Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I believe that doing some work helps overcome bad feelings. Once your work is finished and you see what you've obtained, satisfaction ensues. This is good for confidence.

Yet, some of the greatest artists suffer lifelong „imposter syndrome“. Which is also a confidence related thing you might want to check out.

On 7/31/2018 at 11:21 PM, GhoulDesecrator said:

Read about the Dunning-Kruger effect, it helped understand some things better, a little bit

in the programming world, this is possibly the most true statement.

i feel like i have a medium amount of confidence. i don't feel like i always make stupid decisions or mess things up, but at the same time i also don't think i do things as well as i could or should have. i also define myself as a realist; and i think reality is more harsh than it is forgiving.

On 8/1/2018 at 6:21 AM, GhoulDesecrator said:

the Dunning-Kruger effect

"The Dunning-Kruger effect (also known as Mount Stupid or Smug Snake), named after David Dunning and Justin Kruger of Cornell University, occurs where people fail to adequately assess their level of competence — or specifically, their incompetence — at a task and thus consider themselves much more competent than everyone else."

Both fascinating and funny, it's the other way around for me.

I consider myself much more incompetent than others and I'm completely unaware of my skills and talents.

Spoiler

Do I even have any of that :v ?

10 hours ago, Agent6 said:

"The Dunning-Kruger effect (also known as Mount Stupid or Smug Snake), named after David Dunning and Justin Kruger of Cornell University, occurs where people fail to adequately assess their level of competence — or specifically, their incompetence — at a task and thus consider themselves much more competent than everyone else."

Both fascinating and funny, it's the other way around for me.

I consider myself much more incompetent than others and I'm completely unaware of my skills and talents.

Hide contents

Do I even have any of that :v ?

I think you may be in the middle of the graph then, where you are just good enough at something to understand there's so much more you need to learn. Being critic about your own perfomance while understanding you can improve with practice, and that the learning curve is very irregular in most cases, kinda helps keep going forward despite feeling like shit some times. I realized most of that while getting my ass kicked at video games by the way, lol