Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
CasualScrub

Popular/highly rated WAD's you're not a fan of?

TNT: Evilution. Aside from a few awesome maps, it's mostly filler and totally boring for me.

Also obligatory brutal doom sucks comment. Kill it with fire. I do appreciate how it's drawn more people into playing doom, but it's kind of hilarious how most bd players are so feeble-minded and don't try playing the game with any other mod (or vanilla, for that matter). And especially considering that there are so many fantastic mods out there (and no, I'm not talking about project brutality lol).

1 hour ago, Firedust said:

Also obligatory brutal doom sucks comment. Kill it with fire.

33d.jpg

Hating a mod because others like it is really narrow minded. Like hating something because of popularity in general. 

No one is hating it because people like it. I'm just saying it sucks. For gameplay reasons. And yes, that's subjuctive. It's like with music. I love metal, but crap like nu metal, metalcore, djent, or slipknot all need to go away. Like forever. And it's just my opinion lol. I never said that people don't have the right to enjoy what they do. I'm just saying that bd fans are feeble-minded cause they don't try to play doom in any other way. That's all.

Anyhow, apologies for derailing the thread, I'm not going to start one of those silly "bd sucks because reasons" discussions, because we all know what the mod's fans are like and how they childishly react to somebody saying that the mod isn't too great lmfao.

14 minutes ago, Firedust said:

I'm just saying it sucks. For gameplay reasons.

No you didn't say that at all :) All you said is that it's stupid that it's so popular and were hating it because people play it. Scroll up and see for yourself. 

Your reply was much more reasonable, but your first comment was just bashing on people playing the mod. I don't like how you generalize the fanbase either, and it still feels like it's your primary reason why the mod sucks as you didn't talk about the gameplay in your second comment either, only about the players again. 

Okay, you're right. I should've been more specific. The problem is, most doom wads are designed and balanced for mods that don't change the vanilla gameplay as much. BD makes certain encounters either very hard or very easy, depending on what enemies you are facing and what weapons you've got. Plus, the gory stuff just sometimes seems... unhealthy to me. Also, I apologize for making general statements regarding the fanbase. It's just every discussion I've seen about bd here only seemed to have gone one way. I was just being effing stupid, because, as is the case with anything, there are, of course, people who enjoy bd and don't act that way. Peace out.

sadly this is true for almost all wads people like out there: tnt, hr, scythe, mm, requiem, ksutra, icarus and many more.

some wads I like: doom2, doom, plutonia, pl2, avj and not many more ;)

Cyberdreams - yeah, nice concept and stuff, but many levels feel very similar and waiting for crushers all the time sucks. AVJ is much better! :)

12 hours ago, Lampenpam said:

your first comment was just bashing on people playing the mod

People Playing The Mod are amoral, unintelligent and lacking in personal hygiene.

8 hours ago, Grain of Salt said:

People Playing The Mod are amoral, unintelligent and lacking in personal hygiene.

Except that there is no real proof here about your claim.

@Cacodemon345

Why even reply to a post this retarded? It's just bait. Though it's a bit sad that people are liking this post, not realizing that they make they own community look bad by supporting trolls comments. >_>'

@Lampenpam

Rule number ONE to apply on internet and everyday life: Don't take negative criticisms like as a personal attack, it is a opinion like any other.

Unfortunately the Memento Mori is one of my least favorite Megawads, it has some really mediocre maps in it, some of them are clusterphobic that I couldn't move around, some stupid stuff like putting you against a Baron of Hell in small rooms, switch hunts in Map28 , some retarted secret tags in Map16, a Tedius backtracking in Map20, there are a lot of stuff that I complain about this game that I can't count.

And Hell Revealed and HR2 as well.