Find results in...
Linguica

Have you ever played... Part II: Electric Boogaloo

Have you ever played Dystopia 3?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Have you ever played Dystopia 3?

• Yes
    • No

yeah I have played it. Fredrik suggested doing a TAS speedmovie through it, but it never got done.

never heard of it. the few responses lead me to believe its a good set of pwads. where can I get it so I can put in my two lincolns?

I haven't played it, although I've visited a couple of maps.

VileSlay said:

where can I get it so I can put in my two lincolns?

Doomsearch. Always look there 1st.

Oh, it's called dyst3.zip

DOOM Anomaly, sorce part, eh? Heh, I guess you mean "source port." And no. This is a classic WAD from the pre-source days.

Played it, made a bunch of demos for it too, way back (and more recently re-recorded map11 for dsda). Kickarss maps from start to finish, well, maybe with the exception of map09, dull one. Map07, 08 and 11 shine. Probably some of the most innovative maps for their time.

Similar to Requiem. I also believe that the people who made some of the levels of HACX must have been inspired by these levels.

Also I think I have seen some places in Alien Vendetta that reminds me of this wad set.

The end-level joke might not be the most clever but the implementation definately is!

WARNING TO DOWNLOADERS: If you plan to download this old classic remember that the file is dyst3.zip NOT dystopia.zip!

Dystopia.zip includes two files: nice.wad and nicetex.wad. It includes textures from the real Dystopia, obviously stolen, but the level design is sub-par.

myk said:

DOOM Anomaly, sorce part, eh? Heh, I guess you mean "source port." And no. This is a classic WAD from the pre-source days.

Well I was tired dont expect me to get everything right, besides, Im different :)...O ya thx

Yes, dystopia3 rulZ! Iika and Adelusion are two of the best map designers in Classic Doom's history.
Find some similarities between Iika Dystopia's maps and some of Requiem (map 13 and map 22 come to mind).

Cya

Have indeed played it. Wonderful WAD - unfortunately lacking a consistent theme, but with some incredibly well designed levels.

And that TAS speedrun might still come some day. The reason why I started looking at making one was that I found shortcuts in most of the levels (I know some in MAP01, MAP03, MAP04 and MAP05, there are others...). Tricks similar to those in DOOM2, very fun to do.

was playing thru dystopia 3, which is really fun BTW, last night when I found a familiar level. level 8 was released by iika as a single pwad called mines. the one one in dystopia had more variety of enemies, which threw me for a loop, as I was used to the enemy placement in mines.wad. I wonder how many other levels in there were released as stand-alone pwads, and how different they are from the ones in dystopia.

Yeah, I do remember dystopia3, it's one of those wads with great graphics and little ammo. I've never liked those too much. It's so boring to kill all the demons with chainsaw and always look how much ammo you have. I prefer wads with lots of action and more ammo.

the ending of level 11 is great, die microsoft! but as doomer 4ever stated there is a lack of sufficient ammo in some levels. other than that its great.

Well i just finished it, and its a great wad imo, very neat texturez and all, but I must say there was a tiny bit of ammo lacking in some parts but otherwise...Great :)