Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Doge Sword

The Arch Files - my first mod

Posted (edited)

So technically this isn't my first mod, but I think of it that way because my other mods suck (yes, even more than this one).  Don't rename the wad (you can rename the zip, though), because it will cause it not to work.  

this is a monster replacement mod.  it is VERY VERY difficult. (even on entryway it is hard)

SMASH THAT I DON'T CARE BUTTON AND UNSUBSCRIBE FROM EVERYONE!!!! and have a refined day

DECORATE_the_arch_files.zip

bugs:

sometimes tripwires don't work

how to run:

1. put the wad files in folder with q/g/zdoom (I don't know if others work)

2. open cmd from that folder (you may have to move it there if it is not there already)

3. type "gzdoom -file decorate_the_arch_files.wad diabolist.wad [any other wad you want to load]"

4. hit enter

5. you have loaded the mod

Edited by Doge Sword

4 hours ago, Doge Sword said:

So technically this isn't my first mod, but I think of it that way because my other mods suck (yes, even more than this one). 

I understand trying to endearing with the self-deprecation, but you're not really selling your mod well by telling us it sucks.

It's sort of like telling your significant other that the food he/she just cooked you tastes better than the food you ate at the restaurant last night, but last night, you said that the restaurant's food tasted like reheated sewage.

See what I'm getting at?

Also, what Myst.Haruko posted. Seriously, read it.

5 hours ago, Doge Sword said:

bugs:

sometimes tripwires don't work

Try the following:

• Check that your tags are correct.
    • In other words, make sure your lines are W1 or WR and not S1, SR, D1, DR, G1, or GR.
    • Furthermore, make sure your W1 or WR lines are for the action you intend to happen (for example, W1 Door Open and Stay instead of W1 Ceiling Close).
  • Make sure that your linedef tags correspond to the appropriate sector.
    • In other words, suppose that you have a W1 line that is supposed to open a hidden door in the wall exposing a monster closet. Say that linedef is tag 1. Make sure that the sector corresponding to the hidden door is tagged with 1 and not some other number.
  • If you have your tags correct and they're tagged to match the appropriate sector, try putting them at angles (instead of just vertical or horizontal) or doubling them up, just in case you're running over them.

I didn't make the levels; this is a mod.  Sometimes the mod just breaks tripwires.  I didn't do anything that should have modified the build of the levels.  This information will be quite useful to me in other times though.  Thanks.