Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

So, how the hell do I play GZDoom with another player? Also, to make this clear, I was planning on doing it with the Call of DOOty II: Green Ops mod

First of all, I recommend not to play GZDooM's Multiplayer, two friends and I decided to test it with Adventures Of Square but it desynced SO bad. Iirc last time I joined using a command line parameter. "-connect "Friend's IP(3?)"

You can use Zandronum, which to connect to someone's server you just use "Connect "Friend's IP" " on console, I can google it for you.

EDIT: Check this link and follow all steps: https://wiki.zandronum.com/Personal_Game_Server_on_Doomseeker

1 minute ago, Archanhell said:

First of all, I recommend not to play GZDooM's Multiplayer

Aw, man! That sucks, because the only source port I use is GZDoom

2 minutes ago, SuperPCGamer said:

Aw, man! That sucks, because the only source port I use is GZDoom

Me too actually, but Zandronum is very good for certain mods, such as Real Guns Hardcore and every combination.

If you want, only use it for multiplayer, as it's perfectly synced.

Just now, Archanhell said:

Me too actually, but Zandronum is very good for certain mods, such as Real Guns Hardcore and every combination.

If you want, only use it for multiplayer, as it's perfectly synced.

Okay, but do you know if Call of DOOty II works good on it?

1 minute ago, SuperPCGamer said:

Okay, but do you know if Call of DOOty II works good on it?

I am not sure but most probably is it's compatible with Zandronum, in either case if it doesn't work try the mod I mentioned as it replaces basically a lot of stuff and adds more complexity and fun for the player(s)

1 minute ago, Archanhell said:

I am not sure but most probably is it's compatible with Zandronum, in either case if it doesn't work try the mod I mentioned as it replaces basically a lot of stuff and adds more complexity and fun for the player(s)

Yeah, but I wanted to do Call of DOOty II: Green Ops Zombies mode with a friend

Just now, SuperPCGamer said:

Yeah, but I wanted to do Call of DOOty II: Green Ops Zombies mode with a friend

Ok so I just checked and well: 

However it's just talking about SKULLTAG, there are a few videos regarding CoDI with Zandronum so you should try it out with CoDII and see if the results are fine.

If not, tell me.

9 minutes ago, SuperPCGamer said:

Okay! But first, how do I install Zandronum and what do I have to do to start playing? 

Ah sorry for the late answer! https://zandronum.com/download Download it here, the lastest version should be in the top.

You don't need a lot of stuff like .dlls, just a few mods and drag em to the .exe!

Google the Zandronum downloads page and download either the installer or the archive for whatever OS you use. Since you're looking to do MP, you may as well get the version bundled with doomseeker so you can easily connect with one-another. Doomseeker is basically a launcher focused around finding or creating servers, but it can also start sp games if you really ever felt the need for a launcher program. That said, if you enjoy Doom's mp, I would highly recommend also looking into ZDaemon and Odamex, which are also mp-oriented source ports, albeit with their own feels and limitations. They can't do stuff like what you want to play, for example, but they can do a lot of other stuff so if you enjoy the mp, prolly will be a good idea not to limit yourself to one port.

If you do venture into the other 2 ports, you will need Doom Explorer/DE/IDE. This family of launchers works with all 3 ports.

Back to how to play: from doomseeker everything should be fairly self-explanatory; look to create a game and go. Alternatively you may want to look into the sentinels playground, or TSPG, as they run a cluster of servers and host stuff for people. They got a discord you can prolly find a link to, and you can prolly contact them as well on the Zandronum forums, though some of their staff posts here regularly as well. You can also look into Doomshack; I believe tspg's servers are based out of canada while doomshack are based out of california. There are euro server clusters as well, so wherever you are you can prolly get a decent server-hosted game.

I hope you have fun and maybe I'll see you in-game at some point :D

Okay, this is confusing as fuck. 

22 minutes ago, Fonze said:

from doomseeker everything should be fairly self-explanatory; look to create a game and go.

...How do I make one that uses mods?

