Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Omnedeus

Beyond Hell

18 hours ago, Omnedeus said:

Sadly, I've NEVER received a response to the countless emails I've sent them. Actually, I NEVER received responses to anyone I've contacted for the past several years.

No offense intended, but considering the first impressions we got over here, it's not all that surprising.

I think you should post this elsewhere as well. Maybe tweet Romero the video(and a well made pitch, that humans can understand) I don't know. The drawings are super hard to figure out, because they are scribbles in black and white. Ditch those. The video makes the most sense(although it needs a good explanation accompanying it). Or make the comic more colorful with the important parts stand out more.

Why limit this thing to only Doom though ? This should be it's own thing from the start although that means time and money animating cool looking monsters. I guess for demo purposes it works.

But yeah you mentioned everyone jumped ship after Pokemon Go. Don't know what to tell you there. I wasn't that interested in it myself when the craze was still going on. Shooting Doom monsters in your own room and it's cheap, it sounds interesting, but needs polish obviously(no shit, sherlock right)

Money situation ? Yeah, that sucks. Any chance of getting some kind of a shitty, but easy job ? Cuz it's a pretty big long shot of finding random people to give you money for this. No ? After that you could maybe try something again. The homeless part should be a priority no ?

3 hours ago, KVELLER said:

No offense intended, but considering the first impressions we got over here, it's not all that surprising.

Actually, every person was different. I like experimenting with what works, and what doesn't.

:)

There's really no reason to even contact ID Software. Game companies are inundated with countless unsolicited emails, (ID's official policy is they discard them).

Right now, the goal is to try and build enough "critical mass" and form a community. I liked the idea about a promo "shareware" version of the game. It will allow me to send a small 15-30ct set of cards so people can start building backyard games.

Therefore, I did some research, and I believe I'll run a quickstarter; a kickstarter campaign set at 1,000$ with no bells or whistles. I have the components to assemble a couple hundred "PR kits" so all of you can test it out. It's really not about the money; but building a community who will help me bring this to market.

2 hours ago, pulkmees said:

I think you should post this elsewhere as well. Maybe tweet Romero the video(and a well made pitch, that humans can understand) I don't know. The drawings are super hard to figure out, because they are scribbles in black and white. Ditch those. The video makes the most sense(although it needs a good explanation accompanying it). Or make the comic more colorful with the important parts stand out more.

Why limit this thing to only Doom though ? This should be it's own thing from the start although that means time and money animating cool looking monsters. I guess for demo purposes it works.

But yeah you mentioned everyone jumped ship after Pokemon Go. Don't know what to tell you there. I wasn't that interested in it myself when the craze was still going on. Shooting Doom monsters in your own room and it's cheap, it sounds interesting, but needs polish obviously(no shit, sherlock right)

Money situation ? Yeah, that sucks. Any chance of getting some kind of a shitty, but easy job ? Cuz it's a pretty big long shot of finding random people to give you money for this. No ? After that you could maybe try something again. The homeless part should be a priority no ?

Thanks! Wana help? I'm not God nor perfect.... except for that day in my past ;)

It isn't limited to Doom. I chose shareware doom for the sprites, because the holy grail of mixed gaming technology is first person shooters. This requires the highest level of accurate tracking + mobility. "I chose the hardest game to make". The preferable games would be RPG random encounters similar to the Final Fantasy series. 

The important thing about Pokemon Go was that it showed people ARE WILLING to venture outside their house to play games. This makes Pokemon Go more akin to LARPING. This project is the natural next step to the technology, because it further increases the accuracy to first person perspectives. Consider this; A player is triangulating a bullet trajectory over a range of 30 feet using a pizza box taking up a fraction of the camera feed. That's an extremely complex calculation.

Traditionally, investment is used to fund different parts of game development. The biggest cost is the licensing of software. Most of the previous builds use paid software, (all of the RPG elements and leveling), which I've been slowly swapping out for free/open source code. This is a double-edged sword. On the one hand, I have complete control over the software & it's distribution. I also have a better understanding of how it operates with the other hunks of code without providing compiling errors. On the other hand, this has greatly extended the dev time for the project.

I do appreciate all of you, and your willingness to tolerate this thread. Let me ask all of you; what would you prefer? Should I throw a few kit designs on the forums and receive feedback? Would all of you aid me? 

Pokémon Go (while not my cup of tea) got people out, about and going to places they wouldn't normally go to collect Pokémon, that is cool in all, but your game seems more about circle strafing a pizza box in the street.

Also you have talked about the unity engine and are looking to switch out ID copyrighted graphics for your own, so how much of this project is related to Doom anymore?

Also your video is a very basic proof of concept, but where are these cards? If people are even going to consider funding your crowd fund (which you did mentioned that you needed $10,000) we need more evidence that this will work and also a taste of the final project, especially if your going to drop Doom assets.

You need to sit down and truly decide what assets you are going to use, create some. You then need to make some of these cards and have a general plan. If you start a crowd fund with the contradicting nonsense you have posted in this thread, then you might as well piss in the wind for cheap thrills, because you are going to be disappointed.  

OP:  Not to pile on here, but obviously you have a cool idea going.  However, you need to get someone else to do your communications, because this reads like the manifesto left behind after someone has gone criminally insane.

:)

I'll tell you a true story. You won't listen, but perhaps someone else will.

Considering I did Christian outreach to a local prison, and the "Criminally Insane" person in the solitary confinement cell I read the bible to was a Vietnam tested Marine.

That's United States Marine Corp

I take that as a compliment. 

Oh his crime? Open container of alchohol. Sitting on a park bench drinking a beer like a Leatherneck. Townie cop decides to take the drunk to jail. Diagnosed with PTSD over 30 years ago after he came back. You know what they do with REAL Marines who are diagnosed with PTSD in jail? They strip him nakid, give him a burlap sack to wear, (it's called a Turtle Suit), and shove him in a 10ft cell and have him sleep on the concrete for 8 days. 

You know what a Leathneck does? He thanks god for sobriety.

I'm his contact if he relapses. What did YOU do for a rine? Playing Doom doesn't count bro.

Edited by Omnedeus