Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Xegethra

GTA Doom. v5.3 - WIP

That's a lot of ambitious stuff in it. I'm worrying if i can even play it when its done.

Yeah it's quite big, there is a lot there just in map alone. For now I have got what I wanted in. The other stuff would have to wait. It was a headache making the trains work.

Good lord, I have to try that, even if it only runs as a slideshow on my laptop. ;/

21 hours ago, Uni said:

GTA yet not a single car. What? :P

Haha I know, maybe one day. I know somebody who may be able to model them too but since looking up ways to pull off a road vehicle I think it's a bit beyond what I would really like. I'd like traffic to drive around, but then I'd have to figure out the spawning and path-finding and how it is detected by the players and all that. I may be able to make static parked vehicles you can nab, I am looking into that.

Maybe when Risto's Doomloader gets more headway in supporting custom maps I can see about adding new things through that, maybe make it run better if my understanding of it is right? Well either way, I'm still gonna look into the car thing.

20 hours ago, Gaia74 said:

The map is delicius

Why thank you, I really tried to make it a believable place, well in the confines of a video game of course and there is still a ways to go somewhat.

Edited by Xegethra

That would be nice but I don't think it can be convincingly done, then I'd have to make night time textures and lighting....A separate night time map might be more doable but not for now.

Very impressive!

I wish you could have cut out fragments of the maps as multiplayer deathmatch. That would be really cool.

Oh the map is amazing! Truly GTA in 3D. (But I still feel the weapons are too Doom-ish.) I want to drive across it and pretty sure in previous versions of GTA Doom there were cars...

36 minutes ago, Mere_Duke said:

Oh the map is amazing! Truly GTA in 3D. (But I still feel the weapons are too Doom-ish.) I want to drive across it and pretty sure in previous versions of GTA Doom there were cars...

There were cars, but static ones you couldn't drive. I took them out because they didn't do anything. I'm still trying to figure them out.

On 8/2/2018 at 11:38 PM, _reallyTired said:

i really wish culling would be implimented in doom source ports, especially the fully 3d ones like GZDoom

On 8/2/2018 at 2:44 PM, ChrisVR said:

Very impressive!

I wish you could have cut out fragments of the maps as multiplayer deathmatch. That would be really cool.

I just wish that the source ports could handle larger maps. If the capability is there, more people would make them, justifying the support for them more. I wanted to see how big I could get away with making it....I think I have reached that for sure. Culling would be nice, some way to hide the map. As for compartmentalising the sections of map, maybe at some point. There could be the bigger free roam map and the cut up areas as other levels.

1 minute ago, Xegethra said:

There were cars, but static ones you couldn't drive. I took them out because they didn't do anything. I'm still trying to figure them out.

The mod called Grezzo have that drivable cars. Very basic ones, but still a vehicles. And the last installment of Brutal Doom have very cool vehicles too. Probably you can take code from there with a permission.

The problem with this map is that you have zero one-sided lines. The entire city is being drawn by the engine at the same time. The solution to this would be 1) Dividing the map into "hubs" (not necessarily using Hexen-styled hubs, but dividing the islands with teleport lines so they can be rendered as different "rooms"), and 2) adding some invisible giant "walls" inside the tallest buildings so they could block the engine's view of what is behind it. If you want, I can take a look at this later to see if I can do something to improve the performance, and add vehicles. This is a very interesting project.

Also, about the vehicles, some years ago I made a vehicle mod that could work with this.

7 minutes ago, Sergeant_Mark_IV said:

Also, about the vehicles, some years ago I made a vehicle mod that could work with this.

Oh, it was you who made it. :D I remember that bike, did someone use it in their mods/maps?

Can you tell me the filename because it's still on my HDD but I can't remember the exact place?

24 minutes ago, Sergeant_Mark_IV said:

The problem with this map is that you have zero one-sided lines. The entire city is being drawn by the engine at the same time. The solution to this would be 1) Dividing the map into "hubs" (not necessarily using Hexen-styled hubs, but dividing the islands with teleport lines so they can be rendered as different "rooms"), and 2) adding some invisible giant "walls" inside the tallest buildings so they could block the engine's view of what is behind it. If you want, I can take a look at this later to see if I can do something to improve the performance, and add vehicles. This is a very interesting project.

Ah I see, sort of how interiors are usually done? But with chunks of land. But yeah if you wanna have a look at the map then go ahead, thanks for that. I'll credit you on anything you do.

Also that bike looks cool. Looks like it has some pretty fun physics too. A friend of mine did say they would be interested in modelling some low poly cars but nothing as of yet.

On 7/29/2019 at 12:17 PM, MicheleIsoli2005 said:

Very beautifull! just one question: how do I get into buildings? (as in the trailer)

I'm sorry, I didn't catch your question! A couple of buildings have openings on the roadside. They have stairs that will lead up to rooftops.

But yeah, I have updated the WAD. There is a working subway now.

Amazing! This is one of the best maps I have ever seen, looks really promising. I'd love to see what more can be done.

About the vehicles and the police getting in them (I noticed you talked about that in the readme), they were already done in Doom Center, maybe you can use the same coding for it.

Look at 6:54, you can get in the cars and drive them too.

Hi, I'm trying to run GTADoom v5.3 but I'm getting an error.
I tried using gzdoom 4.10.0. But I also tried outdated gzdoom 4.6.1. I tried DOOM2.WAD and DOOM.WAD. Which particular version of gzdoom exactly works with this mod? Perhaps I need some more files?

Execution could not continue.
Script error, "Vehicles.pk3:modeldef" line 3:
MODELDEF: Unknown actor type 'TrainCarriage1'

1.jpg.42994e545be47b31aa75273a7996396b.jpg

Here is a list of files in my GZDoom folder:

2.jpg

3.jpg.4caf68bf5274a52c6442f54e6d0c89ea.jpg

Hey there . I've tried running the mod .but none of the vehicles load . It starts in any of the source ports o tried . There are invisible  honking cars and an error message about "needing more than 2 nodes" . 

Any idea ? Also ..is this mod dead ? 

Screenshot_20230517-120942831.jpg