Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Omnedeus

Beyond Hell

More information:

The current uploaded unity build is for the PERIPHERAL devices.

The actual game Beyond Hell is sitting on at least 10 different hard drives. Due to me being hobo poor, I have to slave during the dayz, and upload filez if/when I can. To be honest, it will probably be a month or two before I can upload somethin for all of us to try.

In the meantime:

A peripheral can be;

1- "Lighthouse like" tracker.

Kinda like the HTC Vive, you can use extra Android powered devices, and hang them around the room. You can also get some nice outdoor stable deer trackers/Go Pro's, and convert outdoor areas.

2- A HEADSET

Preferably the GearVR + (later) line of phones in a stereoscope

This is the "HEADSET". You know, that brick you slap to your head and look around with the camera feed? This device will give you the greatest "immersion".

3- A Shield, Gun Sight, Sword, Pickaxe, w/e

You can hold larger higher powered tablets in front of you Pokemon Go style. For Doom it's best to use nerf guns. Or u can be cool like me, and master craft real weapons & armor for some Diablo style Schenanigans;

20180607_101302.jpg.c74ec1d4b1b9f1205519f701886ff132.jpg

Game Dev Day 1: Beyond Hell

BBH.jpg.2d82ad03ed59634c64643c85a220dc94.jpg

Yes, the date is real.

2112522922_clocktower.jpg.0f2740ac84c1f5ad75e713c8cf7cdd4d.jpg

You know what would be cool? If the levels of Beyond Hell were the levels of Dracula's Castle; Symphony of the Night style.

I would like to ask the mods a favor:

In the next few days I'm going to be listing some of the gamedev spells on ebay. Think of them like trading cards, except you can use them to program the game (Cast spells, create storyline, etc). 971940027_MasterofMiasma.jpg.b3847e4fc05c952038921f21790da454.jpge

If there are rules on DoomWorld forbidding PR of an eBay sale to raise funds to aid my game dev, could one of you please PM me? I don't want to have this account blocked; This IS a legitimate game. If you guys want schnazzy PR videos and AAA game company funding, wait for DoomTooToo (doom eternal) coming out :P. I'd consider a Kickstarter/Indiegogo campaign, but ebay/faceboo gives me better returns.

Finally? is there anyone here who uses Discord and is a game dev with Unity experience? You can probably help me regurgitate all these Gigabytes of game stuff to the forums better than I.

Thanx

It's a LARPING/RPG/FPS engine, which allows you to use trading cards to program and design your adventures. 

The Doom Shareware assets are included for free. Over the past few years, I've been writing/building/designing a game in the world of Doom.

On 7/25/2018 at 2:16 AM, Aquila Chrysaetos said:

In the context of Doom, a game is an IWAD, the Master Levels are 20 separate wads and aren't recognized as a specific IWAD.

Do you mean selected levels from 20 different WADs compiled to a single WAD?

Ok this stuff was amusing at first but now he has started spamming people (myself included) with endless PMs asking them to join him in making his game. To be honest I am still not sure if this guy is a troll or if he's just insane. His insane comments suggest he's a troll, but a troll would not typically be willing to spend so much time creating all this weird (if not impressive) artwork.

No, I wouldn't troll something like this.

I like to Jest. Smile mr.greencrakodemon :)

I messaged all the people who followed if they wanted to betatest the game, because right now I'm at the point to release the content. You already said you weren't interested, so I asked if you could help me find others who could betatest. Two PM's only counts as endless if you can't count to 3 :P. This was offered as a reward to those of you who immediately wanted to follow my project.

Unity doesn't use the traditional WAD compiling/folder structure. That's tech nearly 30 years old. 

The fact is I've been developing the tech experimentally since Google Glass. I've been floating through countless devs before I settled on the Unity engine, which allowed me to use the troves of shareware open source code. Furthermore, ALL mixed reality tracking technologies are written for the Unity engine. Unity allows me to build on multiple devices, which is important for the weight&power ratio of contemporary gaming hardware.

