• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Maser

Which Floaty Enemy Is Cutest?

Cutest Floaty Enemy?   

122 members have voted

1. 1. Which Is Cutest?

this is honestly pretty difficult. Cacodemons are definitely extremely cute and kura's pet the cacodemon pic is amazing. On the other hand, PEs are cute and innocent looking and also can be completely domesticated. Domestication definitely improves their value as a pet.

Hard question, but because Pain Elemental is irritating with all his buddies that attack from his mouth i will have to go with Caco.

Without question, the pain elemental. Tiny arms and such a cute waddle!

Cacodemon. It looks happier (bigger smile).

@MFG38's drawing actually looks like what a baby Cacodemon might look like. ("Yay Evil!" That's so cute.)

13 hours ago, InsanityBringer said:

this is honestly pretty difficult. Cacodemons are definitely extremely cute and kura's pet the cacodemon pic is amazing. On the other hand, PEs are cute and innocent looking and also can be completely domesticated. Domestication definitely improves their value as a pet.

While floating around, the single large wide eye and the kind of partially open mouth does make them look innocent and awkward. And then they open their mouths and erase all doubt.

By the way, have you seen them from the side? In the picture below (from DoomWiki's entry on the pain elemental), look at the one in the background.

image.png.5bd89302ea0fb3131f0dab4aa5dc3e85.png

That looks downright horrifying and not innocent in the slightest.

20 hours ago, StevenC21 said:

Goddamit @Memfis the Affrit is a custom mob. I have no reason whatsoever to get pissed off about this but I am! AFFRIT IS NOT AN OPTION!

19 hours ago, Archanhell said:

Affrit.

Well played, Archanhell, well played.

1 minute ago, Pegleg said:

That pic makes me sad!  The Hell Knight is in the process of bitch slapping that poor Pain Elemental who's only guilty of smiling and looking cute. :(

3 minutes ago, Pegleg said:

While floating around, the single large wide eye and the kind of partially open mouth does make them look innocent and awkward. And then they open their mouths and erase all doubt.

By the way, have you seen them from the side? In the picture below (from DoomWiki's entry on the pain elemental), look at the one in the background.

That looks downright horrifying and not innocent in the slightest.

Why The Pain Elemental Fire Cacodemon Ball? xD

Only one floaty enemy is cute enough to warrant me having it permanently etched on my skin...

The Cacodemon, of course. 

37 minutes ago, Maser said:

That pic makes me sad!  The Hell Knight is in the process of bitch slapping that poor Pain Elemental who's only guilty of smiling and looking cute. :(

I don't think it's possible for a hk to melee a PE. Monsters don't recognise PEs as targets, they only target lost souls and hit PEs with stray shots.

The PE is canonically friends with all demons.

24 minutes ago, Grain of Salt said:

I don't think it's possible for a hk to melee a PE. Monsters don't recognise PEs as targets, they only target lost souls and hit PEs with stray shots.

I beg to differ on that.  In the Doom 2 map "The Pit" I have watched first hand Pain Elementals and Imps fighting with eachother all the time.  Even seen the pink demons join in the fray. 

2 hours ago, Pegleg said:

Well played, Archanhell, well played.

Thank you very much :^)

2 hours ago, Grain of Salt said:

I don't think it's possible for a hk to melee a PE.

If you loaded it up in v1.4, the PE wouldn't fire souls at you. That version was before they were skull spitters.

Early screenshots of the game show the pain elemental firing the same fireball as the cacodemon, although the lost soul is still visible inside of it. If Doom II is loaded into the Doom 1.4 beta executable, pain elementals use the exact same attack sequence as cacodemons, including the ability to bite at melee range.

https://doomwiki.org/wiki/Pain_elemental

PEs will target other monsters.

Which doesn't sound very friendly to me.

Nothing will deliberately target a PE.

So, is it that nothing will target a PE, but will respond if attacked by a PE?

34 minutes ago, Pegleg said:

So, is it that nothing will target a PE, but will respond if attacked by a PE?

No, if attacked by a PE they'll target the lost soul that hit them.

Cacodemons are the least un-cute, I guess.. But if you look at the default design (as in, not totes adorbs fan art) both of them are pretty goddamn hideous, their shiny flesh looks like it would be constantly coated in some sort of awful smelling caco-sweat. Who knows what foul gasses they excrete from those glands on their rear!

That big dumb grin is pretty silly though I must admit

6 minutes ago, 42PercentHealth said:

image.png.7bf31b715626786985f1ad69daefaa26.png

^ Can someone make this a floaty enemy? Thx.

Only Need Someone Make The Sprites xD

From what I've observed, PEs are sweet, law-abiding creatures whom respect that there are others around who may not want to be mauled by a rogue cacodemon or unattended doomguy.

qBBJoeK.jpg

18 minutes ago, Fonze said:

From what I've observed, PEs are sweet, law-abiding creatures whom respect that there are others around who may not want to be mauled by a rogue cacodemon or unattended doomguy.

qBBJoeK.jpg

I NEED THESE 3

Why do people like the PE so much?  It looks like a potato with small arms and a weird eye.  Cacodemons on the other hand are like innocent squish orbs.

image.png.1a1d6abc144e9716c6a344b28da2bc6e.png<<<<just look

40 minutes ago, Doge Sword said:

Why do people like the PE so much?  It looks like a potato with small arms and a weird eye.  Cacodemons on the other hand are like innocent squish orbs.

image.png.1a1d6abc144e9716c6a344b28da2bc6e.png<<<<just look

PEs have arms that can actually hug you back if you want to hug them.  Plus, the PEs have a more appealing "alert" sound they make unlike the Cacos who sound like a fucking truck evacuating it's air brake pressure. 

10 minutes ago, Maser said:

PEs have arms that can actually hug you back if you want to hug them.  Plus, the PEs have a more appealing "alert" sound they make unlike the Cacos who sound like a fucking truck evacuating it's air brake pressure. 

they literally growl "oh hell".  How is that even remotely appealing?

Just now, Doge Sword said:

they literally growl "oh hell".  How is that even remotely appealing?

Because it's a quieter much subtle sound.  It's a much more welcoming sound that screams "hug me because I have arms to hug you back!"