Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Eric the Sandvich

What song did you listen to so much that you couldn't stand it anymore?

Posted (edited)

Honestly I couldn't think on one, no matter how much I listen to a song. I can't hate it but just change on a musical style.

(Used to hear a lot of "metal" years years ago, then rock, then anime music, then Vocaloid, then anime music again, then mixed (Except for metal, I don't listen to it anymore or at least not much like before) (And Videogame OSTs too!)

However, I've been hearing this one. I just can't hate it because I really like it.

Oh, and this one.

Practically it is the vast majority of my near-800 piece music library. I sure inserted my earbuds each and every time I had to get onto prolonged computerwork-related sessions, be it of any nature - and even pieces of five hours' listening can get a real bore to your brain.

I didn't exactly listen to this song by choice, but this song used to come on the radio so much as a kid that it left a permanent scar in my brain and is officially the most hated song of all time in my mind!

20 minutes ago, Cell said:

Practically it is the vast majority of my near-800 piece music library. I sure inserted my earbuds each and every time I had to get onto prolonged computerwork-related sessions, be it of any nature - and even pieces of five hours' listening can get a real bore to your brain.

Same here, except that mine is 1150 songs and I rarely use headphones. Speakers master race amirite?

One song that particularly bothers me now is (although it's a legit great song)

I'm almost to this point with Bad Apple!!, but I try to keep it in check so I don't ruin the song for me.

pretty much any Linkin Park song pre-A Thousand Suns, mostly because I used to hang around other people who never shut up about them.

28 minutes ago, leodoom85 said:

Despacito.

Bye.

2 Confirmed.

26 minutes ago, YukiRaven said:

I'm almost to this point with Bad Apple!!, but I try to keep it in check so I don't ruin the song for me.

Oof, that song is nice to be honest, way more coming of Touhou Project.

I was working at a gas station when this song was big, and I heard it every day. One day I heard it 15 times over the course of a 8-hour shift. I joked with my manager that if I heard it one more time I'd rip the speakers out of the wall. I was only half joking. 

Iron Man - Black Sabbath

Master of Puppets - Metallica

Symphony of Destruction - Megadeth

Absolute classic songs, but I've heard them so. Many. Times.

Benny Hill Theme. It's legitimately funny but it's used waaay too much on the internet.

Mega Man 2's soundtrack. It's not that I heard it from playing the game so much. It's more like Youtubers played it so much at various points, that I now hate it. It has become the nails on a chalkboard.

2 minutes ago, Memfis said:

Benny Hill Theme. It's legitimately funny but it's used waaay too much on the internet.

I had an ex that would randomly sing it over the month we dated... I even learned it's name Yakeity Sax from her. My most annoying ex.

America and Du Hast by Rammstein, and Sweet Child 'o Mine by Guns 'n Roses.

Heard them far, far too often in the past to the point that I can't stand hearing them again some 10yrs later. Other than these songs, I don't remember being unable to hear anything else yet again due to overlistening.

Posted (edited)

All those nu-metal songs that got requested -way- too often at the local nightclub.  Like, almost every week.

Down With The Sickness

Bodies

Halo

BYOB

Ugh.  They have other songs!

If 'Bodies' comes on, I now sing the words to 'Psychostick - Numbers' instead.

Edited by DooMAD

I used to like Mr. Brightside and I do still sometimes like to listen to it.... but where I work, we have the radio on ALL THE TIME. And this song got played far too often (at least out of all the songs by The Killers) so I've started to hate the song more and more slowly.

I made this both my ringtone AND my alarm because I loved it so much. That was a mistake, it really sucked out the magic I felt when I listened to it. Now I'm just neutral towards it.

Being in high school and everyone ONLY listens to this song, if we're allowed to listen to music in class you'll hear it blasting in someones ears from the other end of the classroom, if the teacher puts on the Radio while we do work they always choose BBC Radio 1 and this almost always plays, if they put on some Top 40 music hits playlist on YouTube it plays again. It also doesn't help that it's the most repetitive song in the fucking world.