As for the game, no it's not a Troll. Down the line, I'm planning on capturing/adding the 2015 high poly DOOM monsters for floating frame (pokemon go) gaming on high end gaming tablets. Nothing stops it from using contemporary models other than;

The reason for the oldschool spritesheets is because for outdoor mixed reality, (I goto a state park, and hike the blue trail fighting doom monsters along the way), weight is a major concern. To render the 2015 doom monsters stereoscopically on an Oculus Rift would require a laptop and battery pack. The weight of which is about 10-15lbs, and only last a few hours. Each of the doom monster's spritesheets is only about 25kb (that's KILOBITES), loaded into texture memory. With such a low footprint, the remaining processing power is used for image triangulation, (anchoring the doom monsters to the real world). The cost of such devices is approx 2500$USD

Instead, my application you can use any contemporary smart phone. If you want to see it in "mixed reality", you need a higher powered modern phone + stereoscope, (I use a galaxy S6).

Here's a REALLY REALLY old vid I did using the Killing Floor 2 Models in an indoor holodeck array;

Edited by Omnedeus : I'm awesome!

The people who followed this thread probably had the setting turned on that makes them follow content they post on. I do not, so I didn't "follow" this thread.

Most likely this happened by accident, which means as far as these people are concerned, you started messaging them out of the blue like that, which is hardcore_gamer's point and reasoning that he thinks you're a troll.

Ah, Danke.

I'm sorry for the misunderstanding. Yes, I assumed people wanted to follow the development so I just personally messaged you guys and asked if u wanted to try the beta.

I'm not as much interested as I'm curious about this. I mean, I'm still not 100% sure what this is, just that it's a mixed reality thing and there are cards involved.

It was made in Pennsylvania hardcore gamer :)

I updated the first post with a comic where I explain it more. Hopefully it will clear up some of the confusion. Sadly, I can't just SHOW all of you the experience, because nobody will give me a place to install it.

I understand Kveller. It's like trying to explain computer games to people who play board games. The technology is still so new, people have little/no frame of reference on what to compare it to. I've been dragged into countless microsoft investor meetings over the years, and even they have a hard time grasping what exactly mixed reality gaming really is.

The goal is to reproduce a Star Trek holodeck. Think of this like HTC Vive like gameplay, but not limited to the small lighthouse tracking room you setup in your house. The goal was always to convert largscale properties, (hershey park, schools, offices, etc), so we could add doom monsters to the Lasertag experience. This IS possible right now with my uploaded build. I just need places to set it up.

This is why I asked some of you for assistance. I'm pretty much doing this all on my own, and I really need help both setting up game locations, AND building/networking this software. I don't have ID software, nor microsoft funding. The more assistance I have, the greater the chance of bringing this awesome magical tech to you!

In a perfect world where I have thousands of dollars of disposable income; I could rent out a property, purchase the ceiling tiles, paint them, install them, and then invite 32 people to my holodeck to play Mixed Reality Doom. Unlike the Vive, players would physically run around the game levels, and it would run on all modern cell phones. It's a FAR cheaper & more immersive form of mixed reality entertainment over the existing methods. Best of all; It's all nearly free! Vuforia and Unity are the only two licenses that need to be paid, and Vuforia's license is just a 1 time fee if I take it to market. 

Think and separate the project into different catigories also helps:

The Game (what I developed, including the trading cards)

The tracking Technology (How does the game give a HTC Vive-like experience on Gear VR Galaxy S6?)

The methods of experience (Outdoor random encounter image targets vs indoor ceiling arrays).

Finally; Everyone please be patient. I'm not Valve Software. I don't have a huge PR team and piles of dollars. Information is released upon completion & only when I can verify it via a build. I will try to answer questions if they are posted. 

Thanks!

So.. the project is a VR version of doom in the unity engine with trading cards basically.

I'm not going to be ignorant and say this can't be done, because I'm sure it can somehow.

But I will say considering how good your art work is, WTF are you doing this with Doom and the unity engine? when you could clearly make up your own universe so to speak and also create an original basic prototype in which to show people?

