Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
PeterMoro

Waterfall textures / animations wrong colour.

Question

I'm making a map (Doom2/GZDB/UDMF) using the Jimmytex textures pack, really good textures.

So i select a Waterfall texture / animation (wfall1, wfall2, etc). Looks nice and blue in the menu but in visual mode and in game the colour has changed to a horrible grey. I've tried fixing it but to no use. Hopefully it's an easy fix.

Thanks to anyone who can help.

7 answers to this question

SOLVED! I just figured out that the waterfall textures (Wfall1, Wfall2, etc) were not just in the Jimmytex wad also another wad (Ultratex) where the textures had the same name and looked exactly the same but they were grey. So even though i was selecting the Jimmytex waterfall textures somehow the other ones were being selected and used instead. So i just deleted the Ultratex waterfall textures and re-saved the pk3. Now it's fine. 

Phew, glad to have that headache sorted and out of the way. 

For me this texture looks okay

in editor visual mode

L2HQeBc.png

in game

qSFGvEZ.png

Now I wonder how you did this.

Edited by Kappes Buur

Thanks for the help! Assuming we're talking about the same texture pack (Jimmytex.wad) I guess it's likely that things got screwy when i converted the textures into a pk3 (along with a few other texture packs) via Slade. 

I copied and pasted the animation lump into a txt. file as well for the pk3 but i guess i screwed up something along the way as the color for this has been altered. 

Any clue where i went wrong?

If you're using a pk3, then exporting the textures from the wad as PNG's and importing them into the pk3 is the best way to go, because they'll render in truecolor and they should render fine from there. It'll be time-consuming, but it might be your best course of action.

Pretty sure I've done that and when i select the Waterfall texture, its shows as blue in the menu but grey in visual mode. I suppose i might have screwed up something with the animation lump?

NewPhobos at 2018.08.05 22-28-29.703 [R2787].jpg

NewPhobos at 2018.08.05 22-31-05.825 [R2787].jpg

It doesn't make sense for it to be an ANIMDEFS problem because that only deals with graphic animations.

The only thing I can think of going wrong is the wrong file type.

Ok, thanks for the tip. I'll keep messing around with it and see if i can fix it somehow. Might start again from scratch with Slade. I'll post the solution if i find it : )