Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SuperPCGamer

If you could have any classic DOOM monster as a pet, what would it be?

My top 5 choices:

1. Cacodemon (He'd be a great guard dog!)
2. Demon (They're too cute)
3. Imp (why not?)
4. Cyberdemon (nobody will bully me ever again if I have this beast by my side!)
5. Doomguy (because technically the doomguy on the cover is John Romero, but John Romero's the Icon of Sin too and the Icon of Sin's a monster. so HA)

Just now, Ex Oblivione said:

I want an Archvile as a pet. Lets assume I get run over by a train, it could resurrect me. And perhaps I'm in the mood for a BBQ well hey I've got that covered too.

Smart choice, man!

25 minutes ago, SuperPCGamer said:

Doomguy (because technically the doomguy on the cover is John Romero, but John Romero's the Icon of Sin too and the Icon of Sin's a monster. so HA)

Citation needed.

On 8/2/2018 at 4:48 PM, Aquila Chrysaetos said:

...the actual source material which actually states that you are Doomguy.

https://www.scribd.com/document/35276066/Ultimate-DOOM-Manual

Doomguy is not Romero.

There was never a name for the DOOM marine because it's supposed to be YOU.

Romero himself said this.

https://web.archive.org/web/20140203112006/http://rome.ro/smf/index.php/topic,1521.msg31827.html#msg31827

So Doomguy on the cover was modeled after Romero. Have you noticed the artistic license taken in that cover anyway?

The source material say that the Doom marine is you. Period. What polygon or forbes or whoever says is irrelevant in the face of the actual source.

It's also worth noting that this is standard practice for modeling in games. It doesn't mean that whatever form was made is actually that developer or model.

Cacodemon for sure. They're cute, they fly around, and like OP said, those energy balls could come in handy. xD

16 hours ago, Aquila Chrysaetos said:

So Doomguy on the cover was modeled after Romero. Have you noticed the artistic license taken in that cover anyway?

The source material say that the Doom marine is you. Period. What polygon or forbes or whoever says is irrelevant in the face of the actual source.

It's also worth noting that this is standard practice for modeling in games. It doesn't mean that whatever form was made is actually that developer or model.

Who the fuck cares? It was a joke.

Also, why would i choose? They're all perfect. (Kinda)

Edited by elarmadillo3

1 hour ago, Aquila Chrysaetos said:

*some argument about the doom marine being me*

Well, I guess I'll just have to become an imp or some shit and then I can have doomguy as a pet since apparently I'm doomguy! Everybody's doomguy, they just have to become a monster at the same time and THEY CAN HAVE DOOMGUY AS A PET!

1 hour ago, Aquila Chrysaetos said:

So Doomguy on the cover was modeled after Romero.

I thought I said "the doomguy on the cover" when I mentioned him on the list. Did you not read that? I'm less stupid than you think 

2 hours ago, Ex Oblivione said:

I want an Archvile as a pet. Lets assume I get run over by a train, it could resurrect me. And perhaps I'm in the mood for a BBQ well hey I've got that covered too.

Pretty much.

With an Arch-Vile I'll be immortal. Whenever I'll die he'll just bring me back everytime. The world would never get rid of me xdd.

Other demons would be the Pain Elemental (his sounds are of unrivaled cuteness), and especially the Baron.

Baron of Hell, because he's classy dude and likes read classic books so much, so he could help me to reach higher tier of knowledge. Also revenants, because nobody would invade my home, knowing that I have army of screaming dudes, which are ready to shoot homing missiles at those who would look at me negative way. 

I'd pick the Lost soul, You don't need to feed them *I think*. Although they would be a bit of a fire hazard.

5 hours ago, Aquila Chrysaetos said:

It doesn't mean that whatever form was made is actually that developer or model

Dude, I don't think he thought that Doomguy was Romero's self-insert or literally was Doomguy himself. I'm pretty sure he was just referencing the fact they used Romero as a model for the artwork. Not to mention he said the Doomguy on the cover, not ingame. You really don't have correct him as if he got some complicated series lore wrong.

The first thing that came to mind was "cyberdemon", because I like how easy it is to get them infighting. However...

9 hours ago, Ex Oblivione said:

... these advantages are hard to pass up.

I don't look forward to those disapproving glances whenever I reach for the minced human between the Whiskers and the Kibbles 'n Bits in the pet food aisle.

I can get kangaroo chunks on the cheap. Will spectres eat those?

5: cacodemon (i believe i can fly)

4: imp (my best friend xdxdxd)

3: demon (a one dog of hell :U)

2: archvile (inmortal!!!)

1: Cyberdemon (The Most Powerful And Scariest Demon)

The archvile can revive me, but, the pain still exist xD

I'm shocked no one mentioned pinky or even better his cousin specter. 

Just figure how fun would be...

"Mama look at stupid that guy, pretending to walk a invisible dog"

"I'm not pretending kid and technically is not a dog, is a demon from hell"

"Ah you loser let me kick your imaginary dog! Here!"

CHOMP!

"Hey where is my son?"

"Good lady, I think it was just eaten by my invisible imaginary dog"

46 minutes ago, Kaos said:

I'm shocked no one mentioned pinky or even better his cousin specter.

It's bad enough tripping over a black cat in the dark let alone a semi-invisible demon. 

I think a Lost Soul could be a precious portable fire resource whenever I need it. I wouldn't even receive heating and/or hot water bills no more. Though on a second thought, Lost Souls aren't quite durable, so I'd choose a Pain Elemental instead which doubles as an apparently infinite Lost Soul resource.

I was going to say cacodemon but it'd fly or burn itself out of the cage. In fact, they'd all kill me in real life. I'll pass :)

Arch viles can't revive humans as evidenced by the fact that they ignore dead doomguy corpses, so that one's off the table. How smart are the various former humans/sergeants? How obedient are they? What are the legal bumps I'd face here? because a zombie slave sounds pretty awesome.

I think I would have a pet caco. (assuming you can choose its size) I think it would be great to have one that is wide enough to go through your average doorway so it can fly into your house and out of your house. But, if the monster's attack is possible to happen when it is angry or scared (like in a new situation or something), then I think I would probably not want a doom monster as a pet. If we were to expand this to enemies from all games, I think I'd be cool with a pet vort from half-life because without the vort-controller they're super nice. But, with vortigaunts their sentience would really make them like Brain from family guy which is basically a long-term roommate whose actions you are constantly responsible for even though they are fully sentient. also 3 fingers on each hand is enough to play video games with a 360/ps controller or play a boardgame like chess or castle panic.