Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Omnedeus

Beyond Hell

It's different ways of setting up the game. A ceiling array is for a lasertag arena. 

I suggest my partnership with Yum Foods! approach for the 99% of us without a silver spoon.

You will need the following:

MINIMUM SPECS

- ONE FRIEND (so there are two of you) EACH with the following:

- 1 cell phone, (higher powered the better. Preferably with a DATA plan, otherwise you will need WIFI which greatly limits where u can setup games).

- 1 Pizza Box, (your shield. Acts as a tracking helper for your phone, so you can run & dodge imp fireballs far more easily). 

- 1 Large Disposable Plastic Soda Cup with the plastic top, (Drink soda first!)

- 1 5ft length of pvc pipe, (1/2 inch thickness or smaller).

- 1 6ft Fiberglass yard rod, (Purchase at ACE, Home Depot, Lowes)

- 1 Hammer

- Glue, Sharpies, duct tape

The game currently uses magic spells to kill the slavers of D00M. These will need to be purchased on my ebay store once I finish recording the demo videos. I'll also be selling some assembled shield kits for those of you who want to support the " new John Romero of mixed reality d00m".

The pizza box and soda cups are free if you walk into a pizza hut (you can use any brand supplies). Or, you can be cool and and have it delivered to you with pizza and soda inside. The PVC pipe and fiberglass yard rods are needed to anchor the digital game world to wherever you will be setting up your games. you can buy 6ft orange rods for 1.69$ in the lawn and garden section, and 1/2 inch PVC pipe for 2.99$. If you're lucky, they will be selling it in 8ft lengths. If so, just ask a salesman to cut it in half for you.

For the Cell Phone, you will be networking between you and your friend to anchor the game world in real world locations. It's preferable to use wifi (free), however doom levels can be extremely large, (think how large E1M1 is IRL!). It's best to setup games in a park or empty baseball field. If you don't have access to such a large space, I strongly suggest at least a tennis court sized area that is clear and free from debris. While later versions will be capable of VR, this version will be taped to your shield, and you will look through it like a viewport. There are a few things to keep in mind when selecting your viewport:

- Higher framerate camera & battery life are FAR MORE IMPORTANT THAN ANYTHING ELSE! The higher the framerate of your camera, the faster you or your friend can move in the game. The higher the screen capture resolution of your camera, the greater the distance your friend can remain before tracking is lost. Here are three different "average suggestions";

30fps (WALMART TRAK PHONE): All modern cell phones & tablets can record at LEAST 720 resolution. At this distance, an xtra large shield can be tracked about 15ft at walking speed around each anchor.

60fps (FIRST WAVE OF VR CAPABLE PHONES= GEAR VR GALAXY S6 TYPE PHONES (2013-2016): These phones capture at 60fps and provide excellent tracking. My S6 is cracked in half with a damaged camera, and can still track targets up to 20ft. Furthermore, at 60fps the camera captures the world very smoothly, and I can render a lot of doom demons simultaneously. I can also increase specs to medium for great sprite actions. I can track up to two shields simultaneously while casting my own magic spells.

120fps (SECOND WAVE MIXED REALITY CAPABLE PHONES= Google Pixel 2 (Modern): These phones have high framerate cameras which can track at incredible speeds. Commonly called "high speed recording", they can playback slow-motion video. I haven't been able to test these phones, however both you and your friend should be able to run at full speed around the tracking targets.

I'll be posting some demo videos later about how to assemble everything. I finished the first spell & will be selling it soon on eBay to raise funds for continued development. If any of you can guess what it is, I'll give you one for free & s00per charge it.

At this point I am almost convinced that he's just fucking with us. Nobody can be this insane. Every single time he tries to explain his "game" I am just left more confused than before.

1 minute ago, hardcore_gamer said:

At this point I am almost convinced that he's just fucking with us. Nobody can be this insane. Every single time he tries to explain his "game" I am just left more confused than before.

You weren't sure that he was fucking with us at the beginning? Really?

Adults and Children are impatient and quick to anger

Only adults lack the intelligence or wisdom of imagination.

There's a Flying Cybermind on the sky, what do I do Omnedeus? Do I eat Skittles(tm) and punch it to death?

4 hours ago, Omnedeus said:

MINIMUM SPECS

- 1 cell phone, (higher powered the better. Preferably with a DATA plan, otherwise you will need WIFI which greatly limits where u can setup games).

- 1 Pizza Box, (your shield. Acts as a tracking helper for your phone, so you can run & dodge imp fireballs far more easily). 

- 1 Hammer

I have:

cell phone - yes

pizza box - no but I have an actual shield :)

plastic soda cup - yep

5 ft pvc pipe - yes (may be longer by a little)

6ft fiberglass yard rod - no

hammer - check

glue - yes

sharpie - yes

duct tape - yes again

friend has:

cell phone - yes

pizza box - probably

plastic soda cuup - probably but I have extra 

5 ft pvc pipe - I assume so

6 ft fiberglass rod - no clue

hammer - definitely

glue, sharpies, and duct tape - could use mine

What do I even do with this random stuff?????

