Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Zolgia108

Djinn - 25 Maps Megawad

So I'm finally getting around to playing this.  I'm using gzdoom 3.7.2 and it appears something has broken.  The rocketlauncher secret on the first level doesn't lower the wall in front of you.  I tested with 3.4.1 and it works as it should.  Clearly it's an issue with gzdoom but I'm letting you know.  

Unfortunately, some of the mods I use require later versions than 3.4.1 and if there's one thing that doesn't work correctly there's a good chance there's more and the thought of getting stuck on a level because something is broken doesn't sit well with me.  Pending a fix on your end or a future update of gzdoom I have to put this wad on hold.  I'll report this issue to the devs and we'll see what they have to say about it.

Apparently it's Doom Incarnate causing the problem, sorry about that.

Edited by Bryan T

I am sorry about that m8, i never used doom incarnate so i don't even know how to fix, if you want you can tell me everything via pm and together with my brother we can try :) just let me know in case. And thanks a lot for playing!

It's no bother, I switched mods anyway and everything's working fine, or so I hope.  I just started over and got hopelessly lost on map07.  I really want to like this but there's cryptic progression and I've always been shit at figuring out complex maps.  I even jumped to areas I shouldn't be to try and progress.  I got the blue card and have no idea what to do.  I may just skip the level and hope the next ones aren't as bad.

I just skipped it and map08 is something to behold.  Short but very unique.  The stand out map so far.

i think i have 2 choices with that fucking map07:

1) delete it

2) write a walkthrough

it s the the first map i've ever made back in 2016 and i've simplified it countless times but i need to separate feelings from reality: that map enrages players too much. I will do something in the next days. promise.

Edited by Zolgia108

11 hours ago, Bryan T said:

It's no bother, I switched mods anyway and everything's working fine, or so I hope.  I just started over and got hopelessly lost on map07.  I really want to like this but there's cryptic progression and I've always been shit at figuring out complex maps.  I even jumped to areas I shouldn't be to try and progress.  I got the blue card and have no idea what to do.  I may just skip the level and hope the next ones aren't as bad.

I just skipped it and map08 is something to behold.  Short but very unique.  The stand out map so far.

when you get the blue keycard the left elevator in the main room goes up and you can progress there, there is also a teleport to get you there :( please don't quit m8, or at least try your best and don't kill me hahaahah

1 hour ago, HAK3180 said:

Ah, good ol' Close to Dog...

Hak! Long time no see :)

Be proud of yourself! you were able to end that hateful map with bugs and with remote switches, and also without all the teleports that i've added to help people find their way :)

Oh and you also had the guts to play it twice! Special thanks on the title screen are well deserved m8 :)

Edited by Zolgia108

I don't know if I'm missing something here but there's no new maps from map 20 and on, the music, level names and skybox change but the map layouts are still the same as in Doom 2. Am I required to play on Brutal Doom?

13 hours ago, CptGoodtimes said:

I don't know if I'm missing something here but there's no new maps from map 20 and on, the music, level names and skybox change but the map layouts are still the same as in Doom 2. Am I required to play on Brutal Doom?

Hi m8

first of all i would like to thank you for playing my wad!

What you say is really weird and nobody ever told me about such problem.

The real wad version is the first link that you see and it is called djinn beta 0.999

The brutal Djinn wad was a readaptation that i made for some people who wanted to play the wad in brutal, since the original didn't work well i had to fix some issues, but that is not the right link to use if you want to play in gz.

I just downloaded both version and tried them and everything seems to work fine. I am using latest gzdoom version.

This is the link, maybe something went wrong with the dl

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dejltth57fesc2q/Djinn Beta 0.999.wad?dl=1

Please let me know :)

On 4/1/2019 at 11:08 PM, DenisNinja said:

hello I'm back how are you friends and how is the progress of Djinn WAD?

hello m8, seems that the version that i uploaded is working basically for everyone, so it is to be considered done, both gzdoom version and brutal doom version. Facts remain that playing with brutal may ruin some of the progression and soe balance since tha wad wasn't created for it but just "fixed" for it. i would like to upload the wad in the idworld but it seems it's too big and the admins are not answering me :(. Also there may be some problems with some f the tracks as well. I think this topic will remain the only source. I hope that you guy may enjoy my creation knowing that it is my first work and that it may have some weirdness in it :)

thanks a lot for asking btw!

On 4/5/2019 at 5:33 PM, Zolgia108 said:

hello m8, seems that the version that i uploaded is working basically for everyone, so it is to be considered done, both gzdoom version and brutal doom version. Facts remain that playing with brutal may ruin some of the progression and soe balance since tha wad wasn't created for it but just "fixed" for it. i would like to upload the wad in the idworld but it seems it's too big and the admins are not answering me :(. Also there may be some problems with some f the tracks as well. I think this topic will remain the only source. I hope that you guy may enjoy my creation knowing that it is my first work and that it may have some weirdness in it :)

thanks a lot for asking btw!

Thanks my friend Zolgia108, post the download link i will do some tests.

i will make a gameplay of your MegaWAD for my youtube channel, i will put in the description about this page.

25 minutes ago, <

Where can you download this wad now?

Hello m8, the link to the dropbox isn't working anymore cause i removed it some time ago, the wad was never published mainly because it was my first work and it's full of noobish mistakes, i would love to polish it and i tried but it's so big that i decided to just leave it as it is: a first attempt :)

Then the size: it's more or less 150 so it can't be published on idgames. If you want i can send you a private link (i would need to upload it first), but please don't insult me too much with this, there's a lot of cryptic progression and custom monsters, i was basically testing everything i could!

