Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DyingCamel

The King of IronCamel Doom Tournament #3: Demonfear

785176495_IronCamelTournament3-Demonfear.jpg.02dce3c35a0d59f115bee6c677c14a4a.jpg

The King of IronCamel Doom Tournament #3: Demonfear

for Twitch streamers (and now anyone who wants to submit a demo)! Runs accepted between August 1st and August 21st!

I still need to set up separate leaderboard for demos. Might have that done soon enough for this one. 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1RmLCRG_KkL2wAKM7BvQcXvfwY1G3-di_hW64OUamn28/

Edit: I set up another tab in the google doc for a Demos Leaderboard! Submit your demos! 

Edited by DyingCamel

Excellent! I've played this before, at least the first few levels. Will participate soon.

Demonfear-IronCamel-AC

Survived! In 1:40:16.

PRBoom+ 2.5.1.5, complevel 2, UV.

Make sure everyone knows to use complevel 2 or 4 (Doom II v1.9 or Final Doom) or Doom (Strict) (in ZDoom) for this wad, lest the bridge on MAP22 break and raise too high, causing a Did Not Finish run.

I didn't expect to make it past MAP04, MAP15, MAP32, MAP23, or MAP29, but I somehow pulled through.

Feeling pretty good about this run.

I was really asking myself do I want to upload this embarrassment but it's all for good spirit anyway! You'll at least have a good laugh of it :))

I died to MAP13. I was severely damaged by a Baron exiting MAP12 (I thought I'd avoid him but I guess not), and entering MAP13 which is hitscan hell I couldn't stay alive for long enough to garner a few precious stimpacks, killed by an unbeforeseen Imp about a meter away from health. Too bad, as I think I had generally higher pace than both AC and Bdubzzz reaching MAP13.

ironcamel-3_naza.zip

Hey...it's good that some demos are accepted. I can give this on a try, since I played that wad long ago.

Aquila, good tip.

@leodoom85 I mentioned this on a different post but the rules/comp level settings (comp level 2/doom strict) are in the google doc ;p ( I know camel could post them here too for less confusion on that also some rules obviously don't apply if you are submitting a demo)

I thought that bridge would've worked in complevel 4, since I remember playing this with the Doom95 executable available with the Doom Collector's Edition.

I see I'm wrong, but dubzzz is right, that the compatibility mode should be reposted on the forum to stem any confusion.

You know what?
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Yeah, some rules must be reposted no matter what to avoid this crappy situation...

Well, one can't survive everything. Also you still beat me, soooooooooo...

Although I fourth that complevel should be put into the main post.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/297750942 = survived in 2:01:21.

I'd recently played Demon Fear as one of my request list wads, so I wasn't going into this one completely blind. Still, I had about 4 close calls during my run, including one on map 3. But yeah, my first survived Ironcamel wad!

congrats to Bdubzzz for winning this month's IronCamel (on Twitch)! And congrats Aquila Chrysaetos for winning the demos bracket!