Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
[McD] James

Papa John is suing Papa John's Pizza

My twisted sense of humor can't stop laughing at the fact that the guy got in trouble for using the "N-word", and yet in the sidebar there's an article about slaves. 

Their pizza is really good, especially if you ask for extra cheese and sauce. They never put enough on it.

5 hours ago, Ajora said:

The pizza's pretty good, but a bit overpriced. 

2 hours ago, Nevander said:

Their pizza is really good, especially if you ask for extra cheese and sauce. They never put enough on it.

the fuck is wrong with you people

It's interesting to note that he resigned for using a racial slur (which, frankly, I can understand), but he also stepped down as chief executive for criticizing the NFL players' national anthem protest last year that polarized the nation because he claimed it caused profits to fall (which, given Papa John's was an investor in the NFL, is probably true).

I also think that if he asks for the documents regarding his resignation, the company should do so, though suing them seems quite heavy-handed unless what he claims is true.

Now I know why I prefer Pizza Hut over this joke of a pizza chain...

2 hours ago, Mr. Freeze said:

You can't deny a yummy pie.

6 hours ago, Mr. Freeze said:

For real.  With the thin crust it's palatable, but the normal crust is trash.  It's above garbage-tier stuff like Little Ceasars but not by much.

I will always prefer Little Ceasers over Papa Johns.

If I'm going to get a garbage pizza, 2 large for 10 bucks is way better than 1 medium pile of vomit for 15.

5 hours ago, Aquila Chrysaetos said:

I also think that if he asks for the documents regarding his resignation, the company should do so, though suing them seems quite heavy-handed unless what he claims is true.

Seems like a desperate attempt to save face. The whole "they twisted my arm into saying something racist" excuse just doesn't fly with me.

6 hours ago, Mr. Freeze said:

There's better pizza chains out there, but I've yet to find a pizzeria with better cheese and better garlic dip.

1 hour ago, Sparktimus said:

I will always prefer Little Ceasers over Papa Johns.

If I'm going to get a garbage pizza, 2 large for 10 bucks is way better than 1 medium pile of vomit for 15.

If you throw a Hot n Ready in the oven for another ~3 minutes at home, it actually makes them a lot better. For instance the cheese actually turns golden brown instead of looking like Elmer's glue

11 hours ago, HavoX said:

Now I know why I prefer Pizza Hut over this joke of a pizza chain...

If pizza hut is considered better then this chain really must be bottom tier. I think Dominos has terrible pizza and I still rate it notably higher than Pizza hut. But quality could vary country by country. I'm Aussie.

Edited by Chezza

Out of all the pizza chains here in California I've been to (Pizza Hut, Pizza Guys, Papa Johns, Round Table, Little Caesar's, Dominoes, Mountain Mike's, Papa Murphy's [if we count take and bake])

Papa John's might be the worst. Granted I only ever remember having it one time and it was around 8 years ago maybe? But there's a reason I only had it once.

I like Pizza Hut overall but I can only eat it once in a blue moon.

Pizza Guys I used to chow down a lot but they're so greasy I just can't anymore.

Round Table is just meh, they have a buffet which is the only time I'd eat it.

Little Caesar's is cheap party pizza and it works for the price.

Dominoes I never really eat their pizza, if I ever order from there its for a sandwich or pasta

Mountain Mike's is pretty good

Papa Murphys is love. My wife and I eat it at least once a week for the past few years. The quality has changed, but we still like it a lot.

Does everyone have many non or minor chains around them? I prefer the small Italian businesses that produce better pizza than all the chains although pricier. I have many of these around me.

My cousins/aunt and uncle have their own pizza shop and I prefer it over all the others

There's also some other mom and pop parlors in our downtown area that are pretty good.

On 7/29/2018 at 12:39 AM, Ajora said:

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-44972146

That guy is a jerk. The pizza's pretty good, but a bit overpriced. 

I have always disagreed over the pretty good. Well I suppose I should say "it's comparable to other pizzas" where it's in the middle ground of "all pizza is good, therefore it is good." Their taco pizza was absolute trash when I had it. For a taco pizza it sure had a lot of nacho crumbs in it.

20 hours ago, Chezza said:

Does everyone have many non or minor chains around them? I prefer the small Italian businesses that produce better pizza than all the chains although pricier. I have many of these around me.

Where I live, there are a TON of non chains... even a ton of non chains that are literal rip offs of other chains that must have lost the license or something, but kept making the same pizzas.

