Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Zolgia108

Djinn - 25 Maps Megawad

Just a couple of screenshots from map number 12, which is the end of episode 2 (our doom guys finally takes a portal to the abyss at the end of the map running away from earth). Testing started. Not so good. intermission is over. Sorry

1032881863_djinn121.jpg.e3fb53723d87c5c2f658cb2a62428050.jpg1706960371_djinn122.jpg.fcbdd80e53abd52e839df48f13b4a8a6.jpg

sry it's been like 3 minutes i am loading a new link with some fixes, just ten minutes and it's done. Note that there will be map 12 as well but it's yet untested :)

EDIT: now it should work

Edited by Zolgia108

Fixed a bug in map04 due to some decorate sovrapposition. Changed some item placement in order to make wad 05 easier on the last part and some misallignments here and there. I am waiting for my brother to test map12 and to see if it has any major bugs.

I am working to clean up the file in order to make it lighter than it is, i know it's 100 but that's because there are mp3s and tons of textures that i am not actually using, all the cleaning will be done asap.

Thank you guys

1 minute ago, HAK3180 said:

I'm definitely looking forward to Map 09.

does this mean that you still want to play 6/7/8? I feel pleased :)

Hey now that i think about it, there is something on map 07 (that was fixed on new link) but not in the old one, if you have the old one just know that there is a point in which you will get stuck (as usual btw lol) and at that point you have to return back where there was a blind alley (going down) with an archvile on it. You will see when you will get there i am sure :P

I am trying my best at my first mapping project. Do you guys know if there is a way to know which textures did i use in the wad in order to get rid of the ones that i don't need? A fast(ish) way i mean

I intend to continue, yes. Thanks for the tip.

Slade tells you which you are not using. I know it tells you right on the patch table if the patch is "not found." Can't remember textures exactly. Editing forum would help you out swiftly, I'm sure.

Slight update:

started detailing maps 01 02 03 04 05 (at current stage they are pretty vanilla and inconsistent)

changed many useless projectile switches into classic ones (Hak will be happy about it^^)

added "sauron's gauntlets"  (from deus vult II) as a replacer for the chainsaw without keeping their power, same damage and frame as the saw but with a different look and sound.

created a new archvile that looks dark grey for the next to come abyss episode. Same power,  different look.

meanwhile i wait for my brother testing map 12 i'm working on 13, Snail takes a portal to the abyss, to the shadow plane. Many dangerous monsters dwell there... will he be able to walk in the shadows?

2013679538_Map13abyss1.jpg.3784593f386e7b2ae8189b28e6a041af.jpg122006005_map13abyss2.jpg.13a8c838fe1e9338d24a0b1cb669d76e.jpg

Map 12 was tested and now working, even though it's big and still needs careful detailing. Map 13 is out and working as an intro to episode 3.

Added planes of existence of each map until now. Snail now is in the abyssal plane (MAP 13) after dealing with his shadow in the astral plane (MAP 08) and going back to the past where mankind didn't exist yet (MAP 09 on)

Edited by Zolgia108

Im still alive.

Halfway to the end, i am working on map 17 meanwhile i wait for my brother to test map 16.

In the meantime @HAK3180 is playing the maps and telling me everything he can to help me fixing issues and eventual bugs, i cannot thank him enough!

Added some screenshots.

Only played the first 2 maps, but the atmosphere is the best I've encountered in a while. Bravo!

30 minutes ago, Pan said:

Only played the first 2 maps, but the atmosphere is the best I've encountered in a while. Bravo!

Thanks a lot m8! I hope it will keep up that way! Note that this is still a Work in Progress so i'm very open to opinions and advices, let me know if you find any issues like misalignments and such and (hopefully not at this point) major bugs :)

I think you've really nailed the atmosphere - A descent from desert ruins into the depths of the evil temple. It is awesome.

No improvement suggestions so far (i will let you know later.). The music in the first 2 levels was perfectly suited to the theme and I enjoy the custom textures and monsters.

