Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
FeverDreamer

Who Would Win?

Recommended Posts

A single vile would win.

Spoiler

ACTOR Archvile
{
  Health 700
  Radius 20
  Height 56
  Mass 500
  Speed 15
  PainChance 10
  Monster
  MaxTargetRange 896
  +QUICKTORETALIATE
  +FLOORCLIP
  +NOTARGET
  SeeSound "vile/sight"
  PainSound "vile/pain"
  DeathSound "vile/death"
  ActiveSound "vile/active"
  MeleeSound "vile/stop"
  Obituary "$OB_VILE"
  States
  {
  Spawn:
    VILE AB 10 A_Look
    Loop
  See:
    VILE AABBCCDDEEFF 2 A_VileChase
    Loop
  Missile:
    VILE G 0 Bright A_VileStart
    VILE G 10 Bright A_FaceTarget
    VILE H 8 Bright A_VileTarget
    VILE IJKLMN 8 Bright A_FaceTarget
    VILE O 8 Bright A_VileAttack
    VILE P 20 Bright
    Goto See
  Heal:
    VILE "[\]" 10 Bright
    Goto See
  Pain:
    VILE Q 5   
    VILE Q 5 A_Pain
    Goto See
  Death:
    VILE Q 7
    VILE R 7 A_Scream
    VILE S 7 A_NoBlocking
    VILE TUVWXY 7
    VILE Z -1
    Stop
  }
}

 

Viles have the NOTARGET flag, so the cyberdemon would never target it.

Share this post


Link to post

 

5 minutes ago, Aquila Chrysaetos said:

 

  Hide contents


ACTOR Archvile
{
  Health 700
  Radius 20
  Height 56
  Mass 500
  Speed 15
  PainChance 10
  Monster
  MaxTargetRange 896
  +QUICKTORETALIATE
  +FLOORCLIP
  +NOTARGET
  SeeSound "vile/sight"
  PainSound "vile/pain"
  DeathSound "vile/death"
  ActiveSound "vile/active"
  MeleeSound "vile/stop"
  Obituary "$OB_VILE"
  States
  {
  Spawn:
    VILE AB 10 A_Look
    Loop
  See:
    VILE AABBCCDDEEFF 2 A_VileChase
    Loop
  Missile:
    VILE G 0 Bright A_VileStart
    VILE G 10 Bright A_FaceTarget
    VILE H 8 Bright A_VileTarget
    VILE IJKLMN 8 Bright A_FaceTarget
    VILE O 8 Bright A_VileAttack
    VILE P 20 Bright
    Goto See
  Heal:
    VILE "[\]" 10 Bright
    Goto See
  Pain:
    VILE Q 5   
    VILE Q 5 A_Pain
    Goto See
  Death:
    VILE Q 7
    VILE R 7 A_Scream
    VILE S 7 A_NoBlocking
    VILE TUVWXY 7
    VILE Z -1
    Stop
  }
}

 

Viles have the NOTARGET flag, so the cyberdemon would never target it.

Ah, thanks for clarifying, I didnt know that. I learned something new today lol

 

Out of pure curiosity, if it were possible for a cyberdemon to target archviles, who do you think would win?

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, FeverDreamer said:

Out of pure curiosity, if it were possible for a cyberdemon to target archviles, who do you think would win?

cybie might win against 50 arch viles. I guess it depends a lot on how often the viles manage to inflict a pain state, and how much the viles bunch up on the cybie. If the viles can get right next to the cybie then there is no doubt in my mind that the cybie would win most, if not all fights

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Nine Inch Heels said:

cybie might win against 50 arch viles. I guess it depends a lot on how often the viles manage to inflict a pain state, and how much the viles bunch up on the cybie. If the viles can get right next to the cybie then there is no doubt in my mind that the cybie would win most, if not all fights

I definitely agree, even if the archies formed a huge mob and put a little distance between them and the cybie, I feel like it could still win, mainly based off splash damage from the misses and the sheer amount of hp the cyberdemon has

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)

The fifty viles. Their attack does 20+70 blast damage, but cybers are immune to splash (as is the Mastermind), so he would only take 20 damage per attack, but the viles would kill him in two attacks.

20*50=1,000. He couldn't kill them fast enough. The odds are against him.

A vile typically takes four rockets to kill. Assuming he catches a lot of them in the blast, we're looking at over 30 repetitions of his attack, which takes almost two seconds to complete.

Conversely, the vile can complete its attack in 2.7 seconds, about, so he could get off a full attack before any one vile finished his, but there are fifty of them, so the cyber doesn't really have enough time to kill enough viles to make a difference.

 

Edit: Had my numbers backwards.

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Aquila Chrysaetos said:

The fifty viles. Their attack does 70+20 blast damage, but cybers are immune to splash (as is the Mastermind), so he would only take 70 damage per attack, but the viles would kill him in two attacks.

70*50=3,500. He couldn't kill them fast enough.

A vile typically takes four rockets to kill. Assuming he catches a lot of them in the blast, we're looking at over 30 repetitions of his attack, which takes almost two seconds to complete.