It's been over 10 years since I had access to Papa Johns, but I remember it tasting alright. Nothing special but nothing too bad. After going to New York and learning what real pizza is some time ago, I've since considered the 'fast food pizza' and 'real pizza' to be entirely different foodstuffs. Sure, there's bread and cheese and whatnot but the difference in taste and presentation is night and fucking day. I'm lucky enough to have a genuine Italian pizzeria near me that is about on par with the New York standard.

I find it funny that 90% of the modern news cycle is "THIS JUST IN, idiot says idiotic thing, more at 11". Was it always this vapid? Probably so and it just never quite sunk in until semi-recently. Maybe it's not even the fault of the news but the people choosing what to retweet or share or whatever on social media. Seriously though, we're 30 years away from having oceans so toxic that fish as we know them (not just one species, the whole damn gamut) are going to be extinct or endangered, in 50 years we will have run out of usable lumber for construction since at our current rate of consumption the various nurseries around the world can't possibly be replaced before then, and yet what do I see covered all over the place when I make the mistake of peeking out from under my rock? Some moron talking shit like a dumbfuck is what has everyone's attention. Not just this particular story, but the entirety of the common everyday news cycle at this point. Maybe I'm just a cynical piece of shit and am looking at it all backwards though, who knows.

10 hours ago, Doomkid said:

I find it funny that 90% of the modern news cycle is "THIS JUST IN, idiot says idiotic thing, more at 11". Was it always this vapid? Probably so and it just never quite sunk in until semi-recently.

Not exactly sure where you're aiming your gun here, but as far as I'm concerned, it was this vapid for a relatively long time by now. When Bush Jr was in the White House, even republicans wanted to combat climate change (at least they said they did). That was about 2 decades ago. Look what republicans and other conservatives in the US say about climate change these days, and give mouthpieces like Tucker Carlson or Ben Shapiro a listen. It'll make your head spin.

97% of the scientists in relevant fields of research state that mankind has a significant impact on climate change and delivered evidence that backs up these statements. 97% of the scientists in relevant fields of research state that the way we treat our environment needs to change quickly if we want to avoid catastrophic consequences on a global level. Then you have Tucker Carlson on TV telling people like Bill Nye's that there is no consensus on climate change whatsoever, because apparently 97% isn't indicative enough of a number. There's America's "Prime Time Education" for you.

Have some links:

scientific consensus

Tucker Carlson's show

I wonder what's changed, really. The situation is almost like there's a bag with 100 peanuts in it, 97 of which will kill people if they eat those, and people still seem to be willing to reach in to have themselves a snack, because apparently people are that ignorant and careless. But let's not forget we're discussing this on a forum dedicated to a computer game that is about killing demons with all kinds of sci-fi equipment, it's not like people come here to actually broaden their horizon anyway.

Not aiming at anyone in particular, I try to avoid such overwhelmingly negative screeds but now and again the topsy-turvy priorities of all us shaved apes gets to me. I'll leave it at that to avoid subjecting other forumgoers to my negativity.

3 hours ago, Nine Inch Heels said:

But let's not forget we're discussing this on a forum dedicated to a computer game that is about killing demons with all kinds of sci-fi equipment, it's not like people come here to actually broaden their horizon anyway.

Of all the forums I've ever posted on/lurked around, Doomworld has been by far and away the least politically oriented. I haven't been on The Escapist for a while, but it felt like 80% of the discussions there were about current global events that didn't involve video games. I'm not sure exactly why this all is, but experience has taught me that political arguments over the internet rarely ever lead to people readjusting their own beliefs. 

The people who regard Fox News as a "fair and balanced" source of objective news analysis will never see it as a tenacious propaganda outlet, no matter what you tell them. Last I saw from Fox News, Sean Hannity was promoting the idea that Hillary conspired with Russian operatives to influence the US election in her favour, and most of the network praising Trump for talking about having discussions with Iran, even though all (if not most) of those very same individuals vehemently denounced Obama back when he first announced he wanted to have talks with Iran. 

On 7/29/2018 at 8:00 PM, Sparktimus said:

This attitude is why Americans are obese. Surely less garbage would be the better choice, with the best being no garbage at all. 

"I'll take the GutBusterTM special with extra grease and a jumbo side of greasy fries with enough salt to sterilize a small country's worth of arable lands,  can I get the two-gallon bottle of Coke with 75% corn syrup by volume? Also one leaf of pesticides-rich salad so I can pretend I'm eating healthy."

