Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Nine Inch Heels

Happy birthday Fonze

@FonzeWhat a detailed review! I have yet to release a map, but I imagine that getting such a specific play-by-play account of your level might be almost as much fun as playing the map itself! This motivates me to give it a shot, though I know I'll get torn to pieces.

Decided to keep going and see if I could outsmart this map and be the star of the community.

I failed HAHAHAAAA >:D

I did finish the map with 100% everything except items. The final area (previous cake) is rrrreally unforgiving, personal tastes aside I thought it was very neat looking and thus I feel it's by OH RIGHT SPOILERS TIME:

Spoiler

by rdwpa mainly in charge of the aesthetic side, and NIH did the monster composition plus the idea of putting the further megaspheres on pedestals, but both are suspected of the overall concept of the arena. It's quite a thing, a very simple arena to have such level of brutality outside of the common standards of "brutality", so like brutal brutality (?). I could never tell what archvile was targeting me or where the hell to go because of the tinted-in-blood screen. Nevertheless, part of it was, mmm funny? It brought some memories back I didn't need, but like I said the aesthetic side was as simple as superb too, and obviously the fact it didn't include spectres matters a lot to me. I don't know why I speak like if the map was made to myself...

Anyway, guessing by the concepts, the platforming part with metal sticks screamed NIH the moment I saw it. She said no sr50 is required, well that reaffirms how bad I'm at it (: . The "RL vs. PEs" idea could be by both, presumably NIH is responsible for the start and rdwpa for the lock-in with cacos and lost souls, also he did the swarm of revs/imps at the start right?. Then the two cyberdemons, what I meant with " "mandatory" " yesterday is because the second one can be skipped, regardless of being a smart idea or not, actually it went in favor since it distracted the archvile (my guess is it's by rdwpa) and infighted a little bit before it died to my BFG. The two-shot plan could be a result of a debate between NIH's idea of mandatory tyson and rdwpa's kindness... no?, ok.

I pass on guessing who did the exit part, since the last time I played a map by both I failed to guess who did the cake for Csonicgo. 

Could you tell us who did what? :D

7 minutes ago, galileo31dos01 said:

Could you tell us who did what? :D

Not without RD's permission. ;-)

I have to say though, I quite enjoyed the guesses so far. Maybe something more comes rolling in, who knows?

I just romped through this with saves.  it just makes me second guess my guesses.

the blue arena fight has a lot of heels-ism in gameplay: swimming for the megaspheres; multiple cell-packs stacked into the same grid-unit instead of fanned out; why is the sky-floor damaging, didn't notice it until the noise settled down; etc.  Heel's "fuck blind players" mentality is here for sure.  There's more Heels influence here than I thought originally.

both rdwpa and nih aren't the most revealing creatures.  I've really only played rdwpa speedmaps though so i don't have much to go by, and I've only looked at the starting room of Eden and Ovum.  I've only played like 2 nih maps.  both don't publish to idgames.

The exit fireblu exit seems very rdwpa though.

I'm taking my 1 noisybuck back from the roulette table before the wheel spins, but i'm slapping 10 noisybucks on the exit room because i'm feeling bold tonight.

Got the video with commentary Frankenstein'ed together and uploaded to YouTube; don't expect much.

Spoiler

20 minutes ago, rdwpa said:

Now that is a good thumbnail. Especially upper-left. 

That death doesn't happen the way it may appear: (I'm too stupid to do a gif)

Spoiler

uzfXfw9.png

sTze0bR.png

zTEVulm.png

6Ke5PZA.png

68zCFaM.png

7fVPIyn.png

EpkCqkg.png

c0ZRWuk.png

NllxnjX.png

yZnDNb8.png

18 hours ago, Fonze said:

Got the video with commentary Frankenstein'ed together and uploaded to YouTube; don't expect much.

Oh, I was entertained. I'm quite sure this took some time to put together, so thanks a lot for enduring this map while giggling manically into the microphone every now and then. ;-)

On 8/7/2018 at 7:16 AM, CaptainManiac said:

Although it is kinda too late for birthday wishes,Happy Birthday,Fonze

Nah. I once called my sister to wish her Happy Birthday 3 weeks late (at least it was in the same month, to my "credit"). So, you're only 4 days late, which is, comparatively, winning.

But what do I know? Perhaps Fonze is quietly seething with rage at belated birthday wishes.

On 8/7/2018 at 3:16 AM, Fonze said:

That was great. Thank you for taking the time to put that together, especially considering the shear number of clips you had to edit together.

I may have to download this and give it a try on ITYTD (I don't think I would have any hope otherwise, and still might not). The carnage and strategy are remarkably beautiful, and in such a nice-looking setting, from an aesthetic point of view. Thank you Fonze, @rdwpa, and @Nine Inch Heels for all the work.

4 hours ago, Pegleg said:

Nah. I once called my sister to wish her Happy Birthday 3 weeks late (at least it was in the same month, to my "credit"). So, you're only 4 days late, which is, comparatively, winning.

But what do I know? Perhaps Fonze is quietly seething with rage at belated birthday wishes.

It's not often that someone, for their birthday, receives the results of hours of hard labor. I'm pretty sure rage never happened!