Conversely, the vile can complete its attack in 2.7 seconds, about, so he could get off a full attack before any one vile finished his, but there are fifty of them, so the cyber doesn't really have enough time to kill enough viles to make a difference.

Interesting, I didn't even think about the attack speed. I assumed the cybie would win because of the splash damage from the rockets and the high amount of hp it takes to kill it, but it sounds like the files would do more overall damage per second then the cyberdemon would be able to

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, valkiriforce said:

Someone made this exact scenario some years ago:

 

 

Whoa, holy shit, I didn't know about this. Thanks, I guess that's kinda settled then haha

Share this post


Link to post

Interesting that with more cybers/avs the ratio changes.

Share this post


Link to post
8 minutes ago, Nine Inch Heels said:

Wow, I did not expect that outcome. I stand corrected

Same here haha

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, elarmadillo3 said:

I'm so glad that series isn't completely dead.

Same, I didn't know about it until the video was posted here, but I've been binging the series and I absolutely love it

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, FeverDreamer said:

Same, I didn't know about it until the video was posted here, but I've been binging the series and I absolutely love it

I also remember finding this other one a couple of years ago with a Baron and a Chaingunner as announcers, and with a bunch of marines as spectators. Some custom enemies made by the same guy would fight each other in the videos, but he never put the monsters anywhere to download.

Share this post


Link to post
13 minutes ago, elarmadillo3 said:

I also remember finding this other one a couple of years ago with a Baron and a Chaingunner as announcers, and with a bunch of marines as spectators. Some custom enemies made by the same guy would fight each other in the videos, but he never put the monsters anywhere to download.

That still sounds awesome

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, valkiriforce said:

Someone made this exact scenario some years ago:

 

 

No way! How perfect is that.

Share this post


Link to post

There was this map by TimeOfDeath based in Eternal Doom that has a pool of around 50 archviles and a cyberdemon clogged together, and it didn't took more than a minute to die and leave me still with a high number of viles alive. That is periodically showing my face for him to attack. He was overwhelmed, as can happen in Doom with any monster being the target of multiple other monsters. Odds wouldn't have been so different if archviles could be targeted too, since that many viles attacking at the same time would interrupt cyber's attacks very frequently, even if viles are also dying from their own splash damage.  

Share this post


Link to post

Arch-Viles will win in all scenarios.

 

50 will easily overwhelm the Cybie in most situations, and even if it's only one unless he gets hit somehow he'll always win since the monsters can't target Arch-Viles. A Cybie could potentially win only if he has some cover and the Arch-Viles are placed on some easy to target pillars or platforms without their notarget flag. Or maybe not?

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)

in small room cyberdemon win beycause the archviles attack does low damage from the splash damage immunity and finally kill themselves with their own attacks :)

Share this post


Link to post
On 7/21/2018 at 6:40 PM, FeverDreamer said:

Whoa, holy shit, I didn't know about this. Thanks, I guess that's kinda settled then haha

 

that is awesome! I was going to say the Cyber Demon.

But i guess the Villes win lol

Share this post


Link to post
14 minutes ago, SoulSphere said:

 

that is awesome! I was going to say the Cyber Demon.

But i guess the Villes win lol

Same lol

Share this post


Link to post
On ‎7‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 8:17 PM, Aquila Chrysaetos said:

A single vile would win.

  Reveal hidden contents


ACTOR Archvile
{
  Health 700
  Radius 20
  Height 56
  Mass 500
  Speed 15
  PainChance 10
  Monster
  MaxTargetRange 896
  +QUICKTORETALIATE
  +FLOORCLIP
  +NOTARGET
  SeeSound "vile/sight"
  PainSound "vile/pain"
  DeathSound "vile/death"
  ActiveSound "vile/active"
  MeleeSound "vile/stop"
  Obituary "$OB_VILE"
  States
  {
  Spawn:
    VILE AB 10 A_Look
    Loop
  See:
    VILE AABBCCDDEEFF 2 A_VileChase
    Loop
  Missile:
    VILE G 0 Bright A_VileStart
    VILE G 10 Bright A_FaceTarget
    VILE H 8 Bright A_VileTarget
    VILE IJKLMN 8 Bright A_FaceTarget
    VILE O 8 Bright A_VileAttack
    VILE P 20 Bright
    Goto See
  Heal:
    VILE "[\]" 10 Bright
    Goto See
  Pain:
    VILE Q 5   
    VILE Q 5 A_Pain
    Goto See
  Death:
    VILE Q 7
    VILE R 7 A_Scream
    VILE S 7 A_NoBlocking
    VILE TUVWXY 7
    VILE Z -1
    Stop
  }
}

 

Viles have the NOTARGET flag, so the cyberdemon would never target it.

then how come I see cybers targeting them all the time?

 

P.S. If you want to see the fight get Hate Arena.

HateArena.zip - It is a very rare wad/mod so I'm leaving the file.

Share this post


Link to post

Whatever wads you're playing wherein monsters actively target viles are changing their flags or giving you friendly monsters.

Get a cyberdemon to aggro a vile to it without attacking the cyber and you'll see the cyberdemon ignore that vile as if it wasn't there.

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×