Instead of talking about 4/5 different things, confusing the shit out of everyone and looking like a nut case? 

It's a matter of selflessness over selfishness most denizens of Doom simply can't understand; which is why I'm a real Doomslayer :).

You should see me in NYC giving money to homeless. 

So, it's Friday at 1PM, and I'm giving myself the weekend to design the "initial tease" video game level.  I would like to record something which impresses the forum trolls, so I'm thinking of the following game level:

- Game level 1: In back yard. Walk up to random spawner cubes, spawn some various doom monsters, shoot/slay/save them.

- Game level 2: At Hot Gate of Hell, travel down railroad track to hot gate s/s/s pinkys until I get to gate which spawns an infinite hoard 300 style.

Instead of using the arsenal of doom weapons, I'll use my blessed weapons & armor.

The two videos will be recorded on my broken Galaxy S6, and won't feature networking cameras. (I don't have a data plan and the Hot Gate is several miles away from phone service.)

Edited by Omnedeus : I can!

36 minutes ago, Nevander said:

What in the actual fuck IS this thread? I'm so confused.

From what I can gather it's some kind of 3DO style pre-recorded video footage interactive Doom game with card playing elements made in Unity. Yea I am confused also :/

That's some pretty good artwork, but, i think my mind collapsed on itself after reading some of OP's posts and trying to understand what is he/she trying to achieve.

No one knew what fuck it was supposed to be. Thus spake John, "This is some good shit" 

Revelations 4:20

On 7/24/2018 at 2:09 PM, Omnedeus said:

To be frank, everyone believes "VR/AR/MR is just a FAD"

At one time, electric lights were considered to be nothing more than a carnival attraction.

I can't tell if I'm dreaming when I read some of these threads, but assuming this is a serious project, I'd recommend a more practical, business-oriented angle when trying to convince offices to let you paint their ceilings. Tackling that particular obstacle will likely require some creativity. 

God speed.

I remember hearing about an actually crazy dude that said he made an incredibly advanced version of Doom, is this the sequel to that man???????????

I uploaded more pics.

What would be even more amazing, is if it was actually like...... several games I've been working on while testing Mixed Reality android/IOS tablet based game design for Microsoft.

As far as business oriented; For two years I wrote standard business proposals to investors & VC. Got all of that sitting on hard drives as well.

But I find this far more gratifying.

I'd be happy to test this but I have no VR headset and I only have $600ish.  I'll probably get one in 2022 (bonus points if you know what I am referencing), but if I get one sooner I'll let you know.

Good luck.

You don't need vr headsets to play the game.

Instead, it's BUILT with the following:

(requirements to play games)

- game grids built with either android/ios/windows tablets

- a main server super pc with an array of cameras

- or a ceiling mounted work of art.

It's EXPERIENCED with the following:

- An android/ios/windows phone/tablet with a camera on the back (most devices).

* Higher the camera's framerate, the faster & better the tracking. 

* Nearly any device will work. My tester devices are the cheapest 40$ track phones I can buy at WalMart.

- A Google Cardboard-type setup.

- A Google Daydream equivilant phone device & Bluetooth controller

* At least 60fps camera. Preferably 120 (Google Pixel phones with slowmotion camera are excellent with this!).

- A HACKED GearVR phone & stereoscope

* You tape the phone to the headset instead of plugging it into oculus services.(you flip open the usb port so it's not plugged in). It may be ridiculious, but it's the only way I've found to get around all of their crappy software. I haven't bothered with the controller yet. 

If you want to test, I suggest the following:

- Have a PC with a LOT of spare webcams, (20+). 

- Have a party, and invite 20 friends over to your house. Tell them to bring all their phones & devices.

- Have access to a property where you can paint the ceiling tiles. (Teachers at a school & want an art project with the students!)

Ok, I have no webcams other than the one on my pc or phone.  I don't think I could paint a ceiling, but is this necessary?  What does it do for the game?