Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Grain of Salt

Do you spend the whole of episode 4 carrying Daisy's head?

At the end of episode 3 the cutscene shows Daisy's head on a spike. At the end of episode 4 the cutscene shows the player holding Daisy's head.

Potential explanations:

• You leave Daisy's head where it is and return to that spot at the end of E4 to hold it for some reason
  • You carry Daisy's head in your hand the entire time
  • You put Daisy's head in your bag and bring it out at the end of E4 to pose

Further ramifications:

• Carrying Daisy's head is the reason you cannot use the ssg until doom 2

51 minutes ago, riderr3 said:

It's just another Daisy head.

So there are multiple Daisy's in existence? Are they literal clones? Or simply rabbits with the same name to whom Doomguy attaches emotional significance?

7 minutes ago, whirledtsar said:

So there are multiple Daisy's in existence? Are they literal clones? Or simply rabbits with the same name to whom Doomguy attaches emotional significance?

*scoffs* Anime pleb. If you read the manga you'd know that Doomguy used to breed rabbits for a living until he got too emotionally attached to all of them and decided not to sell them.

13 minutes ago, DepravedDiptera said:

*scoffs* Anime pleb. If you read the manga you'd know that Doomguy used to breed rabbits for a living until he got too emotionally attached to all of them and decided not to sell them.

This was despite calling them 'Stew', 'Roast' and 'Fried'. Eventually they were renamed 'Daisy', 'Violet', and 'Hyacinth'.

37 minutes ago, Marlamir said:

Or he have pinned her to belt as talisman entire time?

That seems likely. In the E4 end screen, we're seeing the heart-wrenching scene where he realizes it's time to let her go and move on with his life. He then walks off into the sunrise, greeting another day with renewed hope. Suddenly, some intuition makes him look off to one side, where he sees an SSG framed in a ray of sunlight. Doomguy and the SSG catch each other's eye and, as though having the same thought, give each other a tentative but optimistic smile. Cut to credits and inspirational song.

6 minutes ago, Not Jabba said:

where he sees an SSG framed in a ray of sunlight. Doomguy and the SSG catch each other's eye 

So thats why doomguy didnt have girlfriend... :D

3 hours ago, Jerry.C said:

For some of you Doom really is not just a game, right??? :D

I've said it before, I'll say it again... it's training for when it really happens.

Speaking of carrying heads through episodes:

2132455388_full_4245.jpg

1 hour ago, Not Jabba said:

Doomguy and the SSG catch each other's eye and, as though having the same thought, give each other a tentative but optimistic smile. Cut to credits and inspirational song.

And that brings us a new meaning of the phrase shotgun wedding.

The explanation is right there on the title screen. Doomguy has several pouches attached to his belt, and they're easily large enough to fit a rabbit's head inside.

daisy-pouch.png

I'm pretty sure he keeps all the guns in those pouches, but can they fit Daisy's head too?

I thought the situation was that we the audience see Daisy's head on the spike... but Doomguy doesn't get there until after completing E4M8.

On 7/28/2018 at 5:02 AM, eharper256 said:

This was despite calling them 'Stew', 'Roast' and 'Fried'. Eventually they were renamed 'Daisy', 'Violet', and 'Hyacinth'.

Hyacinth?  As in Hyacinth Bouquet?  

2 minutes ago, Master O said:

As in, a Hyacinth, the actual flower that has the property of growing flowers as part of its stalk, and which likes watery places and spring. My favourite flower, especially when they have a rich tyrian purple colour.

13 hours ago, Master O said:

It's 3 out of the 4! So maybe.

"Bouqueeeeet Residence!!! Lady of the Underworld Speaking!"

Edited by Xegethra

If Daisy's head is kept in one of his ammo pouches throughout all of E4 then why can't I use it as a weapon?

This raises a good question; when does Episode 4 take place, because clearly the end of Episode 3 is suppose to hint at Hell on Earth.

Or the E3 endscreen is viewed from a monitor and the E4 endscreen shows the Doomguy made it to Earth

On 7/28/2018 at 10:38 AM, whirledtsar said:

Never heard of Schroedingers Rabbit?

10 hours ago, Jimmy said:

If Daisy's head is kept in one of his ammo pouches throughout all of E4 then why can't I use it as a weapon?

I'm sure they meant to include it but were probably rushed for time in putting out Ultimate Doom

13 hours ago, Jimmy said:

That's what Doom Wads are for!

On 7/28/2018 at 3:08 AM, Grain of Salt said:

At the end of episode 3 the cutscene shows Daisy's head on a spike. At the end of episode 4 the cutscene shows the player holding Daisy's head.

Potential explanations:

• You leave Daisy's head where it is and return to that spot at the end of E4 to hold it for some reason
  • You carry Daisy's head in your hand the entire time
  • You put Daisy's head in your bag and bring it out at the end of E4 to pose

Further ramifications:

• Carrying Daisy's head is the reason you cannot use the ssg until doom 2

"Be vewy vewy quiet, I'm hunting wabbits!"

5 minutes ago, SoulSphere said:

I don't know what episode 4 is.

Thy Flesh Consumed? Ultimate Doom? Does any of that ring a bell?