But yea if you want to understand better who Snail is then you should play it, just don't ragequit on map 5 and 7 (the latter one especially) and try to consider the whole thing as an evolution (or devolution, it depends), the more you go on the more the maps get better cause i was literally learning while making them ^^

Edited by Zolgia108

I would love to try it out too, it sounds promising for a first work! :)
If you upload it, please let me know!

11 minutes ago, Ginji23 said:

I would love to try it out too, it sounds promising for a first work! :)
If you upload it, please let me know!

i m uploading the file right now and i'll leave the link again, but expect a lot of frustration for the first maps! ahhaahah :)

EDIT: link is up and should work, maps are 25 and then there is map 31 but it's just a remake of odissey of noises and you can get there just via cheats.

Managed to beat the first 3 levels. I'm liking it so far, the Egyptian themes remind me of the PWAD Tyrant. Taking a peek ahead at the rest of the levels, they look very cool- they look dark and stylish. The use of custom monsters was impressive, albeit rather frustrating to fight for the first time without knowing what they do. The custom textures and music also come together to create a great atmosphere. Looking forward to playing the rest of them later, and good luck with your new megawad! :)

23 minutes ago, Ginji23 said:

Managed to beat the first 3 levels. I'm liking it so far, the Egyptian themes remind me of the PWAD Tyrant. Taking a peek ahead at the rest of the levels, they look very cool- they look dark and stylish. The use of custom monsters was impressive, albeit rather frustrating to fight for the first time without knowing what they do. The custom textures and music also come together to create a great atmosphere. Looking forward to playing the rest of them later, and good luck with your new megawad! :)

thank you so much :)

I wonder if you will still thin the same thing later on hahaha

oh and for map 7, there is a "walktrough" (yes, trust me it was needed, a lot of people decided to quit the wad because of that map) in the main page.

Music was the only thing that i am missing a lot to be honest, i used a lot of mp3s and that's why the file is so large, then all the custom monsters sometimes feel really too much but i was like: "if i want to make a black and white map i need black monsters" and so i basically used every available monster in realm667 hahahah

I'm actually quite enjoying this so far. I can actually see myself in some of these maps, as in when I created levels for other games. I would always get on the technical side of things, incorporating new features and ideas whenever I encountered or came up with them, kind of like how you put in all these custom monsters. It's amateurish, but it's also a breath of fresh air in a sense. I can tell a lot of time and effort went into this, and you must have had a lot of fun with it too, just like I had fun with my own endeavors! I think it's good that you have this piece of history you can look back on as you improve in your most recent project. Once again, good luck with that, I look forward to it! :)
I'm going to bed now, but I just beat map06, so tomorrow I'll attempt map07. Wish me luck! I've been playing on ultra-violence and haven't had to make any saves mid-level, so we'll see if that changes after this, haha.

@Ginji23

The fact that map 5 didn't give you problems means that you won't have any more problems progression wise and probably with most of the unfair fights that will come next :)

I don't even remember if i fixed it but map 5 originally had 8 archviles in the big room for the setpiece fight, ahahahahah.

Anyway, i think that most of my "original" ideas were used here on Djinn, then with the new megawad i am working mostly on what i've learnt about gameplay, sometimes i think back and feel that my ideas are long gone but then i think that this is just a normal evolution. But the whole episode 2 (of Happy) is about flashbacks and revisitation of some areas in Djinn, things that i basically wanted to fix and that i ended up remaking completely.

Glad that you are enjoying my work, and yes i really put everything i could into it :)

I haven't played Doom in a couple days, so excuse the late response. Just beat map07 on my second try, didn't need a walkthrough or make any extra saves. Wasn't nearly as bad as it was made out to be, but I can definitely see it trying the patience of certain people. I definitely feel it could have gone later on in the wad or been split up into multiple maps, and throwing in that red archvile which players have never seen before nor had practice with is rather fiendish. Other than that, it was a rather grand and epic map, I feel like I've accomplished something great by beating it. It must have taken a lot of time to create, so good work on your end. :)

1 hour ago, Ginji23 said:

I haven't played Doom in a couple days, so excuse the late response. Just beat map07 on my second try, didn't need a walkthrough or make any extra saves. Wasn't nearly as bad as it was made out to be, but I can definitely see it trying the patience of certain people. I definitely feel it could have gone later on in the wad or been split up into multiple maps, and throwing in that red archvile which players have never seen before nor had practice with is rather fiendish. Other than that, it was a rather grand and epic map, I feel like I've accomplished something great by beating it. It must have taken a lot of time to create, so good work on your end. :)

thanks a lot! these kind words reassure me :) Yes it took a lot to build that map, mostly because it was my first one ever and i had to change it thousands of times, the first version had no clues on where to go, you could go in both ways (left and right) and take keys randomly, there were remote switches everywhere and the amount of backtracking was immense. Imagine the frustration you had beating it now and multiply it by 666.

Next huge and unfair map will be number 12, then everything will go well! Cheers m8, i really appreciate this :)

this is way better than I was expecting. (turn off texture filtering tho, it makes graphics go super fuzzy, it can be disabled in the settings)

Hey, can I ask for a link to the wad? The Dropbox one is dead, again, apparently.