Find results in...
Eradrop

Avactor last update is out

YOU GOT MY HOPES UP, I THOUGHT THIS WAS A RELEASE THREAD

Srsly, nice!

Edit: Woo! release

Edited by Catpho

Dayum, these sprites look amazing.

I'm definitely checking this out when it's ready, cool stuff.

That is incredibly good looking! I can see at least one new enemy in that trailer - that, presumably stationary, double chaingun thingy. Are the rest of the monsters have any changes made to them, besides sprite replacements?

Some minor changes:

Caco shoots a faster projectile but its HP reduced to 350.

Pain elemental does damage when exploding.

Imp shoots a little bit faster projectile.

Spider master mind hit box reduced to 192 and its first frame when attacking reduced from 20 tics to 10 tics so it making her much more harder like a real boss, (on my opinion)

Lost soul hp reduced to 90 hp so it will die by shotgun shot more often.

You can see two new enemies:

The first one like you said is the chaingun statue and other one is a new type of Demon.

The green demon is the standard one and the white is harder demon by all meaning: hp, speed, damage, chance to be pained etc.

looked as much as several times! like the atmosphere and style, and of course the music :)

wow very cool Trailer and screenshots, I'm new on this site and it's really impressive to see this. good job

Watching the trailer, I spotted new enemy type and different sprites for the monsters. Are you planning to update the weapons or modify their behavior in any way?

Looks promising by the way.

Well, There was an idea of making new sprites for weapons as well, but I decided not to touch the player's supplies and weapons sprites, since things like that should not be affected from the new environment.

By the way, from the few testers that helped me so far, they had they're own costume sprites for weapons, so I guess most of the people here already made a weapons pack they like.

7 hours ago, Eradrop said:

Well, There was an idea of making new sprites for weapons as well, but I decided not to touch the player's supplies and weapons sprites, since things like that should not be affected from the new environment.

By the way, from the few testers that helped me so far, they had they're own costume sprites for weapons, so I guess most of the people here already made a weapons pack they like.

nice skull-laden theme with undead warriors everywhere. pinkies look spooky. good job.

@Eradrop Would you mind giving a brief rundown for your project? How many maps are there - is it an episode length or a full megawad? How big are the maps - say, an average playthrough of the largest level goes for this many minutes? How difficult is it - are there any slaughtermaps, or is it a more mild adventure-like experience?

Yeah sure.

The wad include 12 maps: 10 regular maps + boss map and ending map.

The maps prertty huge, with big jungle areas and temples, some sort of mayan style. It's really reminds in some way my previous project: "Hide and Seek", but now it's for boom and gameplay of Doom.

Tried to put in all the kinds of game style, (also full parts of slaughtering) but my main target is to put the player into a huge adventure in the mayan islands, that's why the maplist was planned to be continues and not from pistol start, Although playing from pistol start is totally possible.

All the monsters have a new skin, to let them the same style as the maps.

There is one really huge maps with over 42000 lindefs and 1400~ monsters which take i guess 90-120 minutes to a player that never played it before,

but all the other maps running between 30-50 minutes

Release is near, hopefully next weekend

On 7/23/2018 at 12:19 AM, Eradrop said:

Pain elemental does damage when exploding.

Very clever.
Looking forward to play - everything looks very nice.

How much damage the exploding does? will it prevent the player from hugging the painelemental too death?

Probably yeah, it's has the same damage value as the Exploding barrel uses.

I was thinking how can I make the player stay away from the painelemental and at first I wanted to add her a melee attack. But in the end of thing I just made her damaging while exploding.

Honestly, you opened my mind about this issue again and I'll see, maybe melee attack can really fit well in addition.

Congrats on the release! Just gave this a very quick try, only until dying in each of the first two maps, immersion was real, man. Looks so amazing in every single way, that I can't wait to actually play this serious mode. One question, is the archvile in a different thing/actor placement? I could swear it was hit by a fireball and didn't turn immediately into the mancubus, but I may be wrong. Anyway, definitely playing this, someday (:

Also, are you planning to upload this in idgames? 

1 hour ago, Catpho said:

Just a heads-up: the PWAD is about 126 MB. Whoa O_o

IMHO for such large wads with OGG/MP3 soundtrack it's better to provide soundtrack as separate download.

1 hour ago, riderr3 said:

IMHO for such large wads with OGG/MP3 soundtrack it's better to provide soundtrack as separate download.

Looking at the wad file, it doesn't even have OGG/MP3 soundtracks. So, I guess the maps + the ressources, etc... make up for a total of 126/127 mb alone heh

Yup, indeed, the maps alone take up 63mb of the wad. This means roughly half of the total wad size. 

Edited by Yugiboy85

Congrats on the release !

I'm currently playing map 01, and I love what I see so far (particularly the gorgeous and immersive environments). The new monster sprites are excellent - I particularly like the Hell Knight and the Cacodemon.

As regards to the gameplay, I have approximately zero complaints so far, this is solid Doom II action with some spicy bits here and there. Some monsters' projectile speed seems to have been increased, but I'll get used to it.

I died in the very first secret

Spoiler

with the crushers

. Man, that's devious, but it goes nicely with the map name and the overall theme. :)