
no longer being used

Mappers needed

So I'm making a wad that incorporates custom materials with Freedoom attic materials. I've made map01 already but it's bad. That's why I need mappers for this project. If you're inclined for this position, please reply. Sincerely, Skag. (Edit: Project over)

Edited by Skag1337 : Cancelling

Hello Skag.

You're asking for people's input but giving us more or less nothing. You need to be an open book telling us everything about you and your project, to generate the interest of more experienced mappers than yourself. 

What is special about your project? Is there a backing story? Is there new locations not yet seen in doom? What new resources would we get access to (with visual proof of said assets). The bottom line is, you have to make it enticing for us - Tell us why we would want to give you our spare time making levels for your project, instead of our own project(s)?

On a side note, if you're the artist behind the pistol sprite shown in your picture, please play with the offsets or consider redrawing the pistol, currently the perspective is completely wrong. The pistol should be pointing at the exact centre of the screen and instead it looks like it's aiming to the top left corner.

584a379300ae9c3f63ba85b0099ff33c.png

Good luck on your project; hopefully you make it enticing enough for people to want to contribute.

Well said dragonfly. anyway don't look at me as hater or something but you look to me as someone who just learn how to mod doom and he is soo excited about this that he want to made one "hell" of megawad but have zero clue how game/mod development go. If you really want people to join, you to need to  catch their attention by telling everything.

On 7/23/2018 at 7:39 PM, Skag1337 said:

That was from the attic, I'm looking into buying clay and modeling some stuff.

Or you could learn how to use a 3D modeling program like ZBrush, it's more practical than wasting time fashioning clay models.

Is that status bar face Lo Wang from Shadow Warrior?

17 hours ago, Solmyr said:

Or you could learn how to use a 3D modeling program like ZBrush, it's more practical than wasting time fashioning clay models.

Is that status bar face Lo Wang from Shadow Warrior?

It's attic.

@Skag1337

You still have provided virtually no incentive for people to join this project. Right or wrong, you are new to these boards, so you have no reputation for people to count on. So, all people have to judge to decide whether they want to join your project is what show them. So far, you have provided 1 screenshot and a link to a beta level that you identify as being "bad." You also wrote that you eventually want to make new models or new sprites.

Some things you haven't done:

• You haven't provided a plot or backstory for your game.
  • You haven't told people what compatibility your targeting (vanilla, ZDoom, udmf only)?
  • You changed the name to Saberdoom, but you haven't provided any indication of why you did or what it means.
  • You haven't told people what type of levels you're looking for (techbases, urban landscapes, nightmare levels, prisons, outdoor environments, indoor levels, caverns, etc.)
  • You haven't said how many maps you're shooting for.
  • You haven't provided any betas or updates on the sprites or models.

The bottom line is that you haven't really given any guidance for your project and you haven't given anyone incentive to want to join your project. For now, this project is still basically in the realm of "come help me make my super-cool new project that I want to do but don't have the skill to make by myself." Add some additional details and that may change.

Good luck.