On 8/1/2018 at 10:33 PM, Nine Inch Heels said:

Then you have Tucker Carlson on TV telling people like Bill Nye's that there is no consensus on climate change whatsoever, because apparently 97% isn't indicative enough of a number. There's America's "Prime Time Education" for you.

Its simply that money is always right. Heavy Industry doesn't want to give a fuck about Climate Change, it costs too much money. So the money flows into certain pockets to make people ignore climate change. When the common denominator listens to primetime and reads the edited tabloids and does no further research to establish their own opinion, or simply doesn't give a fuck, then of course we see this kind of thing occur.

Anyway, offtopic. I don't see the point in buying Papa Johns or Dominoes; you can buy custom-made supermarket pizza in ASDA that's twice as good and a third the price in the UK. They're only vaguely worthwhile if you have a big group and abuse the special offers.

I have nothing but respect for Domino's pizza. They're cheaper than Little Caesars when they have special promotions, or when I get coupons in the mail (which is all the time), and their quality is better than at least 90% of the major chains out there. The store near my area also has the best customer service I've ever gotten from a restaurant that is in Canada. 

Never liked Papa Johns. Not surprised at the latest. Pizza Hut is better. But my favorite is at a local Italian restaurant.

1 hour ago, eharper256 said:

Its simply that money is always right. Heavy Industry doesn't want to give a fuck about Climate Change, it costs too much money. So the money flows into certain pockets to make people ignore climate change. When the common denominator listens to primetime and reads the edited tabloids and does no further research to establish their own opinion, or simply doesn't give a fuck, then of course we see this kind of thing occur.

Anyway, offtopic. I don't see the point in buying Papa Johns or Dominoes; you can buy custom-made supermarket pizza in ASDA that's twice as good and a third the price in the UK. They're only vaguely worthwhile if you have a big group and abuse the special offers.

Honestly, why would some 60 year old man give a crap? He has 30 to 40 years left on him and if the Earth lasts another 50 years - he won't care.

Religion is also a powerful factor. A lot of people don't care about the other - rather - they want to satisfy their lord so they can go to heaven.

People are very gullible and naive. Just look at the 900 people who committed suicide to Jim Jones. And throughout history , people have always relied on leaders for guidance. Not just country leaders, but in places like school, church, clubs, and even gaming communities.

9 minutes ago, Pure Hellspawn said:

Honestly, why would some 60 year old man give a crap? He has 30 to 40 years left on him and if the Earth lasts another 50 years - he won't care

Because maybe some people actually have a sense of responsibility for future generations, and our species overall. Just because you don't give a damn it doesn't mean nobody else does.

Religion is also a powerful factor. A lot of people don't care about the other - rather - they want to satisfy their lord so they can go to heaven.

Religion has nothing to do with it, and even if it did, it seems extremely unlikely that your lord is gonna pat you on the back for wrecking the planet.

People are very gullible and naive.

Yeah, well, that's just like... Your opinion, man.

And throughout history , people have always relied on leaders for guidance. Not just country leaders, but in places like school, church, clubs, and even gaming communities.

The reason being that people like you would otherwise cause more harm than you do nowadays.

3 hours ago, Nine Inch Heels said:

Because maybe some people actually have a sense of responsibility for future generations, and our species overall. Just because you don't give a damn it doesn't mean nobody else does.

Religion has nothing to do with it, and even if it did, it seems extremely unlikely that your lord is gonna pat you on the back for wrecking the planet.

Yeah, well, that's just like... Your opinion, man.

The reason being that people like you would otherwise cause more harm than you do nowadays.

sheesh man, i'm not talking about me personally... i'm just trying to think of what goes through these people's minds. i'm 30; millennials like me are the ones who are screwed and are paying the price. 30 years ago, i'd be able to have kids and now i'd go broke if i had even one. and i'm a college educated computer programmer. 

i think the best way to come up with a solution is to know why these kinds of things happen in the first place. what goes through people's minds when they make these decisions? why would someone drink choose to drink poisoned kool-aid? 

EDIT: it's not religion; rather it is extremism and fundamentalism which is where it pretty much dictates your life and decisions. huge difference. sorry if i offended anyone.

Edited by Pure Hellspawn

On 7/29/2018 at 1:14 PM, Ajora said:

Seems like a desperate attempt to save face. The whole "they twisted my arm into saying something racist" excuse just doesn't fly with me.

There's better pizza chains out there, but I've yet to find a pizzeria with better cheese and better garlic dip.

They only supply the garlic sauce because they know their pizza is inedible without it.