Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SuperPCGamer

Where's the best place to find DooM MIDI covers of certain songs?

I've recently been searching YouTube for DooM MIDI covers of songs, found a few but not too many. So, where's the best place to find DooM MIDI covers of certain songs?

When I want a MIDI of a specific song (which has happened ... maybe twice), I just google the song title + MIDI.

So "Aces High MIDI" when I was looking for a track for my ASS33 speedmap for instance.

I don't know if ultimate-guitar.com is still free, but in the past I would use Guitar Pro 5 to convert power tabs from there into MIDI files, they tended to sound more accurate than MIDIs you find out in the wild. I don't know if this is still viable but it worked wonders for me.

1 hour ago, Capellan said:

When I want a MIDI of a specific song (which has happened ... maybe twice), I just google the song title + MIDI.

Basically what I do each time. It seems there are some larger "repositories" out there where you can find a lot of songs converted to MIDIs, but those are usually a pain to navigate, so google songname + MIDI might be faster still.

Edited by Nine Inch Heels

Echoing what Doomkid said, I'd recommend downloading Tuxguitar, which is a free tablature editing software (Guitar Pro 5 is great, but not free). Then go to Ultimate-Guitar.com and search any song you want. Find tabs that say "Powertab" or "Guitar Pro", download the file, open it with Tuxguitar, and export the file as MIDI. Kind of a lengthy process, but worth it considering Ultimate-Guitar has nearly any song you can think of. 

On 8/7/2018 at 1:06 AM, Doomkid said:

I don't know if ultimate-guitar.com is still free, but in the past I would use Guitar Pro 5 to convert power tabs from there into MIDI files, they tended to sound more accurate than MIDIs you find out in the wild. I don't know if this is still viable but it worked wonders for me.

what, i know now how many people have midis in her maps 

Echoing what everyone else said. Ultimate-Guitar and TuxGuitar is the winning combination. Thankfully they updated TuxGuitar to read GPX files without needing an extra website to convert them to GP5.

The only problem that may arise is when you download a Guitar Pro tab and it's just the guitar. That's why you should always double-check if they have all the instruments. It's obviously much harder to find tabbed songs from obscure bands, but when you do...*chef kiss*

Don't forget to credit the author of the transcription!