Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Best game?  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Doom games

Oh hands down Doom 2.  It's 0900 right now and I'm drinking beer and playing Doom 2 and currently getting my ass handed to me by Arachnotrons on the map "Downtown". 

I always struggle with this question because in my mind the order goes:

E1 > Doom 2 > E2 > E3 > (>>>>>>) E4.

So I guess Doom 2, but that feels wrong to discount just how good E1 is.

Freedoom is my favorite, both phases. It feels so different compared to doom. The soundtrack is very reminiscent of megaman, the art looks great, and really just everything about it is great.

57 minutes ago, Aquila Chrysaetos said:

E4 > Doom II > E1 > E2 > E3. Fight me.

I know I'm unique in this, but I just don't like E4. From the meaningless map names to the total lack of a coherent feeling of "place", it seems like an episode of random levels just chucked in together. They're not bad maps at all, but as a thematic continuation of the Doom experience, it just doesn't work that well.

I felt E4 was intended to be its own thing, and I thought it accomplished that pretty well.

I do, however, agree with you that there isn't a real sense of place and it doesn't make sense as a continuation of Doom.

Had it been released as a standalone with maybe about 12 maps, I think it might've been received a little better.

E2 > E1 > Doom 2 > E3 > E4

Yes, i like E2 more than E1, shores of hell has always been my favorite episode of doom, Doom 2 has some very bad levels (*COUGH* nirvana *COUGH*) and others that i dislike but overall it has a higher quality than Inferno, not to mention it introduced some classic monsters, as for Thy Flesh Consumed... i don't like it that much, can't put my finger on it, but it feels odd when compared with the other 3 episodes. Feels kinda inconsistent

My order would be Plutonia >= E1 > E3 > Doom 2 >= E4 > E2 >(>>>>) TNT. But all are pretty good.

Plutonia and E1 are consistently great and reach the top of my list because of that. E3, Doom 2, and E4 are also good but their quality does vary quite a bit. E2 is alright, since it's mostly just decent with a few standouts. TNT is at the bottom since some maps are downright terrible. Haven't played Freedoom enough to have an opinion on it.

The Ultimate Doom. Better level design than Doom 2, better weapon balance too. 

Doom 2 only for the SSG and added monsters. It does have some very memorable levels too.

What I think about people who chosen Doom 2 and didn't wrote a reason: just because it has the super shotgun and "new" monsters

Plutonia/E1 > E4 > E2 > D2 > E3 > TNT

Edited by Phoenix Wright : Deleted my shitty reasoning

ok here we go

Plutonia > Doom 2 > TNT >>>>>>> Doom 1

the game just isn't very fun without the d2 stuff

Edited by AD_79

2 hours ago, Phoenix Wright said:

What I think about people who chosen Doom 2 and didn't wrote a reason: just because it has the super shotgun and "new" monsters

Plutonia/E1 > E4 > E2 > D2 > E3 > TNT

Doom 64 doesn't count as a classic game? Okay then...

Tbh, I only liked Episode 1 and Plutonia, these are the best. These are the only classic games (other than D64), which I enjoyed playing (, even if I shit at playing Plutonia on UV).

I liked Episode 2 until Deimos Lab, where I got bored and left. I'm not a fan of the techbase-hell mix, but it was still better than the E3 design

Episode 3: Some maps were really good, but the others were bad/meh, and the music choice doesn't helped me with continuing the episode.

Episode 4: That was OK. My favourites from this were the first three levels (E4M3, not the secret level)

Doom 2: First 8-9 and a few levels from the other parts was great, but Refueling Base and the other maps killed my character and  enthusiasm.

TNT: Played the first 7 levels and Pharaoh. Pharaoh was really good for a secret level.

I'm talkin about pc games.

Doom1

because it's more creepy and scary. Doom 2 is good, a lot of the levels pissed me off..

but it did have a lot of action

Doom 2 > Doom 1 > Plutonia > TNT

I may be presenting a bit of a bias here, but Doom 2 was the first out of the classic titles that I played and the one I've played the most, so I basically know those levels like the back of my hand. That and the levels in Doom 2, in a way, "set the bar" for what I'd expect out of Doom 1 and Final Doom. That's not to say they didn't meet those expectations, but some of the level layouts, especially in Final Doom, were occasionally confusing to the point where I got downright frustrated with them. Which never happened with Doom 2, funnily enough.

Doom 1 would otherwise be at the bottom of the list for me, if only because its beastiary/armory has less variety as opposed to Doom 2's, if it weren't for the previously stated problem that I have with Final Doom.

23 minutes ago, CasualScrub said:

Doom 1 for me. Never was a big fan of Doom 2's design and aesthetic.

Same here, I feel nauseous when playing it, no joke..so I never play it anymore. Love the new monsters but I don't really enjoy the rest of it.

For me it would be Doom 1 mostly for nostalgic reason and fun not hard but not easy gameplay and wise design. Closely after  D1 will be TNT, i really like few level design ideas they came up with.