7 hours ago, Doge Sword said:

I have:

cell phone - yes

pizza box - no but I have an actual shield :)

plastic soda cup - yep

5 ft pvc pipe - yes (may be longer by a little)

6ft fiberglass yard rod - no

hammer - check

glue - yes

sharpie - yes

duct tape - yes again

friend has:

cell phone - yes

pizza box - probably

plastic soda cuup - probably but I have extra 

5 ft pvc pipe - I assume so

6 ft fiberglass rod - no clue

hammer - definitely

glue, sharpies, and duct tape - could use mine

What do I even do with this random stuff?????

kek

I've never seen a more pathetic, yet successful attempt to garner attention and views. OP you're abolutely pitiful.

On 8/21/2018 at 2:34 PM, Omnedeus said:

It's different ways of setting up the game. A ceiling array is for a lasertag arena. 

I suggest my partnership with Yum Foods! approach for the 99% of us without a silver spoon.

You will need the following:

MINIMUM SPECS

- 1 Hammer

The game currently uses magic spells to kill the slavers of D00M. These will need to be purchased on my ebay store once I finish recording the demo videos. I'll also be selling some assembled shield kits for those of you who want to support the " new John Romero of mixed reality d00m".

The pizza box and soda cups are free if you walk into a pizza hut (you can use any brand supplies). Or, you can be cool and and have it delivered to you with pizza and soda inside. The PVC pipe and fiberglass yard rods are needed to anchor the digital game world to wherever you will be setting up your games. you can buy 6ft orange rods for 1.69$ in the lawn and garden section, and 1/2 inch PVC pipe for 2.99$. If you're lucky, they will be selling it in 8ft lengths. If so, just ask a salesman to cut it in half for you.

For the Cell Phone, you will be networking between you and your friend to anchor the game world in real world locations. It's preferable to use wifi (free), however doom levels can be extremely large, (think how large E1M1 is IRL!). It's best to setup games in a park or empty baseball field. If you don't have access to such a large space, I strongly suggest at least a tennis court sized area that is clear and free from debris. While later versions will be capable of VR, this version will be taped to your shield, and you will look through it like a viewport. There are a few things to keep in mind when selecting your viewport:

- Higher framerate camera & battery life are FAR MORE IMPORTANT THAN ANYTHING ELSE! The higher the framerate of your camera, the faster you or your friend can move in the game. The higher the screen capture resolution of your camera, the greater the distance your friend can remain before tracking is lost. Here are three different "average suggestions";

30fps (WALMART TRAK PHONE): All modern cell phones & tablets can record at LEAST 720 resolution. At this distance, an xtra large shield can be tracked about 15ft at walking speed around each anchor.

60fps (FIRST WAVE OF VR CAPABLE PHONES= GEAR VR GALAXY S6 TYPE PHONES (2013-2016): These phones capture at 60fps and provide excellent tracking. My S6 is cracked in half with a damaged camera, and can still track targets up to 20ft. Furthermore, at 60fps the camera captures the world very smoothly, and I can render a lot of doom demons simultaneously. I can also increase specs to medium for great sprite actions. I can track up to two shields simultaneously while casting my own magic spells.

120fps (SECOND WAVE MIXED REALITY CAPABLE PHONES= Google Pixel 2 (Modern): These phones have high framerate cameras which can track at incredible speeds. Commonly called "high speed recording", they can playback slow-motion video. I haven't been able to test these phones, however both you and your friend should be able to run at full speed around the tracking targets.

I'll be posting some demo videos later about how to assemble everything. I finished the first spell & will be selling it soon on eBay to raise funds for continued development. If any of you can guess what it is, I'll give you one for free & s00per charge it.

On 8/21/2018 at 3:53 PM, Omnedeus said:

Adults and Children are impatient and quick to anger

Only adults lack the intelligence or wisdom of imagination.

6vS1QMQ.png

I had to make sure I was awake as I was reading this, I know in dreams text can look nonsensical, so I pinched myself. I'm not dreaming.

I'm now failing to comprehend anything that has been said in the original post. But that's some cool art.

I have to be honest though. Mixed reality with playing cards sounds freaking awesome.

Edited by V0idH0und

Dodgesword,

I'll record a video soon explaining what to do with these things.

* Instead of using soda cups, we will be using two more pizza boxes like signs. Vuforia's object recog tracker is shit. They will still be hung on the fiberglass rods.

* When finished, this will be Pizza powered holodeck technology. Well, the 2018 version....

Finally; videos will answer questions, but testing it out for yourselves is the only way you will understand these types of games. Fortunately for all of you, it will be EXTREMELY cheap & a few games will be free.

On 8/20/2018 at 12:34 PM, Omnedeus said:

You don't need vr headsets to play the game.

Instead, it's BUILT with the following:

(requirements to play games)

- game grids built with either android/ios/windows tablets

- a main server super pc with an array of cameras

- or a ceiling mounted work of art.

It's EXPERIENCED with the following:

- An android/ios/windows phone/tablet with a camera on the back (most devices).

