Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Memfis

Getting annoyed by some words

This website HAS to be satire right? I mean come on, it HAS to be.....

... Fuck, it isn't is it.

On 8/8/2018 at 1:39 PM, Pegg said:

That's not what PCMR nor peasants mean. Source : https://pcmasterrace.org/history

Those are just elitist idiots using it as an excuse to be even bigger idiots. 

I wonder if Yatzhee ever regreted making that joke.

On 8/4/2018 at 6:27 PM, dew said:

Seriously? You a Brain Force hyper-male specimen? With gay frogs, pizzagate and all?

Gay all your Frogs today with Super Male Frog Gay 9000. 

On 8/11/2018 at 2:58 AM, Solmyr said:

I wonder if Yatzhee ever regreted making that joke.

The answer is yes.

The thing with speaking a language related to english as I do, is that words looking the same or almost the same can have a slightly different interpretation or meaning. The way one should phrase a sentence to deliver the wanted meaning isn't always clearly cut. This is not a problem if you were to speak a native language that is unrelated to english.

I feel like people forgot the meaning of the word "literally". I seriously hate how some people use that word. Like "literally kill yourself". What? As opposed to metaphorically killing myself? Get a freaking dictionary and learn to use proper english guys. Geez.

How about people not just failing to understand the meaning of the words "objective" and "subjective" but actually getting them completely the wrong way around?

23 hours ago, Gothic said:

I feel like people forgot the meaning of the word "literally". I seriously hate how some people use that word. Like "literally kill yourself". What? As opposed to metaphorically killing myself? Get a freaking dictionary and learn to use proper english guys. Geez.

That's kind of annoying. I saw a popular reddit thread saying that the recent Better Call Saul episode is literally unwatchable, and a lot of people seemed to agree with this. 

On 8/2/2018 at 10:11 AM, DooM_RO said:

There are also benign words that annoy me for some reason. "Groceries" and "squat" sound kind of disgusting to me for some weird reason. The Romanian word for sausage also makes me want to puke.

Mmmm...Cârnat....

11 hours ago, elarmadillo3 said:

Mmmm...Cârnat....

Numai bun cu mamaliga xd.

On ‎8‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 1:08 AM, Grazza said:

How about people not just failing to understand the meaning of the words "objective" and "subjective" but actually getting them completely the wrong way around?

This one really gets to me for some reason, especially when people call things "objectively better" or "objectively the best" or whatever - it's so weird to see people use it specifically and exclusively for things that are subjective by their very nature..

13 hours ago, Doomkid said:

This one really gets to me for some reason, especially when people call things "objectively better" or "objectively the best" or whatever - it's so weird to see people use it specifically and exclusively for things that are subjective by their very nature..

I always assume they're being facetious (or not...) about how their own opinion matters more than anyone else's.

1 hour ago, GuyMcBrofist said:

I always assume they're being facetious (or not...) about how their own opinion matters more than anyone else's.

It's pretty much that.

Nostalgia and similar expressions like Rose Tinted Glasses, it devolved into a buzzword used by people of younger generations who look down on older games, books, comics and movies because they're old and everything old is inferior to modern standards, even tough creativity doesn't actually exist, everything is build upon some previous experiences and knowledge, that goes without saying that there are things that stand the test of time. 

Fag, used as a suffix for words [insert: country, forum, imageboard, old, new, sexual fettish, slaughtermap, ect.]fag. It's good an all that it mostly stopped being a homophobic slur for nearly 10 years but still annoying.

Misplaced use of the word racism, ie: "You are being racist towards germans"

Can't Stand Criticism: It's annoying because these words are usual response of bad trolls and morons when they get called out for insulting you, and shitting all over your work, just because they don't like it.

I heard a 30 minute interview, where literally each and every sentence of the person being interviewed started with "um." Except the few times he said "uh." I applaud him for saying "uh" because he crutches "um" so much. Even statements with multiple sentences, each sentence still had to start with "um."

I hate how "fag" is a censored word in most paces, more than half of us in Britain use that word instead of cigarette so when I try to explain where someone has gone (fag break) and end up having the sentence either not post or come out as an angry horde of asterisks it comes as a surprisingly common inconvenience, some places even straight up ban you for it.

On 7/28/2018 at 6:38 PM, lowpass30Hz said:

Trigger words and phrases:

Triggered
(...)

I don't know why, but I find this ironic in a way. :D

On a more serious note, expressions like "triggered" are typically originated from sites/people heavily overwhelmed with memeheadry. I can pretty much reassure that the average age of people using these terms doesn't even exceed 12 - sort of a Z+-generation syndrome, where tech kiddies do all their socializing on the web, and what else they can make their own regular currency of communication than dank memes and their respective common usage of non-Oxford words. If I had to choose a personal preference for the most despicable memery extraction, it would be the word "boye" (or "boi" for that matter).

Yup, 2008 where going downhill in these aspects initiated, happened 10 years ago. I feel like aging in rapid succession.

I hate the use of crutch words like "ya, ye" etc. I also hate the overuse of acronyms.

And I hate the use of contractions like "y'know, y'all, they'll" etc.

Smogon uses the word "consistent" a lot in their Pokémon moveset strategy pages, right to the point where it becomes irritable.