Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Man of Doom

Full QuakeCon 2018 Schedule

BOY, THAT WAS AMAZING!!!

DOOM SLAYER WAS LIKE PEW PEW PEW, GRAPPLING HOOK!!! FORWARD DASH FORWARD DASH AND THEN HE KILL THE Z-SEC WITH HIS LOW KEY PREDATOR ARM BLADE AND THEN THE MOTHER FUCKING ARCHVILE ARRIVED AND SHOWING OFF HOW COOL HE WAS!!! AND THEN THE DOOM SLAYER WAS LIKE " FUCK YOU, I HAVE A SWORD " AND I WAS LIKE...... OOOOOOORGASSSMMMEDD..... Sorry about that... I need to settle myself down....

Edited by Chickensoup101

I love it!, game looked amazing!! i really loved the fact that some of the designs were reverted to be more in line with their classic counterparts, especially the green haired zombiemans!! god i need time to process everything, but i liked what i saw

Also return to Phobos, hell yeah!

5 minutes ago, Bauul said:

Anyone notice Sign of Evil playing when they were showing off the environments?

I missed that! there was a small remix on the previous game

I'm very intrigued by the Dark Souls invasion mechanic.  Invading other people's single player games as a Baron of Hell or whatever could be, if done well, a lot of fun for a very different asymmetrical multiplayer.

They also seem to have implemented some sort of climbing mechanic similar to the recent Tomb Raider games, I like it so far, I just hope the levels aren't full of locked arenas and that the game actually gives us some chances to appreciate the environments and explore a bit.

Few other things that jumped out:

• Some new 'comedy' glory kills that were genuinely funny (I laughed out loud at the zombie that got his head smushed straight down)
  • The grappling hook should make moving around the environment even quicker
  • Classic plasma rifle!
  • Doom 64 former human
  • Mancubus is back to his classic design
  • The scene where the Doomguy walks through the Phobos lab and all the staff just stare at him made me grin like a 12 year old
  • Pain Elemental's spawned Lost Souls seemed to orbit the PE and only break off when they make a charge for you.
  • The Arachnotron can climb on ceilings
  • The House of the Dead style damage effects looked excellent: visually blowing chunks off demons helps visualize how close to death they are
  • The classic armor used in the teaser trailer seemed just to be an easter-egg, we're back to the Praetor suit, although short sleeved now.
  • The speaker announcements have gone from "Danger: demonic presence" to "Danger: Doomslayer presence"
  • We're likely to see other dimensions that Hell has invaded, some of which looked rather Quakeish

A lot to absorb, but it all adds up to a pretty fun 20 minutes of footage!

Some other details I just found out, although they're mostly inconsequential:

Not only does the Cacodemon have blue blood, so does the Arachnotron.

EDIT: The level design is far more open-ended, and actually appears to do away with the arena lockdowns (or at least makes them more subtle).

Edited by Man of Doom

Ok, it seems like only that keynote presentation of DE is the only thing to be livestreamed. 

I’m guessing the encore presentation and discussion panel with DE is going to be for the attendees only. 

Funny because it says RIGHT ON THE PAGE that the ENCORE portion would be streamed.  I hope we get the panel details soon.

44 minutes ago, Enforcer said:

So they didn't stream DOOM Eternal and RAGE 2 Encore?? But what about DOOM Eternal Q&A?? 

Nothing so far.  I've been watching for it all day.

31 minutes ago, Flesh420 said:

Nothing so far.  I've been watching for it all day.

Same. Watched a bunch of QC matches though :/ Well this sucks. 

I can't wait for release day. This is the first time I've been hyped about a modern game since 2016.  Most modern shooters are just COD/Battlefield clones and not worth it.

Looks like it will be exclusive to Bethesda's own service as I can't find ANYTHING that Bethesda announced at E3 on Steam.  Looks like Bethesda pulled an Activision and abandoned Steam for their own platform.

Edited by hoover1979