Map 17 - Imagine Vulva is in testing phase. It will be the end map of episode III, next we're going to hell as usual

couple of screens

888776281_Imaginevulva1.jpg.1a315f2385363a47e09e731c65e748e6.jpg416751857_Imaginevulva2.jpg.2d5aadfc95a24cb06c8259dc5e531dbb.jpg

Carrying on from the other thread, if you want to continue because you're flowing well, etc., but you're concerned that you'll make too many maps in your current state of mapping skill and only have to come back and make lots of edits as you continue to progress, I suggest you plan but do not (fully) execute. Get a spreadsheet or notebook or something with all 32 slots and write down your ideas for each one, from very general (e.g. dark, linear, hellish) to very specific (e.g. start facing blue key on pedastal in a 256 x 256 room of startan1), whatever you've got at the moment. Maybe work on your intermission texts. Take a look at the Doom Wiki walkthroughs for a few maps. Try to do that for your maps before you even start. Tell the story of the map to get your ideas out of your head and stored somewhere. Maybe even sketch some maps on paper or on screen. If you can't resist opening Doom Builder, maybe just do very basic geometry or just that one encounter you had an idea for. Perhaps most importantly, play maps. Find out what you like and don't like, how things are done, and notice the patterns. 

i already started to sketch on paper, and i decided to base the next 11 maps on the 11 qliphot (tree of knowledge), and the last 3 will take place in heaven. Snail is basically a schizofrenic which is going totally crazy, he's hearing voices from god and he believes he is its reincarnation. God is telling him to retrace his creation steps and to annihilate everything he had made. of course this is all in his mind (like map08 said) and who knows how it will end. Today i played for the 100000 time Scythe 2, i hate bfg spam but i love the architecture there and i am still trying to figure it out how he does that. I played many wads in my life (i love memento mori for example, that's where my problems with shootable switches come from probably lol), i play since 2000. But of course if you have any obscure but really cool wads to recommend please tell me and i will be very happy to play them. My goal is to be able to create good atmosphere and perfect monster placement, that is what i would really love to achieve, detailing is cool but i consider it of secondary importance. Thanks a lot @HAK3180

Added map 18

Fixed a major bug on map 11 that prevents player to progress (sadly hak experienced it in his playthough)  so i invite anyone who is willing to play or already doing that to download newest version

Thanks a lot

Added MAP19 - The Belly and the Beast (our antihero is inside our mother Naamah's womb)

2 weeks have passed and i've been thinking: should i actually make this a 32 megawad our should i cut a little, @HAK3180 recently told me: you don't need to go big or go home. So that's what i think i am going to do: 25 maps, i've convinced myself after reading a topic on the forum, many people quit megawads cause they are too long and they sometimes get boring, unless they are full of 10 minutes max maps, since my megawad has some long ones and it is quite annoying at times, i guess that will be the right choice. Anyways,

2 weeks in which i've thought a lot, in which i cleant up all of those stupid launch error messages that i couldn't figure out before, and in which i've finally made map 19, which is about to be tested. I am learning new stuff day after day thanks to this experience, and it may probably be seen by the differences between 1/12 and 13/19.

Let me know, as usual, if you find any major or small bugs.

thanks!

i Think i am not dead, even if some of you may hope so!

Map 20 has been done and tested, seems to be working.

I also fixed many many things in other maps, especially in map 7 and 17.

I am currently working on a complicated (for me ofc) map 21, trying to detail much more and trying to get better in general, i started analyzing many megawads such as "sunlust" and "valiant" to better understand how they are made.

i will post new screenshots asap, thanks :)

Megawad is now on map 23 (included), doomsnailguy thought he went to heaven but...

well, 4 maps to finish this and then i will start readjusting every single one.

New link has been added, with many many fixes, especially to map 20.

I also decided to momentarly put the previous map 09 (plutonia remake) as map 31 (but there is no secret exit yet) and to divide map 10 in 2 parts.

Screenshots will be added soon :)

Edited by Zolgia108

4 hours ago, Count651 said:

Don't suppose you could reupload the wad? I wanted to give this a try but the download link is busted.

i am really sorry m8, i forgot to upload latest version it seems, going to put it right away :) let me know all your thoughts if you play it so that i can improve!

4 maps in and I absolutely love it so far. The atmosphere is great and the music is creepy as hell. The maps are good too, just the right level of detail. There are a few glitches though, like a switch on map 3 that shares multiple linedefs. You can hit it several times, causing the floor to sink into the ground.

48 minutes ago, Count651 said:

4 maps in and I absolutely love it so far. The atmosphere is great and the music is creepy as hell. The maps are good too, just the right level of detail. There are a few glitches though, like a switch on map 3 that shares multiple linedefs. You can hit it several times, causing the floor to sink into the ground.

Can't imagine how much this makes me happy, especially because those were the first maps that i made, i hope that you'll continue liking it! Don't destroy the computer on map07 please, in case feel free to insult me!

Anyways, can you please tell me which switch? i knew that there would have been other glitches which i couldn't find, i will fix it right away, thanks for telling me  ;)

ooo i get it now! in the secret area! ok thats because the linedef has multiple vertices, i didn't think about that i am so dumb )