Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
LoneC

Switch to open door fails to work!

Question

:: DOOM BUILDER :: 

After realizing that I cannot use scripts in ZDoom (Doom in Doom format), I switched to ZDoom (UMDF) which supports .ACS

After trying to manually port everything, there is a switch that I have that does not work. I tried removing it and re-adding it and it still fails to work.

I followed multiple tutorials. I made the switch a "Door Raise" and gave it a sector tag of "1", then gave the walls I wanted to move the same sector tag of "1". To my dismay, it it does not work. Upon running the map, I hear the door noise, but the walls do not move. I have tried multiple variations of the doors. Making the walls the doors, making both the switch and walls the door, but nothing seems to work. 

I have provided some screenshots of my editor

er1.png

er2.png

er3.png

3 answers to this question

I FOUND THE PROBLEM.

After searching for hours the problem was that I was supposed to initialize the movement speed. It works now, sorry for a useless post.

One of the great things about Doom-in-Hexen and UDMF is that you can specify the speed and delay for doors and lifts, but the downside is you must specify those things.

14 hours ago, Empyre said:

One of the great things about Doom-in-Hexen and UDMF is that you can specify the speed and delay for doors and lifts, but the downside is you must specify those things.

Yeah I just now noticed that with lifts too. The reason that the doors were working when I remade them is because of the shortcut Shift+D. I also got the lifts working too, cus they were broken as well.

I do enjoy how much more control I have over with UMDF however. Its worth learning :D