35 minutes ago, Archanhell said:

You don't need a lot of stuff like .dlls, just a few mods and drag em to the .exe!

Tried that, but.....not much happened, it just opened up and wanted me to configure shit

14 minutes ago, SuperPCGamer said:

Okay, this is confusing as fuck. 

...How do I make one that uses mods?

Tried that, but.....not much happened, it just opened up and wanted me to configure shit

Yeah you gotta configure some stuff, you can send me a screenshot of it and I'll be sure to check tomorrow.

3 hours ago, BLλZING_DUST said:

I recommend using a ZDL if you wanna play Coop, but if you wanna play anything else then you should use Zandronum.

ZDL is just a launcher...

Huh, screenshots suggested otherwise, eh, I think Call of Dooty can be ran on latest Zandronum version now, apparently it requires ZDoom 2.6.1 or higher to work, and since latest Zan is based on 2.8pre-441-g458e1b1 it should run without problems, IMO people should use Zandronum for Multiplayer purposes because GZDoom and ZDoom are known for causing latency and desyncing issues, besides it's easier to find players on Zan.

11 hours ago, Archanhell said:

Yeah you gotta configure some stuff, you can send me a screenshot of it and I'll be sure to check tomorrow.

Eh, at this point I'd wanna just try this some other time

Omg lol how much hand-holding do you need? Are you having trouble understanding something like port forwarding or something else on the more networking side of things or are you just not willing to put any effort into this? Seriously I feel like I put in more work mindlessly replying once to this thread with a link to the Zandronum downloads page (that you either couldn't figure out or find??? despite it being the #1 result on Google when searching for "zandronum download") than you have and I'm not even involved. Setting up a game is stupidly easy, getting people to connect to your server is the more tricky part, so what are you having trouble with?

6 minutes ago, Fonze said:

Omg lol how much hand-holding do you need? Are you having trouble understanding something like port forwarding or something else on the more networking side of things or are you just not willing to put any effort into this? Seriously I feel like I put in more work mindlessly replying once to this thread with a link to the Zandronum downloads page (that you either couldn't figure out or find??? despite it being the #1 result on Google when searching for "zandronum download") than you have and I'm not even involved. Setting up a game is stupidly easy, getting people to connect to your server is the more tricky part, so what are you having trouble with?

I simply have no idea what to do and it's getting me confused because I've never used Zandronum before, like, at all

Well most setup for zand will be the same as the zdoom family, since it's based on them. Stuff like setting up your options, controls, video/audio stuff. As far as the rest goes, from the launcher you will have to associate the zand program, so find that in the setup menus. Of course with any source port you also need the iwads to be associated with the port, most people just copy+paste the iwads into every source port folder for this, since they are small files anyway. From there you can play zandronum through doomseeker and only have to create the server from there. Like I said in my first post, I use IDE, so they are set up a bit differently and I can't tell you off the top of my head, but hover over each button and their names explain what they do. 

For setting up a server, the main things to make sure of are: mode (coop, survival [which is coop with a set/finite amount of lives], deathmatch, etc), difficulty, number of lives (if survival), iWad, and pwad(s). You can further change your experience through compflags, which do stuff like respawn with guns/ammo/armor/etc, friendly fire, fast monsters, etc, but if you are new you might as well stick to the basics.

Have you read the OP of that tutorial yet? (scroll up a tad from where the link takes you) There literally is a video in it. Please start helping yourself just a bit; I want new players in the mp community as much as anyone else but omg don't make me move your mouse for you.

If you have any specific questions I'll be happy to help further, but the general stuff is all already at your fingertips.

1 hour ago, rdwpa said:

I'd be willing to help. 

zQUlZTo.png

how do I sign out? and that, ladies and gentlemen, is how to annoy someone because they told you to sign out

6 hours ago, SuperPCGamer said:

how do I sign out? and that, ladies and gentlemen, is how to annoy someone because they told you to sign out

Take a gun, aim at the sky and scream: "OK GOD, COME HERE AND TELL ME HOW TO SIGN OUT". That's how, If I remember correctly.