Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SilverMiner

Build Boom on DOS

Well yeah so win32 djgpp would do it, but only if you can find one that both works with the source you’re dealing with and runs on your system.

I also have FreeDOS.  It runs direct on the hardware as a replacement for DOS.  I gave it its own partition and boot it directly.

It will run the Vanilla Doom DOS binaries, Heretic, and Hexen.

It runs on newer hardware, understands modern filesystems, can handle the drives, and provides a much easier user experience than DOS.

It does have a wIndow (like 3.1) that runs on top of FreeDOS on which some limited stuff will run, but nothing complicated yet.

It seems to come with a bit of everything, except I have not figured out compilers.  I ran out of disk space due to using it with DOS games and had to limit my playing with it.

Being a direct replacement for DOS, FreeDOS is going to run full speed.

DOSBox is great but it emulates, so it has speed problems with some of the CPU heavy games,

and some games just don't work.

Edited by wesleyjohnson

Ok, now:

I decided to implement 3d floors and slopes (also 3d slopes)

from cdoom 2.07 to mbf 2.04.

Any ideas?

AFAIK I have to merge r_plane, p_spec and some more cdoom .c files with mbf.

Any suggestions ?

(how you would do this?)

20 minutes ago, SilverMiner said:

Thanks to all, I did it! Now we can close the thread...

Congrats! Do you have plans to publish your work?

I mentioned I have built boom 2.02. (About MBF: I'm going to make 2.04 with 3d floors some later)

Publish my work? Oh, yeah, including a wad (Not right now, but by the year's end)... The only use of Boom I did is change of monsters' drops (Rocket guys drop rockets instead of clips as example) and the game ending at MAP24.

Sorry for the question, but who do you expect to play your map if it depends on a DOS version of Boom?