Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Aquila Chrysaetos

Your Favorite Doom Weapon

Be as close as you can and have them cardinal with the angle you shot the BFG ball into. When the BFG explodes the damaging tracers will go off into the same angle the BFG ball was shot into. (so if you shot north and turned 180 degrees, you'll launch the damage from your back. The angle you are facing when the BFG ball explodes doesn't matter)

Typical answer, the SSG.

If there was a satisfying high damage but slow fire rate weapon other than SSG then it may have taken its place. For example a Mosan Rifle. I find myself favouring powerful one shot weapons that require aiming, non sniper is ideal.

1. Demon Steele swords (if that counts)

2. plasma rifle

3. pistol

4. rocket launcher

5. super shotgun

6. berserk

7. chainsaw

8. BFG9000

9. shotgun

10. fists

2-7 were close and 8 and 9 are tied.

On ‎7‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 12:04 AM, Doomarineactivated said:

BFG. But if course that's my favorite considering its the most powerful, but my 2nd favorite is the Super Shotgun.

power isn't everything

In both Doom games it's chaingun. Very powerful against all monsters, even an archvile. Use it properly and it won't miss and so on it deals significant damage per second, that's even more than ssg does.

I quite like the chaingun, but the BFG is king - except that I'm always too afraid to actually use it, haha! Gotta save it for when I need it! The number of times I've saved it only to find out later that that's it, the level is over, is too damn many.

It's really fun shooting hitscanners with the pistol, but normally the super shotgun.

I love all of em'! Well, to pick up a favourite from them, I might just go for the Shotgun, cause that's the weapon I had spent most of my time with, while I'm conserving ammo for the big guns. Guess I had a pretty good time with it. It has a pretty decent rate of fire, a large amount of damage at close range, and get it, 50 shells max is just enough to get the job done for me!

The Shotgun and Super Shotgun are easily my favorite Doom weapons. Powerful, plenty o' shells, and cool firing sounds and animation.

Can't go wrong with berserk fist as well. It is satisfying to beat the shit out of a Baron of Hell if you're good enough.