* Higher the camera's framerate, the faster & better the tracking. 

* Nearly any device will work. My tester devices are the cheapest 40$ track phones I can buy at WalMart.

- A Google Cardboard-type setup.

- A Google Daydream equivilant phone device & Bluetooth controller

* At least 60fps camera. Preferably 120 (Google Pixel phones with slowmotion camera are excellent with this!).

- A HACKED GearVR phone & stereoscope

* You tape the phone to the headset instead of plugging it into oculus services.(you flip open the usb port so it's not plugged in). It may be ridiculious, but it's the only way I've found to get around all of their crappy software. I haven't bothered with the controller yet. 

If you want to test, I suggest the following:

- Have a PC with a LOT of spare webcams, (20+). 

- Have a party, and invite 20 friends over to your house. Tell them to bring all their phones & devices.

- Have access to a property where you can paint the ceiling tiles. (Teachers at a school & want an art project with the students!)

Why do you need to paint the ceiling tiles?  What exactly is the point in taping the phone to the headset?

On 8/21/2018 at 1:56 PM, hardcore_gamer said:

Lmao. Same here man, I've been confused since the OP.

1 hour ago, Nevander said:

Lmao. Same here man, I've been confused since the OP.

You have to admit though. Mixed reality with those trading cards sounds dope as heck.

4 hours ago, TakenStew22 said:

Can someone please tell me what in the actual fuck this thread is? I didn't even read it all.

DMT in thread form.

14 minutes ago, Phade102 said:

Okay, honest question....Can ANYONE tell me how this OP hasn't been banned yet? I mean, hes....well trash.

Because this thread is hilarious.

i cant understand the video (i am a spanish guy from mexico xD), but seems good advance

Good joob

I updated the first post, however I figure it couldn't hurt to upload again.

The targets, as described in previous posts are just pizza boxes. There are better ways to setup these scenes to give better tracking, however I need money to continue development.

The purpose of mixed reality games is to incorporate real world experience. Like Pokemon Go, players will "quest" around doing various objectives. All of which can be designed by hand, or setup using the trading card game I've developed.

The gameplay and mechanics are extremely simple in this video. I only have two "encounters". 

1- A random spawner which spawns D00M around you, in a 25ft square. (occasionally doom gets stuck in trees or on power lines, as per the video).

2- A "last stand" hold in my back yard, which spawns a legion of D00M when activated.

Additional testing & players increases the accuracy. For this recording, I was using my old broken Galaxy S6, my pizza box target, and spear.

In the future, high end shaders & 3D models can be used. I'm still sticking to "google cardboard V1" tech, because this includes Raspberry Pi 2 technology. 

I also got bored and made some Resident Evil map bits for Halloween, and E1M8. I haven't bothered recording demos for either, (too poor).

Edited by Omnedeus

I think I get it a bit. So this is pokemon go on steroids, but instead of that you fight demons and stuff on your phone while you keep your phone camera exposed to your location and wait for the sprites to show up to kill them or do quests. Idk why such game would need handmade cards, spears and any of that. Also you seem that you want incorporate virtual reality gear or I'm wrong?

On 8/9/2018 at 7:26 PM, Omnedeus said:

It was made in Pennsylvania hardcore gamer :)

I updated the first post with a comic where I explain it more. Hopefully it will clear up some of the confusion.

Thank you, now I get it! Check out the comics, people, they explain a lot.

A question: Will we have some free basic cards to fight the lower tier demons with? Shareware cards?

I need money. It's as simple as that.

The shareware D00M content is provided free of charge. Right now, it's just a randomized spawner that calculates based on the pedometer. It's essentially a "random battle encounter". I COULD make spawn cards OR release the Unity build, so everyone could freely build their own D00M levels in their back yards. To sell, this would need permission from ID Software.

The technology is better used for turn-based role playing games, (Final Fantasy 7+ style battle encounters, summons, spells, etc). The purpose of D00M is to stress test the tracking technology & its ability to render first person perspective shooting. This is extremely difficult to do, even on HTC Vive powered systems.

Actually, this is the problem I face; To sell copies of the game, I need to do a complete sprite swap of all the resources for components in my game. This takes time, money, and other resources I simply don't have. This is the main reason why I created the trading card game in the first place. It gives me the ability to finally make something off all these years of sweat equity I've dumped into the project.

You guys need to remember: I'm literally just one guy, who does this full time on top of a mountain with absolutely NO income. I'm in desperate need of assistants, (thrulls), who want to join the project, and continue working with it. My first instinct was to approach the Daggerfall Unity people, and try to port the game to my platform. Sadly, I've NEVER received a response to the countless emails I've sent them. Actually, I NEVER received responses to anyone I've contacted for the past several years.

So, if anyone has any bright ideas on how to:

A: Find 1,000 people who each pay 10$ to kickstarter/indiegogo the project.

B: Find 100 people to pay 10$ each & buy "starter decks" of cards to test out the game via ebay sales.

C: ?

I'm open to suggestions.